cydia crashing load data. I just open cydia and then it just close right after.
    It was ok last night i did not download or install notthing just wanted to check whats new out there then cydia just closed on me. Some one help

Ps FW 2.2 iphone 2g
    Last edited by relicwqa; 2009-02-01 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    life as a bootlegger
    2009-02-01 12:49 PM
    happened me the same and i went to applications / Cydia.app / sources and delete Touch mania and
    bluetooth project sources then go to var / lib / apt / list , delete the same go to Cydia and done
    2009-02-01 01:38 PM
    thread moved to the correct forum
    2009-02-01 03:08 PM
    happened me the same and i went to applications / Cydia.app / sources and delete Touch mania and
    bluetooth project sources then go to var / lib / apt / list , delete the same go to Cydia and done
    worked great!
    2009-02-01 04:59 PM
    Thank you for the help!!! I was getting a lttle worried... How did you figure this out? I've had said repos installed for a while with no errors???
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...
    2009-02-01 06:06 PM
    Let me start by saying a million thanks!!!!!!!! I do not know how you figured this out but it worked great. I used diskaid to ssh into phone and everything works. I still have a bad url when it starts but IT STARTS !!!!!! Thanks again
    2009-02-01 08:38 PM
    Same problem here as OP. I will try ur technique schnedi and see if Cydia will load without crashing.

How come all of a sudden Cydia is doing this? It worked fine 2 days ago and then all of a sudden it loads and just crashes....?

2009-02-01 09:05 PM
    um...I don't have touchmania, but still have the same problem.
    Here's my sources.cydia crashing load data help-clipboard01.jpg
    2009-02-03 04:05 PM
    Yes same thing for me.
    Yesterday evening when i deleted touch mania source list from the 2 places that people said, cydia was opened again normally. But 2 hours later i couldn't open it anymore, the same problem again.
    And also when i checked the list from iphone browser there was no touch-mania....
    What will we gonna do know
    2009-02-03 04:50 PM
    I had the same problem, and I dont have either of those sources in those directories.

So, I deleted ALL the contents of the var / lib / apt / lists folder (except the "partial" folder).
    Cydia loaded right up and added all the sources back in by itself... problem solved!

Last edited by TheOnlyest; 2009-02-03 at 06:38 PM.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!
    2009-02-03 06:27 PM
    Cheers TheOnlyest,

Tried the DELETE ALL thing and it worked like a charm. Now everything is back to normal; you are the man !!

Many thanks again,

S.
    2009-02-15 09:02 PM
    Yes, this is great. Had the same problem and deleted all the sources and it worked like a charm
    2009-02-16 06:57 AM
    I had the same problem, and I dont have either of those sources in those directories.

So, I deleted ALL the contents of the var / lib / apt / lists folder (except the "partial" folder).
    Cydia loaded right up and added all the sources back in by itself... problem solved!
    Thanks a lot , this worked for me
    2009-02-17 03:02 PM
    im a newb, how can i get to the files to delete them, what do i need to install?
    2009-03-23 07:25 PM
    im a newb, how can i get to the files to delete them, what do i need to install?
    Download CuteFTP, Putty or any program to SSH into the iPhone. Once there, follow the directions below.
    Search with MMI search or Google.com for how to SSH, many guides can be found.

Very easy! Good luck
    Last edited by lilskaterpunk; 2009-03-23 at 08:31 PM.

2009-03-23 08:29 PM
    Ok 1 question, is there a way to tell if i still have ssh on the phoe it was on there, but after all this it may not be
    2009-03-23 08:41 PM
    Ok 1 question, is there a way to tell if i still have ssh on the phoe it was on there, but after all this it may not be
    Load Cydia and search for open SSH or SSH and u will find a few alternatives to install. If u already have a previous SSH installed, then it will say modify. U should download SBsettings and install SSH settings. U can turn it on/off anytime.
    So make sure u have SSH installed through Cydia and then continue on what I posted in the previous post.

Hope this helps

2009-03-24 12:25 AM
    Download CuteFTP, Putty or any program to SSH into the iPhone. Once there, follow the directions below.

Search with MMI search or Google.com for how to SSH, many guides can be found.

Very easy! Good luck
    Ok, How can I use commands through a terminal from a mac?
    I use CyberDuck to SSH into my iPhone and can find and delete files and all.
    But according to this post I need to use Terminal to find out WHAT source to remove:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/3228971-post8.html

So, how do I do this from a Mac?
    2009-03-27 07:15 PM

Thanks matey it did work perfectly for me too i could not figure out how to restore cydia thanks again!!!!The only problem is that you have to reinstall all the apps to eventually delete them again if you no longer want them but wtf at least it works!!! lol
    Last edited by LONEWOLF70it; 2009-04-04 at 04:18 PM.
    2009-04-04 03:34 PM
    I deleted all var / lib / apt / (except folder ) nad cydia works again . I think then you need readd sources
    2009-04-11 11:10 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD