User Tag List

I want to change the homescreen background, dock, lock/unlock sounds and text message sounds. But I want to do them all manually without using winterboard. I already have all the files I'm going to use, I just need to know where to put them. I can't seem to find anything covering that.
    I'd also like to delete the slide to unlock bar and the text that goes with it completely so that it's totally invisible. thanks!
    2008-12-14 01:43 PM
    u can't change the homescreen wallpaper wihout enabling winterboard. By default, there is no wallpaper, so, nothing to change.
    The other icons are in each of their application folders.
    ex: for changing the Maps icon..
    \applications\maps.app\icon.png

and.. you can't get rid of you slider without winterboard either, you can edit the text in the springboard.strings file.
    Last edited by Simtech; 2008-12-14 at 03:00 PM.
    2008-12-14 02:56 PM
    u can't change the homescreen wallpaper wihout enabling winterboard. By default, there is no wallpaper, so, nothing to change.
    The other icons are in each of their application folders.
    ex: for changing the Maps icon..
    applicationsmaps.appicon.png

and.. you can't get rid of you slider without winterboard either, you can edit the text in the springboard.strings file.
    You're half right. You can't change the black homescreen background without winterboard but you can get rid of the slider. The slider and slider background are in system/library/privateframeworks/telephonyui.framework. To make them invisible simply delete them. The slider background is bottombarbkgndlock.png and the slider is bottombarknobgray.png

To edit the slide to unlock text go to system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/english.lproj. Copy the springboard.strings file to your computer and change the extension from .strings to .plist. Then run it through this site http://vietserver.info/plist/ Then you can edit it to say something else or nothing at all. Then just change the extenion back to .strings and put it back on your phone.

To change the text message sounds you need to convert the sound to .aiif then change the extension to .caf. Then navigate to system/library/audio/uisounds and replace the other ones. They are sms-recieved1.caf etc up to sms-recieved6.caf. You have to name yours these names and replace the old ones.
    2008-12-14 09:46 PM
    Thank you. Those were very helpful responses. Can I make the icon labels black so that they're not visible against the black background?
    2008-12-14 10:58 PM
    Im trying to change my third party app icons.
    They are not all in the same place (applications)
    For instance "Pandora" is not right there under P in the applications folder. Also "trashmbox" for 3G is not the same place as the 2G. I did use the very helpfull post regarding icon locations for apps, these issues not covered.
    Thanks a bunch
    2008-12-15 02:32 PM
    Does anyone know how to get rid of the vibration when plugging in to charge?
    2008-12-15 03:43 PM
    Im trying to change my third party app icons.
    They are not all in the same place (applications)
    For instance "Pandora" is not right there under P in the applications folder. Also "trashmbox" for 3G is not the same place as the 2G. I did use the very helpfull post regarding icon locations for apps, these issues not covered.
    Thanks a bunch
    You can look in \\User\applications\
    They have the coded directories, you have to open each one and there will be a [application name].app subfolder. In that folder you will find the icon.png for that application.
    2008-12-15 05:05 PM