Hello.
    First of I just want to make sure that I understand it correctly.
    The apps one can install from apple's own app-store on a non-jailbroken ipod-touch, have to run in some sort of sandbox, they cannot use all the input on the device (I'm thinking of the plug for the USB-cable. Called the dock, is it?) and only one at the time can run.

If the above is correctly understood, my question is this. How much change for the apps installed from the non-official sources available to the jailbroken devices?

PS: If this is not the place for questions but only guides and such, then could a mod just please move it to its right location?
    2008-09-14 12:15 AM
    The AppStore is very limited in what it offers, as in:
    No apps can run in the background.
    No apps can alter system files.
    No apps can affect each other.
    No apps can install anything else onto the device.

Jailbroken apps can do anything, the only limit is your imagination! Create it and ask for it to be hosted on someone's repo (use a larger one, like MMi or BigBoss).
    Now, you cannot make anything malicious, because as soon as it's figured out that you made something that was to do harm, it will be taken down faster than you can say "Wow".

P.S. This is the wrong place, this is for iPod Jailbreak/Upgrade/Downgrade/Restore/Problem forum. There is a section for apps.
    2008-09-14 12:42 AM
    Anything you say? Nice!
    It should be some kind of UNIX OS right? So it should be possible to make a daemon for it... right?

Thanks for the help BTW. And I'll be sure to post in the apps section from now on.
    2008-09-14 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD