User Tag List

I just have a quick question about resizing icons for the iphone:

I like the icon set I found and use for my macbook, and would like to use many of those same icons for my iphone. The only problem is that they are 128x128, and I want to scale em down. The issue is (this may be a little hard to explain) that the icons don't have a typical shape.

What I mean is, say that I wanted to use the Nike swoosh as an icon - no background to it or anything, just the swoosh. I already have it as a png file, but when I try to open it in iphoto to resize it, iphoto puts some kinda background on it so that the swoosh is now inside a square instead of being just the swoosh.

I want to be able to use just the swoosh, not have any kind of rectangle or background around it. Is this something that is intrinsic to the picture itself, or an issue that iphoto has with trying to handle png files?

btw - I also tried it on this HP program that came with my printer and it does a similar thing, but adds a different background to the icon.

Thanks in advance.
    2009-01-12 07:41 PM
    You will probably end up extracting the image off the canvas and then inserting it onto a "transparent" canvas, to make it work.
    2009-01-12 07:46 PM