User Tag List

Today a message came up saying there was an essential update for cydia which had something to do with Openssl i also upgraded OpenSSh well when it was finished there was a terminal icon there and the mobile terminal was in my cydia packages. So two questions, What exactly was the update that cydia did and what is OpenSSL, and also what does the mobile terminal do that it installed?
    2008-12-11 07:49 AM
    so terminal is the mac equivalent of windows cmd prompt. i also had the update but it did not put terminal on my springboard. if you dont already....install SBSettings and just go to more> and then hide applications and just hide it so its not in the way
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2008-12-11 07:52 AM
    Thanks! I have SBSettings but i didn't end up needing it the mobile terminal showed up in manage packages in cydia so i will just uninstall it from there.
    2008-12-11 11:38 PM
    this could be used to downgrade the base band for "30" to "28"
    2009-03-24 08:19 AM
    A very oversimplistic explanation is that Open SSL has to do with the secure networking of the iPhone. SSL = Secure Sockets Layer. You dont use it as an app, but you need it on your iPhone.
    Mobile Terminal is just like having Putty (windows) or Terminal (Mac) accessible right on your iPhone. It is similar in theory to the Windows command Prompt but the syntax used is different. It is used mainly for changing permissions and owndership of files and folders. It can do much more but unless you are an extreme hacker you probably wont use it for more. It can also run some "command line" functions again most people will not use it for that. However, I consider Terminal essential to have on an iPhone becasue while one can access the files via SSH from a desktop, sometimes you arent near a computer and you need to fix something.
    2009-03-24 12:55 PM
    hello, i have accidentally tapped wrong setting into mobile terminal's config, does anyone knows how to restore it back to orginal one?
    i'd "reinstall", "uninstall & install"... the setting still is broken one. pls help.

from,
    j2innet
    2009-07-30 06:06 AM
    i tried mobile terminal nd i did everything like it said for the first time and it says incorrect password when i put in the password "alpine". Why does it do this??? if someone can help me that'd be really great please...
    2010-08-24 03:03 AM
    A very oversimplistic explanation is that Open SSL has to do with the secure networking of the iPhone. SSL = Secure Sockets Layer. You dont use it as an app, but you need it on your iPhone.
    Mobile Terminal is just like having Putty (windows) or Terminal (Mac) accessible right on your iPhone. It is similar in theory to the Windows command Prompt but the syntax used is different. It is used mainly for changing permissions and owndership of files and folders. It can do much more but unless you are an extreme hacker you probably wont use it for more. It can also run some "command line" functions again most people will not use it for that. However, I consider Terminal essential to have on an iPhone becasue while one can access the files via SSH from a desktop, sometimes you arent near a computer and you need to fix something.
    you could acess your iphone's files using iFile
    2010-08-28 03:24 AM
    Its not actually working in mine. It downloaded fine, and it opens to a screen with a keyboard, then dies. I think it might be to do with my ipod, a lot of apps do that -_-
    2010-09-06 10:58 AM