User Tag List

I currently have a jailbroken 1st Gen 2.1 ipod touch jailbroken with quickpwn. I heard there isn't that many good changes in 2.1 to 2.2 and I heard there is alot of problems when jaikbreaking it do you think I should waste all that time in upgrading it for the few changes?

One more question is about the 2nd Gen ipod touch. I know the Dev team is very busy atm and they have done excellent work so far that I am so thankful for but is there any ideas or guesses when the 2nd Gen ipods will be able to be jailbroken? I know there probably isn't but its worth a chance
    2008-11-24 11:48 PM
    No clue on the ipod jailbreak for the 2nd gen but i believe personally it will come either at the same time or after the 3g software unlock so wait for that as its at a higher demand. as far as the update to 2.2 i had (it got stolen this weekend) and ipod touch 2.1 jailbroken and i chose to hold off on the update until i saw all the new reviews. by default streets view is NOT available on the ipod so you will have to get the hack for that to work and i dont know....i personally held off and i suggest the same for you. just personal opinion
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2008-11-25 12:03 AM
    Well 2.2 is friggen fast. Like, my resprings used to take like 10 sec., now they take 1 to 2. BUT, the downside is, alot of cydia apps dont work. 2 major ones that i use include Pwnplayer and Appflow. I'm sure there are plenty more. And, dont get all excited about streetview like I did, because the iPod doesnt have it.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2008-11-25 02:20 AM
    for bteamer check this out....its on another forum but it belongs here as well

Modification enables Street View on iPod touch - iPod touch Fans forum
    2008-11-25 02:29 AM
    Can someone point me to the 2.2 ipod touch firmware?

the link on the Jailbreak News post is out.
    2008-11-25 04:23 AM
    im pretty sure ipod touch users had to pay for the update????

here is the iTunes link

http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite...uchUpdate=true
    Last edited by cricketlang; 2008-11-25 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-11-25 04:40 AM
    No they dont. And if you update through itunes, it stores the firmware on you comp. In xp its

My computer/c/documents and settings/<YOUR USERNAME HERE>/application data/apple computer/itunes/ipod software updates.
    Just take it from there.
    2008-11-26 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD