User Tag List

EDIT now available via Cydia

First of all credit to Kylgore for his original post at http://www.modmyi.com/forums/new-ski...k-buttons.html

I took the work done here and made it winterboard friendly feel free to download the pack. This will give you tap to answer, unlock, and power down buttons.

Upload folder to your winterboard themes directory and apply via winterboard.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by philo; 2008-09-26 at 05:04 AM.
    2008-09-22 09:59 PM
    Hi there and thanks for this. I love it!

However, just wanted to let you know, the "Tap to Power Down" button doesn't work for me on my 3G iPhone.. I'll hold the power button down, that graphic appears, but tapping it doesn't actually work. I need to disregard the instruction and swipe my finger left to right, as usual, in order to power down. I don't power down all that often so it's not a big deal, just thought you should know. I'd like to see it (a) working as expected, or if that's not possible, (b) have the graphic returned to it's original state, so the instructions are accurate.

Thanks again!
    2008-09-26 09:21 PM
    I really like this but was wondering if someone can make the lock screen bottom background and the "Tap To Unlock" clear. So the lock screen will only show the clock and you only have to tap the bottom to unlock.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile
    2008-09-26 11:27 PM
    if you have this problem try pressing about a half second where the icon is. i'll see if this can be made better. to undo the changes deselect the slider pack in winterboard.

However, just wanted to let you know, the "Tap to Power Down" button doesn't work for me on my 3G iPhone.. I'll hold the power button down, that graphic appears, but tapping it doesn't actually work. I need to disregard the instruction and swipe my finger left to right, as usual, in order to power down. I don't power down all that often so it's not a big deal, just thought you should know. I'd like to see it (a) working as expected, or if that's not possible, (b) have the graphic returned to it's original state, so the instructions are accurate.

Thanks again!
    2008-09-27 12:29 AM
    if you want the bg of the tap buttons invisible, use this one
    Attached Files
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2008-09-27 02:50 AM
    if you want the bg of the tap buttons invisible, use this one
    Thanks a lot. But could you also make just the "Tap to Unlock" invisible as well. Thanks again
    2008-09-27 05:23 AM
    to undo the changes deselect the slider pack in winterboard.
    well yeah, but that would revert all of the changes globally. That's not what I meant. What I meant was, if I couldn't get the "tap to power down" to work, could I somehow revert that change only, but leave "tap to unlock" and "tap to answer call" intact.

if you have this problem try pressing about a half second where the icon is.
    tried that, didn't work. The only way I could power down was to SWIPE, not tap.

I just downloaded your update to 1.1, and it seems to work now. I have to hold my finger down for about a second, but at least it does in fact power off.

Thanks!
    2008-09-27 08:26 PM
    Thanks a lot. But could you also make just the "Tap to Unlock" invisible as well. Thanks again
    i made it but im afraid to test it lol, i don't know if i have the size right and im afriad ill be tapping on something that doesnt' exist and it wont unlock or something. and not being able to go into winterboard to de-select it scares me.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2008-09-27 08:59 PM
    It's ok I made one myself. Now my lock screen just shows the clock and all you have to do is tap the bottom to unlock. Thanks
    2008-09-27 11:21 PM
    2008-09-28 03:41 AM
    im no good with programs any way you could make one that says "Tap that Shlt" you know what i mean right? so plz
    also like "Answer that Shlt" n "Shut it Down!" would be pretty cool hope im not asking for too much.
    Last edited by millionman; 2008-09-30 at 04:51 AM.
    2008-09-30 04:48 AM
    @millionman

I had time to play. So i made three png's with gimp as requested.
    Hope they do work.

regards
    Mister K.
    Attached Thumbnails Tap To Unlock Buttons Back & Better Than Ever-bottombarknobgray.png   Tap To Unlock Buttons Back & Better Than Ever-bottombarknobgreen.png   Tap To Unlock Buttons Back & Better Than Ever-bottombarknobred.png  
    2008-09-30 09:21 AM
    Sick! thanx a lot man
    2008-09-30 04:53 PM
    I don't know if this is the same one I got from Cydia, but if it is. The tap to cancel sync is messed up, it still shows syn or something behind it on the right hand side.
    2008-10-01 07:18 AM
    How do we change the strings for these?
    2008-11-19 02:57 PM
    Hello, these taps are great but does anyone know where I can get these taps tranparent/invisible with no text in them?
    2008-12-20 05:12 AM
    I don't know if we use the same Tap to unlock (I use A better tap to unlock in Cydia and it is clear but for the text)and place it first in Winterboard. Then I use The best clear lockscreen (available in Cydia)next on Winterboard. It removes the grayish upper and lower part of the screen to make it clear.

If you want to remove the text altogether, you can always try to edit the app by removing the text and replacing it with " " (I mean spaces, about 15 will do for a good tap area.)
    2009-02-21 04:40 AM
    I have the same problem on my 2G iPhone. Tap to Unlock appears all right and works OK, but I cannot see the Tap to Power Off button. How do you make it appear and when ?

Thanks for your answer

Jorge

Forgot to quote

Rgds

if you have this problem try pressing about a half second where the icon is. i'll see if this can be made better. to undo the changes deselect the slider pack in winterboard.
    Originally Posted by Fofer

Last edited by jpetreanu; 2009-04-20 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-20 08:49 PM
    How do we change the strings for these?
    They're not strings, the text is rendered into the image. If you want to change the strings you have to ask the creator to do it for you or give you a psd, fw png, or whatever else file you can edit. You can change/remove the slide to unlock, answer, etc. text.
    2009-07-30 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD