User Tag List

I got a 1st gen Ipod touch with 1.1.5 firmware today. I charged it and tried out the default apps and the internet. Then i decided to upgrade to the new 2.2 firmware. So i downloaded it and then it asked me to restore to let the update take affect. Then while trying to restore it said error 1604. Now when i turn it on it just shows an Itunes icon and the usb cable connecting to it and that is all it does. I have tried all different kinds of ways of trying to get it to work ex: restart computer, uninstall Itunes, different usb ports, and some other stuff. I am running windows xp. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Happy holidays.
    2008-12-26 01:37 AM
    when that happened to me with my iphone I just put it into DFU mode (search iphone section to find out how) and then I hooked it up and about 5 minutes later it was all good again. Hope that works for you.

happy holidays to you as well
    2008-12-26 01:52 AM
    Thanks bookem. I have put my ipod touch into DFU mode now but it is not showing up in my itunes but if i take it of DFU mode then it shows up again.
    Any suggestions.
    2008-12-26 05:39 AM
    Haa 2day is ur lucky day. I just got from having the same problem you do about an hour ago and now im typing from my ipod . Heres what u do u connect ur ipod to itunes then hold power and home until it disconnets from itunes. Nxt let go of power and continue holding home until ur ipod reappears in itunes. Next let go of he button and click restore. Tht should do it for you. If it didnt then close itunes down, remove ipod from port (not port from ipod) reopen itunes. Nxt reconnect usb to ur other port. Once itunes finds it then click restore and it should work . Post back and tell me if it worked. Srry about typing and spelling. Its not easy from an ipod. By the way nxt time u r looking for help try ipodtouchfans.com u get much better help from there
    2008-12-28 09:38 AM
    Thanks for all the help. i took it to apple and they fixed in about 5 mins.
    2008-12-28 04:26 PM
    2008-12-29 09:00 AM
    i am having exactly the same problem with my touch as yankees but mine is a 2nd gen and runs 2.1 atm, it is currently showing the itunes icon and the usb lead,when i connect the ipod to the computer and itunes sees it, it says it has been detected in recovery mode, so i click restore but then it gives a message box and then the option to "Update And Restore" or "Cancel" so i click on "Update And Restore" as it is updating to 2.2, then halfway through it gives the message that "iPod"iPod Could Not Be Restored Unknown Error Has Occured(13)"
    i have tried everything mentioned in this thread and there is no apple store close to us =-(
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Mikey
    2008-12-31 11:46 AM
    Haa 2day is ur lucky day. I just got from having the same problem you do about an hour ago and now im typing from my ipod . Heres what u do u connect ur ipod to itunes then hold power and home until it disconnets from itunes. Nxt let go of power and continue holding home until ur ipod reappears in itunes. Next let go of he button and click restore. Tht should do it for you. If it didnt then close itunes down, remove ipod from port (not port from ipod) reopen itunes. Nxt reconnect usb to ur other port. Once itunes finds it then click restore and it should work . Post back and tell me if it worked. Srry about typing and spelling. Its not easy from an ipod. By the way nxt time u r looking for help try ipodtouchfans.com u get much better help from there
    You are honestly going to come and post on MODMYI.COM,saying that its better on ipodtouchfans? Trust me, I've been over...there, and It's so disorganized that i cant even find my way around. So dont be talking about no help. Maybe you should join the irc.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-01-05 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD