hey guys,

alright, I ive been doing a lot of reading and youtube movie watching on how to install a new theme on my iPhone 2.2.0. But I still dont have my answer.

Now the theme I want is iGlassSol...but it is no longer available on Cydia to download....so I downloaded it as a .zip file. I have extracted the contents of it and saved it on my desktop.

I am using Cyberduck to transfer the folder by SSH onto my iPhone. and yes I already downloaded OpenSSH and Automatic SSH from Cydia. So I have all of this working so far.

Now my problem comes here....where the hell do I put this folder???
    I have been reading that I need to put it in /Library/Themes. So thats what I did...Then I went into Winterboard, clicked on the theme, restarted my iphone and NOTHING CHANGED.

and another thing I was reading was saying to place the folder in /private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes ....but I dont have the SummerBoard directory on my iphone...

If anyone knows how to help me, please do!!! lol
    Thanks sooo much!
    2009-02-12 04:32 PM
    Make sure the theme you wish to use is moved to the top of the list in winterboard and checked, then make sure no other theme is checked.
    I install all my themes to Library/Themes... everything works - every time

edit: you do have winterboard installed, right?
    2009-02-12 04:41 PM
    hey,

ya ya I have winterboard installed....
    I only have the iGlassSol checked in the winterboard menu but it still is not doing anything...

Make sure the theme you wish to use is moved to the top of the list in winterboard and checked, then make sure no other theme is checked.
    I install all my themes to Library/Themes... everything works - every time

edit: you do have winterboard installed, right?
    2009-02-13 02:55 AM
    did you check in the iglasssol.. folder on your desktop and see if there are multiple themes in the folder

alot of themes come with different versions and when you download them and try to install them it can mess things up if theres multiple themes in the folder
    2009-02-13 04:06 AM
    I just checked, it doesnt look like there are other themes in the sub-folders.... there are a ton of folders than contain all the .png files for the theme. but thats it...

did you check in the iglasssol.. folder on your desktop and see if there are multiple themes in the folder

alot of themes come with different versions and when you download them and try to install them it can mess things up if theres multiple themes in the folder
    2009-02-13 05:58 AM
    can you show us where you downloaded the theme from or upload the zip so we can see if its an issue with the theme or an issue with your phone?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-02-13 06:00 AM
    I downloaded my iGlassSol theme from here:
    iGlassSol | TheSkinDrop

can you show us where you downloaded the theme from or upload the zip so we can see if its an issue with the theme or an issue with your phone?
    2009-02-13 03:24 PM
    thats not a theme at all there are like 100 folders and 3 icons in the entire theme

no wonder it wasnt working

youll have to find a different download
    2009-02-15 10:49 PM
    haha, Yeah that download was a big mess. Have you tried searching in Cydia? It's there
    2009-02-15 10:55 PM
    here just uploaded this one

still need to rename icons

Apple & iPhone 3G Forums | ModMyi.com - Downloads - iGlasssol
    2009-02-15 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD