User Tag List

So I'm just getting into this whole iTouch modding scene and I've seen it done before on other people iPods but i want to clearify a few things
    on a 1st gen 2.0 iTouch can you download apps on your computer and put them on your iPod if not then how do you get these (iPhone Applications List - iPod Touch Applications) on your iPod
    Also with 2.0 and up can you change/make your own theme ad such like you would with spicy chicken for the older firmware?
    thank you
    2008-12-30 09:30 AM
    To the app question, yes. With AppStore apps, just download (or buy if you so choose) them from iTunes and sync your iPod with iTunes. For other apps (jailbroken ones), you can download them from your computer then SSH into your device and put them into the correct folder(s). It's just much easier to use Cydia. To the background question, you can with all firmwares.
    2008-12-30 05:42 PM
    Thank you
    what is ssh and how do you download them from that page and how do you know what folder to put them in? will it work on a 2nd gen itouch?
    and is there a tutorial for any of this anywhere?
    Last edited by wo0ts; 2008-12-30 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-12-30 08:04 PM
    Click on the "Guides" on the top of the page....
    and No 2nd gen is not jailbroken yet.
    2008-12-30 08:07 PM
    Customize doesn't work on 2.x unfortunately. Winterboard is the only thing to use for themes.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-01-05 03:47 AM