I'm very confused. I've done this SO many times but it is not working with a brand new iphone 3g just jailbroken today.

I'm trying to change /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle/Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png and they refuse to change! they remain the original logos. I even tried the WinterBoard route by adding New Logo/Bundles/com.apple.ATT_US/ and adding the 2 .png files and the logos just refuse to change

The phone is at 2.2.1 firmware. Everything else works great. I've changed the red badge, I've added random images for icons, etc. Everything works BUT the carrier logo. Am I missing something? Please advise. Thanks
    2009-02-18 03:36 AM
    oddly i have a feeling that this has somthing to do with the carrier update recently

we cant fix yet...at least we havent inspected it yet
    2009-02-18 04:19 AM
    That makes sense. I never did the carrier update with my other phone and that one has no problem. I'll wait for a solution. Thanks!
    2009-02-18 04:27 AM
    This isn't true. I changed my carrier logo with the winterboard method right after doing the carrier update and it worked for me
    2009-02-18 06:49 PM
    well. not sure what it is but it definitely doesn't work for mine
    2009-02-18 06:56 PM
    It was the same for me I tried everything and I could never get it then I tried the winterboard method one more time.
    First I made a folder in library/themes and named it At&T logos.
    In the folder I made another folder called Bundles and in bundles I made a folder called com.apple.ATT_US
    Now I went to cooltext.com and make a logo there. (THis is a very nice site for logos) once you are happy with your logo save it then open photoshop (you have to have photoshop) and go to open. Find the logo and open it. Now go to image then image size and make the height:20 and Width can be anything from 50 to a 100 depending how long you want it I made mine 70. Now that you are done save it to where you can find it and name it FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png make sure the format is png! If you are not AT&T then I don't know what you put. Now I want you to open photoshop again and repeat the same process but this time when you save it make the name Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and save it to where you can find it. Now I want you to go back to the folder we made in cyberduck or that winscp (whatever you use) and place the 2 pictures in the com.apple.ATT_US file. Go to your iphone open winterboard apply the theme and there you go.
    That is how I did it. Any questions?
    2009-02-18 07:41 PM
    no. no questions. Thanks for your explanation. i already have 2 .png files that i use for my phone and was trying put the same files on another iphone and just not working. i created the same path as you did for WinterBoard use and no go. Thanks again
    2009-02-18 07:43 PM
    Oh well sorry I couldn't help. I feel your pain though it took me so long to be able to change my carrier logo! The same thing happened for me as it is happening to you. Then I kinda sanpped and deleted every sinlge carrier logo on my iphone in that one section that has them all in through SSH and nothing happened so I was all good.
    :P
    But when I did it I used this website and it finally worked for some reason!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hack that Phone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard - Section 5: Changing carrier logos
    I downd loaded the att carrier logo from here
    http://www.hackthatphone.com/downloads/ATTlogos.zip
    Then after I did this it magically started to work
    =O
    O=
    Maybe you should try it
    2009-02-18 07:51 PM
    way to copy my post.... thats ok idc
    2009-02-18 08:05 PM
    Sorry you really helped me just trying to pass on the knowledge

Btw H.I.M. rocks
    2009-02-18 08:11 PM