cool can't wait to try out the new lockinfo
    2009-12-13 06:27 AM
    Aqwoah LockInfo III is now live and if I may say so, it totally rocks I am extremely happy with it. Here's a screenshot:

Highlights:

- new world map with day/night zones and world times (accurate with DST). Tap on time to view it.
    - new Todo and Twitter sections (make sure you install Appigo Todo Plugin 0.3.3 (not 1.1)
    - scrolling now works perfectly beyond the tap-to-unlock area (and no more snap back)

The only minor known issue that afflicts all html files is that after a respring you need to tap the home button to load the mail/calendar/Todo items. If anyone has an idea how to fix that, please let me know.
    Come visit AlohaSoft
    2009-12-14 03:34 AM
    try to install it right now thanks
    2009-12-14 03:51 AM
    Great work as always,
    I have a couple of issues that need resolving

the window for the world map is not big enough, and note the rss feed in the second photo. How do I get rid of this?!

EDIT: how do I get it to sync with my Twitter account?
    Last edited by skiptowncat; 2009-12-14 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-12-14 11:32 AM
    The map is just fine, the problem is your font. I cannot solve this for you in this thread. Please email me. The RSS string is weird and I have never seen it. My suggestion would be to refresh the feed (tap the refresh button in the title bar). If that doesn't solve it, email me. Finally, for Twitter setup you must enter your password in the Twitter plugin in the Settings app. I also see that the world time lookup failed for you (possibly because the script error encountered in RSS). You should respring to solve that.
    Last edited by armadillo; 2009-12-14 at 03:33 PM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft
    2009-12-14 03:31 PM
    as usual armadillo awesome work.... Fan bloody tastic
    2009-12-14 03:54 PM
    Could my problems be due to the fact I'm running a 3g not a 3gs?
    I've tried a few different fonts and still no joy. I have sent you an email.
    2009-12-14 04:45 PM
    No, I don't think it has anything to do with the iPhone model. It is a font issue and you can verify by going back to the original Helvetica. This is fixable though, but requires CSS editing. I can't troubleshoot here and will email you back.
    Come visit AlohaSoft
    2009-12-14 05:03 PM
    No, I don't think it has anything to do with the iPhone model. It is a font issue and you can verify by going back to the original Helvetica. This is fixable though, but requires CSS editing. I can't troubleshoot here and will email you back.
    I shall await your reply!!
    It's still awesome anyway!!
    2009-12-14 06:41 PM
    For all of you having installed fonts with different line heights, open style.css and find the following section:

Code:
    .timeClock {
    	font-size:22px;
    	font-weight:bold;
    	line-height:26px;
    	color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8);
    	margin-top:5px;
    	text-shadow:none;
    	}
    Insert the line highlighted in red. I have tested this for Calibri. If you use another font that still extends the header, play with the value.
    Come visit AlohaSoft
    2009-12-14 06:51 PM
    For all of you having installed fonts with different line heights, open style.css and find the following section:
    Best thing to do (easiest is to rest fontswap or what ever you have used back to default the whole lock theme will work as normal then
    2009-12-14 07:14 PM

Code:
    .timeClock {
    	font-size:22px;
    	font-weight:bold;
    	line-height:26px;
    	color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8);
    	margin-top:5px;
    	text-shadow:none;
    	}
    Insert the line highlighted in red. I have tested this for Calibri. If you use another font that still extends the header, play with the value.
    Worked a charm, still no dice with the time zones or rss problems.
    2009-12-14 07:15 PM
    You should contact me via email or chat (my AIM screen name is enaloha). This thread will not work for that purpose.
    Come visit AlohaSoft
    2009-12-14 07:55 PM
    You should contact me via email or chat (my AIM screen name is enaloha). This thread will not work for that purpose.
    trying to reach you on skype??
    2009-12-14 08:02 PM
    I upgraded to Lockinfo III today. First off, I love it! Thanks so much for doing this.

Second, I seem to be having an issue with duplicated Tweets and Calendar items.

The tweets show up the first load after a respring with each tweet duplicated. As it grabs new tweets, those are not duplicated. So this is an issue that doesn't persist and I can live with it just like it is.

But the calendar items is something I'd like to pursue how to fix. I am showing each item in the calendar twice. I've checked my calendar and I do not have them subscribed to twice or anything like that. Ideas?

Lastly, everything else seems to have a flag to launch expanded/collapsed except for the World Times map. I can always click the time and make it collapse and that's fine as a work around, but if you could add that in, it would be awesome! Frankly I really use the RSS/Twitter/Calendar constantly and then hit up the other fields as I need the info.

Thanx!

Doc
    2009-12-14 08:03 PM
    i'm also having a problem with the world times. they all show my time all over the world?????? Any answers ?
    2009-12-14 09:10 PM
    if you have any issues, please email me. I can't hang out here much (it's a busy day for me). I will try and get back to you guys. If possible, attach screenshots and description of what your problem is. If you have duplicate entries, make sure you have set the LockInfo plugin settings correctly.

Finally, you can test the world times and weather settings in Safari. Just double-click on the lockinfo.html, make changes and refresh in Safari.
    Come visit AlohaSoft
    2009-12-14 10:15 PM
    Found part of the issue with duplicate calendar entries.

It seems that perhaps WAAAY back when 3.0 came out and I moved to MobileMe sync that I went into duplicate calendar entries. Every one of my calendar entries was duplicated but the only way to see the dupes is to go into the list view (which I don't use). Apple seems to have programmed around the duplicate issue on the month and day views. So I never knew the problem existed. So I simply unlinked calendars off MobileMe and let it delete the data. Then readded it and it was fine.

Tweets still duplicate on first respring but that's ok. They QUICKLY scroll off and I only have single tweets at that point.

And I can live with having to turn off the world clock view when I respring. But that is something that would be nice to have in the config file someday.

Thanx!!!
    2009-12-14 11:22 PM
    I am trying to understand the time zone problem a handful of users are experiencing. I know that for most people it works without a problem. So if anyone experiencing the time zones being all the same and is willing to help me troubleshoot it interactively, I'd appreciate it. So if you have this problem and you have a few minutes, please contact me via AIM. My screen name is enaloha.

@Doc Rock: The world clock view is collapsed by default (unless you changed it in config.js). So after a respring, you first have to tap the time to expand the world view (or the monthly calendar for that matter)
    Last edited by armadillo; 2009-12-15 at 04:45 AM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft
    2009-12-15 03:30 AM
    I am trying to understand the time zone problem a handful of users are experiencing. I know that for most people it works without a problem. So if anyone experiencing the time zones being all the same and is willing to help me troubleshoot it interactively, I'd appreciate it. So if you have this problem and you have a few minutes, please contact me via AIM. My screen name is enaloha.

@Doc Rock: The world clock view is collapsed by default (unless you changed it in config.js). So after a respring, you first have to tap the time to expand the world view (or the monthly calendar for that matter)
    I'm experiencing this problem too and am available on AIM. I am in the UK though and at the moment it appears you're offline...
    2009-12-15 11:07 AM
2,220 ... 46869495969798106 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD