Hey guys, I found a simple way to have separate lockscreen background and a springboard background.

-First, go online or whatever to get a picture for your lockscreen and springboard background, and save the lockscreen as LockBackgound, and the springboard background as Wallpaper.

-Then Navigate to Library>Themes>Whatever theme you want.

-Double click on your theme folder, and drag LockBackground into that folder
    (EX. /private/var/stash/Themes.gmUjjV/iGlasssol.)
    Now you should have a lockscreen background attached to the theme. Do that again, but for the springboard background, name it Wallpaper. After you've done that, make sure user wallpaper is OFF in winterboard. That's the way I did it ! You can study how I customized iGlasssol for the sounds, and stuff. Ummm, well... Check it out . Uh... I guess the file's too big to be on here. I'll give you the link on mediafire. Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

P.S. I know Dirk already posted it, but I'm pretty sure that you don't have to make a .theme folder lol.
    Last edited by bubblemasta; 2009-09-02 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-02 04:33 PM
    Doesn't Winterboard simply use a priority based system in the Themes page?
    If you select and move (drag) User Wallpaper (and/or User Lock Background) to the very top of the list, and your selected theme directly under it, Winterboard processes based on the priority list.
    Awesome! Thanks. I did not know that and it solved my problem of wanting to run iComplete with my own lock background. I wasn't sure why it wasn't working but after reading your post, I dragged user lock background (in winterboard) to the top and voila! 2 hours of anguish over. Thanks again.
    2009-11-02 09:08 AM
    hi guys! kinda new here

1 Q? is this theme (saurik) works on itouch 3 OS 4.0? coz i cant seem to get it working.

thanks!
    2010-09-25 08:35 PM
    Ehhh i think you should just find your own theme. Anyways, for ur question, I forgot what the theme was in the first place, and other than that, in the winterboard themes list, touch and drag the right side of the bar up to the top. It should work.
    2010-09-25 08:46 PM
    hi guys! kinda new here

1 Q? is this theme (saurik) works on itouch 3 OS 4.0? coz i cant seem to get it working.

thanks!

1. Saurith creator of cydia ( and winterboard)
    2. No, it has problems with the dock.
    3. Welcome.
    2010-09-26 08:22 PM
    Far easier way of doiging this.

Just navigate to the theme folder and delete the wallpaper file.

You dont have to make theme folders and anything to set new backgrounds, just set them the old fashion way.
    2011-02-09 10:56 AM
    Thanks for the 2-years-later-update! It's a lot easier to customize your iPhone these days, in fact you don't even have to Jailbreak it. Back in my day, we had to walk uphill both ways to the Apple store to buy an iPhone, and they'd tell ya you had to wait a month. Back in my day you had to read through 100's of pages of blogs to figure out how to jailbreak your device then actually learn things on your own. Pepperidge Farms remembers.

In real true no-lies actuality the best way to do this now (in Feb 2011 so people in the way off future of 2015 don't update this with obviousness) is to not buy an iPhone.
    I'm really into landlines now, they're pretty choice my man. You can use stickers to totally customize them. Got myself a rotatory phone now cause I'm so steampunk.
    2011-02-14 06:01 PM
    Weird. I just assumed that the "User Wallpaper" theme was to allow you to to set the wallpaper. De-selecting it takes away my wallpaper and restores my original lock screen wallpaper.
    To do that you need to install a file on Cydia called " enable multitasking " and then enable it with winterboard. Then go to Photos and enable "set as background -> both" and you are done
    http://goo.gl/U6TxX

Donate, request or help -> [email protected]
    2011-02-21 10:19 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD