I jailbroke my itouch a little while ago and it just completely died a couple of days ago for no reason. The thing im wondering is if i take it in to best buy and they ship it out to apple, is apple going to be able to see ********** and will i get in trouble for that?

Thanks
    2009-02-04 04:03 PM
    can you restore to a stock firmware?
    2009-02-04 04:22 PM
    No, it's completely black. I tried to reset and restore it but it just stayed dead.
    2009-02-04 08:08 PM
    i guess you just have to hope its really DEAD or else you wont be getting anything.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-02-04 08:15 PM
    ^^ That's what I was thinking.
    2009-02-04 08:16 PM
    Can you put it in DFU mode? I had this happen once and thought for sure the phone was a goner but it eventually started in DFU but it took a very long time holding the home and power keys for the computer to recognize it, like well over a minute.
    2009-02-04 10:54 PM
    And you're sure its not just out of batteries? lol
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-02-04 11:42 PM
    yea i charged it all one night and nothing happened. also, i tried putting it in dfu mode a bunch of times but the screen stayed black. And yea if its dead they might replace it but what if its not and they see **********? do any of you know if they will go looking through my apps?
    2009-02-05 02:06 AM
    they dont even CARE about the apps....the fact that its jailbroken will straight up void any warranty or support your gonna get. period
    2009-02-05 03:08 AM
    ok. and say my battery died and they can't see its jailbroken until they replace the battery, will they just send it back as it is?
    2009-02-05 05:18 AM
    not likely. if they get it running and see whats on it you wont be getting it back without either a price and thats if you get it back at all. they will have to turn it on to test the battery
    2009-02-05 05:35 AM
    Got ya. Do you think best buy ships their products to apple though because i got mine at best buy
    2009-02-05 05:46 AM
    ^As with ANY product they sell....it would go back to the manufacturer for warranty work.
    2009-02-05 05:50 AM
    ^^^^with microsoft products that only applies to retail licensed products best buy counts. hahahahaha
    2009-02-05 05:56 AM
    ^Fair enough

Ok, yes....iphones go back to Apple. Apple does not allow anyone to work on them but Apple.
    2009-02-05 06:00 AM
    thanks
    2009-02-06 12:58 AM
    they dont even CARE about the apps....the fact that its jailbroken will straight up void any warranty or support your gonna get. period
    I believe what he is asking is as follows: "I have a bunch of pirated apps. If Apple gets it working, they will see that I have a bunch of pirated apps. This is not only against policy it is illegal. Will I get arrested?"

And an answer... my feeling is they could care less about one guy with a handful of pirated apps. You are probably not worth their time to pursue legally. Could they? Yes, but I REALLY doubt they will. Worst case if they get it running is they will just tell you that you are SOL for voiding the warranty.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2009-02-06 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD