User Tag List

Okay i know how to change icons and appstore icons. My problem is that i am trying to make an app store app icon to clear. I've done it with normal apps, but when i try to change an AppStore app icon to clear it is replaced with a default grey icon. does someone know where this icon is located to get rid of it? Thanks in advance!
    2008-09-01 09:03 PM
    What did you do to switch the icon? Did you swap the Icon.png with a transparent Icon.png??? Or do you try to Mod it via winterboard theme control?

~above~
    2008-09-01 10:33 PM
    I replaced it with a transparent(clear) icon.
    2008-09-01 10:43 PM
    I replaced it with a transparent(clear) icon.
    Alright - Try this:

In /Library/Themes (the new directory for themes via winterboard)

Go to whichever directory that corresponds to the theme you are running.
    inside that directory - go into the .../Icons directory and add your transparent icon there. name it: App Store.png with a space between App and store.

Try it out...

~above~
    2008-09-02 01:13 AM
    I am not using WinterBoard. I SSHed into my phone and manually changed it myself. it only does it to AppStore apps. I have changed other apps(non Appstore) with clear ones and they work. its just AppStore ones that once replaced with Transparent(clear) icon i get this grey one instead.
    2008-09-02 06:12 PM
    Having Clear Icons installed..

I went into /private/var/stash/Themes.O9VyAz/Clear Icons.theme/Icons/ and created .png for all the apps i need clear icons for...

on 3.0 this was great for "Messages.png"

I managed to get all the icons i needed by just creating appname.png .. appname being the app's name as it appeared on the springboard..

however Voice Memo (Tried VoiceMemo.png as well)
    and VisualRadio (Tried Visual Radio / allRadio / all Radio) still show their original icons..

Any ideas?
    2009-07-08 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD