User Tag List

Is there any possible way to make iRealSMS winterboard compatible?

I know version 1 was compatible.. I wonder what made the developer take it out
    2009-01-08 09:20 AM
    Good write up, I can't believe no one knew that was how you had to theme individual apps.

Very odd. But, great work nontheless
    As I was searching forum after forum, I could not believe someone had not even written a tutorial like the one I wrote. My tutorial is nothing special, just a basic write up. Im pretty sure people have gotten that far themselves. But I guess now that irealsms is cracked, it will finally get the attention it deserves. Let's face it, all the iPhone forums as they are now, are only as popular as they are because were not just downloading app store apps and music from iTunes. I'm willing to bet my 3G that if the dev team quit, or Apple finally got the better of them and make the phone completely unjailbreakable (lol) then Modmyi, and all the other great forums would take a dive in bandwidth. But I shudder to think of a world with a stock iPhone.
    2009-01-08 08:26 PM
    I actually do believe you can add in your images using Winterboard...

I believe (not positive, in fact, only hypothetical) that if one was to create a folder inside of /yourtheme/Folders named iRealSMS.app, that you can place your images there. Not positive, just hypothetical.
    iPhone 4- I'll start theming again
    2009-01-08 09:17 PM
    I actually do believe you can add in your images using Winterboard...

I believe (not positive, in fact, only hypothetical) that if one was to create a folder inside of /yourtheme/Folders named iRealSMS.app, that you can place your images there. Not positive, just hypothetical.
    i dont think so b/c the images that are used in irealsms are from the other.artwork file ...they are not built into the app....so for whatever reason and however winterboard comes between the app and the UIImages irealsms wont allow it...and i just tried it quick for the text bubbles that are stored in the .app folder and it did not work..

Good write up, I can't believe no one knew that was how you had to theme individual apps.

Very odd. But, great work nontheless
    actually when you replaced the other.artwork to theme irealsms it would theme every app that use those files...your replacing the original stock images inside the .artwork file with your own so when the MobilePhone.app goes to pull the images it gets the modded images as well....before winterboard was around and before we knew about the "UIImages Folder" if you wanted to theme your iPhone you had to unpack the .artwork file and repack it with your images to change the look of the phone including the keyboards
    Last edited by Ice9812; 2009-01-09 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button
    2009-01-09 05:22 AM
    i dont think so b/c the images that are used in irealsms are from the other.artwork file ...they are not built into the app....so for whatever reason and however winterboard comes between the app and the UIImages irealsms wont allow it...and i just tried it quick for the text bubbles that are stored in the .app folder and it did not work..
    And I would realize my misunderstanding literally minutes after making that post. I'm too lazy to go back and change them ahah.

I for one should have realized that it was via UIImages. I themed every freaking one in my own personal theme that I don't even use anymore. That was fun....

actually when you replaced the other.artwork to theme irealsms it would theme every app that use those files...your replacing the original stock images inside the .artwork file with your own so when the MobilePhone.app goes to pull the images it gets the modded images as well....before winterboard was around and before we knew about the "UIImages Folder" if you wanted to theme your iPhone you had to unpack the .artwork file and repack it with your images to change the look of the phone including the keyboards
    I should have spoken more clearly. How to theme INSIDE of apps. Not individual apps. haha

This write up talks about replacing the individual bubbles that 'iRealSMS' uses, and thus he changes the bubbles the app calls upon. That is what I was talking about- the ability to theme the individual files the app calls upon
    2009-01-09 09:39 PM

I should have spoken more clearly. How to theme INSIDE of apps. Not individual apps. haha

This write up talks about replacing the individual bubbles that 'iRealSMS' uses, and thus he changes the bubbles the app calls upon. That is what I was talking about- the ability to theme the individual files the app calls upon
    oh i see....sorry i thought you were talking about the UIImages....but for whatever reason winterboard doesnt theme iRealSMS....maybe a future update from iRealSMS will change that
    2009-01-09 10:29 PM
    Haha no problem.

And we can only hope so. Right now I'm really liking how Massimo's iPhoneShop extracts all the UIImages and converst them to WinterBoard name files for us =]
    2009-01-10 12:09 AM
    Haha no problem.

And we can only hope so. Right now I'm really liking how Massimo's iPhoneShop extracts all the UIImages and converst them to WinterBoard name files for us =]
    i know i love that too...that was such a great idea on his part...made it so much easier with some things....
    2009-01-10 12:19 AM
    Is there any possible way to make iRealSMS winterboard compatible?

I know version 1 was compatible.. I wonder what made the developer take it out
    It is winterboard compatible. You have to visit armadilos site and make a donation. He will send you a link for the private repo source which includes all the aqwoah themes including the keyboard.
    2009-01-10 04:48 PM
    It is winterboard compatible. You have to visit armadilos site and make a donation. He will send you a link for the private repo source which includes all the aqwoah themes including the keyboard.
    you are mistaken ..irealsms is not winterboard compatible...

for example: what armadillo did was pack his keyboard images into the .artwork files for you to replace the stock apple keyboard....then when you copy his new Keyboard-Common.artwork and Keyboard-Latin.artwork file into System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework your replacing the original .Artwork files for the keyboard.....and as i showed a page or so back i replaced the other.artwork files with the custom images so irealsms is themed...

this process is what we did before winterboard was created....

winterboard does this for us without us having to unpack the .artwork files..what is nice about winterboard is it gives us the option of themeing the whole iphone without actually having to replace the original files....

you are not using winterboard when you replace the keyboard.artwork files
    2009-01-10 06:38 PM
    ^^ Yeah my bad I misread the question haha. Armadillo sent me the artwork files as well. SSH'd em in and the smile on my face was instant!
    2009-01-11 01:55 AM
    I have spent a bit of time getting the Perfect Storm keyboard into .artwork files to share. check them out if your interested. It is EBL's keyboard with a green glow on the winterboard portion and the iRealSMS has the "stock" letter pops. I attached screenies so go ahead and take a look....

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/3071191-post106.html

I just realized that the delete key pressed in landscape using the .artwork portion is not right, I will correct it in a few...

corrected, updated .artwork file.
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-01-11 at 06:33 AM.
    2009-01-11 04:50 AM
    could someone please help me with this?
    2009-01-18 02:52 AM
    The new version of irealsms that just came out (v2.0.7) has added support for winterboard themes. It is working for me as advertised, so this thread is now useless.
    2009-01-18 07:56 AM
    Is there a way to change the springboard icon?

Can I just replace ir_icon.jpg

Ruben
    2009-01-28 06:32 PM
    Is there a way to change the springboard icon?

Can I just replace ir_icon.jpg

Ruben
    Rename the new icon to iRealSMS.png and put it in the icons folder of your theme.
    2009-01-28 06:42 PM
    Yeah just do it as you would with winterboard for any other theme. I attached a basic theme that will change only your irealsms icon to the one shown on the bottom right of the screen shot. I've also got a black background and blue conversation bubble in there if you want to use it. If not then just delete the "Folders" folder inside the "iRealSMSicon.theme" folder.
    Attached Thumbnails How to Theme iRealSMS-img_0001.png  
    Attached Files
    2009-01-28 06:51 PM
    hm There is an icon in application/irealmsms/ir_icon.jpg - is that the one I am looking for or does it get its icons from somewhere else

Ruben
    2009-01-28 08:01 PM
    nearly all apps use the Icon.png for the springboard icon. I'm looking at the folder and ir_icon.jpg appears to be the same image but icons are PNG files, so I don't know for what the app uses that file. Sounds like you aren't taking our advice though so good luck figuring it out on your own.
    2009-01-28 09:43 PM
    ???? I did it exactly what you said. Just asked some further questions about ir_icon.jpg

Ruben
    2009-01-28 10:58 PM
46 123