Thats right folks you can create your own ringtones using your own mp3's in itunes now... before you could only create them if you bought a song from the app store...

Interested? This is how you do it... it is really easy to do!

Apple added iPhone ringtones to iTunes late last year, but only if you purchased them. After struggling against users for some time, Apple finally started allowing non-DRM'd ringtones in iTunes. This decision spawned quite a few solutions for creating ringtones from songs that you already have. One of the lesser known methods is using iTunes itself.
    The method is a bit tedious the first time through, but CNET's Bryan Thomas has come to the rescue with this nice step-by-step video.

There are a few things to remember when creating ringtones in this way. First of all, any tracks that you bought from iTunes with DRM on them will not work. If you purchased iTunes plus songs, then you should be fine. Additionally, if your ringtone is more than 40 seconds long, iTunes won't accept it.

Go to the website below and watch the movie Bryan Thomas show a nice step-by-step video in how to make them....

Create Free iPhone Ringtones Using Only iTunes | iPhone Alley
    2009-02-14 06:41 AM
    LOL...no offense, but I think everyone already knows how to do that. I've known since like November...
    2009-02-14 04:40 PM
    LOL...no offense, but I think everyone already knows how to do that. I've known since like November...
    Not everyone may know this.... this thread was started for new people that are not aware of it.... just because you know it there may be others that don't, this forum is to help others, its not just to stop by and hang out........ but thanks for letting me know that you knew this....
    2009-02-14 04:50 PM
    Not everyone may know this.... this thread was started for new people that are not aware of it.... just because you know it there may be others that don't, this forum is to help others, its not just to stop by and hang out........ but thanks for letting me know that you knew this....
    not to rain on your parade or anything but i had already posted a Huge jailbreak/SSH/custom SMS/Ringtone guide its in my sig :P
    2009-02-16 04:47 PM
    not to rain on your parade or anything but i had already posted a Huge jailbreak/SSH/custom SMS/Ringtone guide its in my sig :P
    Thats great and you did a great job as well.... and thank you for sharing.... if I could have found your thread or your sig then things might have been different....

This thread includes a link so people can view a video to learn how to do it.... the person in the video felt it was important to make it so people could see how to do it.... many people learn best by viewing than reading.
    2009-02-16 05:16 PM
    You can also use full songs as ringtones/alarms.

Obviously as a ringtone the full song won't play but a full song is good for use as alarm instead of hearing the ~30sec repeat.

Just drop the full song.m4r into /System/library/ringtones/

While in there you can also delete any stock ringtones you have no use for.
    2009-02-16 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD