User Tag List

great theme!! i have a question is there any way to have the six day weather on the lockscreen, but still have the time with the carbon background on the springboard? ill try and help with icons as well.
    2009-02-25 10:25 AM
    I bneleive I gave seen some six day lockscreen themes out there. So if you like using that then all you would have to do is make sure it's enabled ontop of ininja in winterboard I jhope that helps
    2009-02-25 05:14 PM
    well for those who DONT know here is how you do it

ssh or whatever and go into rootuserapplicationsrandomcrapappname.app

grab and save the info.plist in that

then open it. im including a windows plist editor too. look for the key CFBundleDisplayName and the string for it is what you name the png.

thats how i do it. one of these days ill make a giant list of what to name some of the most common icons.
    I could be wrong, but i believe that saurik added support for display names as well. In other words u could just see what the name of the app is on the spring board and name the png that way as well. For example the weather channel app shows as "TWC" on the SB so u could just name the icon "TWC.png"
    2009-02-25 06:45 PM
    the problem isnt not knowing how to name icons.. the problem is there is thousands of programs out there, and the developer doesnt have all of them.. i have maybe 6 apps installed.. so if they arnt installed on my phone i have no way of knowing what they are named (unless its published somehwere) So when you guys request them, if you could include also the name of the file (ie the name the comes up on the springboard )
    2009-02-25 07:28 PM
    great theme guys! thanks for the hard work!
    2009-02-25 08:09 PM
    Great Theme!!!! Can u pls make these icons:

AOL Radio
    iWant
    Koi Pond
    LockBox
    Sol Free
    Cameraman
    PuzzloopFree

Thanks in advance!!!!
    I'll try every theme at least once!!!!
    2009-02-25 09:04 PM
    I could be wrong, but i believe that saurik added support for display names as well. In other words u could just see what the name of the app is on the spring board and name the png that way as well. For example the weather channel app shows as "TWC" on the SB so u could just name the icon "TWC.png"
    thats correct for the most part. like i said it works MOST of the time. the tutorial was for people who didnt know how to find out. also many users, including myself, disable names on the springboard so i never get to see what to name it. maybe my way is more complicated but its how i do it so i thought id share. if you prefer a different way then thats cool too.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-02-25 09:05 PM
    no its not cool. ur way sucks. wheras my way is the best.

I am awsome.

lol, ok obviously im joking.

btw, i was wondering if u guys would ever further mod the mobilephone.app png's. uv done a few of them, but there r a lot more. This is one of those apps that i keep having to search for each image for a while before i can find it.

i found another typo (at least it was in the first version u may have already corrected this)
    UIalertSheetDefaultBackground should have a capital A

The reason i found this tho was i was trying to figure out what it does. i don't think u guys modded this file tho, so u might not know, but if u do can u fill me in
    Last edited by leram84; 2009-02-25 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-25 10:26 PM
    ^^^actually were working on an update for the entire mobilephone app. way ahead of ya! but thanks for the feedback. ill take a look at what that file does.....once im home...which is like never. im always freakin working or something
    Last edited by cricketlang; 2009-02-25 at 11:10 PM.
    2009-02-25 10:39 PM
    Sorry forgot to add these needed icons also:

Drinks
    Flixster
    Lose it!
    SportsTap
    TicTacFree
    Tip
    WebMD
    Big Bang
    AroundMe
    StatusNotifier

Thanks again!
    I'll try every theme at least once!!!!
    2009-02-25 10:57 PM
    for status notifier rename the reminder icon to StatusNotifier.png in the package there is also a scale looking icon for lose it. i think its named "lose it or weight bot.png" or something like that
    2009-02-25 11:09 PM
    I love this theme. I use my own springboard theme and clear lock screen called wallpaper showoff. It has invisible icons and show whatever your wallpaper is. But i love using the full UI of this theme for everything else
    2009-02-25 11:47 PM
    why is there a folder called "com.apple.mobilephone.settings" and another called "com.apple.mobilestoresettings" is this a typo, or is this correct? The reason i ask is im having trouble mapping the prefernces. The Folder structure is:

PreferenceBundles
    AccountSettings
    ContactsSettings.bundle
    DataAccessSettings.bundle
    MobileCalSettings.bundle
    MobileMailSettings.bundle
    AccountSettings.bundle
    AirportSettings.bundle
    BluetoothSettings.bundle
    CarrierSettings.bundle
    ManagedConfigurationUI.bundle
    MobilePhoneSettings.bundle
    MobileSafariSettings.bundle
    MobileSlideShowSettings.bundle
    MobileStoreSettings.bundle
    MusicSettings.bundle
    ScheduleSettings.bundle
    VPNPreferences.bundle
    VideoSettings.bundle
    Wallpaper.bundle
    iPodSettings.bundle

I would understand if they had different name structures (one with a period before settings and one without) if they were on different levels, but they are both in the same structure (in the same root folder). To clarify this could u guys give me the correct way to theme all of these folders in the "Bundles" folder. I don't want to put it in the "Folders" folder as i have previously stated why.

So basically what i am asking is inside the bundles folder, what name can i give the "ContactsSettings.bundle" folder, and what name can i give the "AccountSettings. bundles" folder. Assuming that all the folders following will be formatted the same.

I hope this made sense.

Damn it my format didn't hold. Here, one dash means one tab and two means....... you get the point

PreferenceBundles
    - AccountSettings
    -- ContactsSettings.bundle
    -- DataAccessSettings.bundle
    -- MobileCalSettings.bundle
    -- MobileMailSettings.bundle
    - AccountSettings.bundle
    - AirportSettings.bundle
    - BluetoothSettings.bundle
    - CarrierSettings.bundle
    - ManagedConfigurationUI.bundle
    - MobilePhoneSettings.bundle
    - MobileSafariSettings.bundle
    - MobileSlideShowSettings.bundle
    - MobileStoreSettings.bundle
    - MusicSettings.bundle
    - ScheduleSettings.bundle
    - VPNPreferences.bundle
    - VideoSettings.bundle
    - Wallpaper.bundle
    - iPodSettings.bundle
    Last edited by leram84; 2009-02-26 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-26 01:23 AM
    this barely makes sense. if your asking about why the folder structure is the way it is.....its just the way apple did it. i cant really look at what your asking about now but the folders are the way they are
    2009-02-26 01:25 AM
    No im not asking about how apple structures them. (i already know that what apple does makes no sense, lol) What i want to know is how to put those folders in winterboard.

I should have clarified. The first question i asked, i was referring to ur theme. Inside ininja in the bundles folder there is a folder called "com.apple.mobilephone.settings" and another called "com.apple.mobilestoresettings". If u look at the root map i have put up, u will see that (i think) they should both be in the same format (either with the period before "settings" or with no period. but not one with a period and one without. At least thats what i thought, but if ur saying it works, then i don't know how to title the rest of the folders i put up because then i couldn't rely on all folders from "AccountSettings.bundle" down to "iPodSettings.bundle" to have the same title format.

So for example If i wanted to theme the iPodSettings.bundle folder which has one icon in it (icon.png). Would i put icon.png in com.apple.iPodSettings or would i put it in com.apple.ipod.settings or would there be another name that im not even aware of.
    2009-02-26 01:56 AM
    you have to have that one single icon in there because that icon is for that little one thats in the settings on your phone...so try this...backup that folder real quick (com.apple.ipodsettings) and then delete it off the theme and respring your phone. now go into settings...you will notice that the icon for ipod settings is that ugly one. now put it back now that you can see what its for.

as far as the mobilephone.settings and mobilestoresettings being the same...one is mobile phone....the other is itunes store. they arent the same so im confused on what you are asking.

pretty much what it all comes down to is apples way of organizing the images. the mobilemusicplayer.app is for only music player images...the other folder with only one icon in it is for settings of the app. stupid but its how it was done.

does this make sense?
    2009-02-26 02:09 AM
    arggg. haha.. ok, let me try this again. I know how apple structures there folders, and i know what the images are for. If u remember earlier i said that it might be a good idea to use the "Folders" folder for all app skins, telephonyui, springboard.app, etc. And then use the "Bundles" folder for all those settings icons because those make up like 10 folders each with only one "icon.png" inside of them, and it would make it easier if u separated all those folders from the major app skins.

Well that is what i am trying to do. lol, this is probably getting to complicated. I guess the simpleist way i can explain is if i want to put all those folders (each with one icon.png inside of them) into a bundles folder in a theme. What would i name each of those folders (the ones i posted above)?
    2009-02-26 02:46 AM
    you CANT. thats what im trying to tell you. it HAS to be the way it is or it wont work. period. as lame as it is it will NOT work to just put them all together. although its a large complication its just the way that it works. you cant just make one folder for all of them. its not how winterboard works. sorry
    2009-02-26 02:50 AM
    Im going through ur bundles folder and its just not making sense to me. For example u have a folder called "com.apple.mobileipod.settings" and inside that folder u have an icon (icon.png) and u have "showchapters.png". What does "showchapters.png" do?? In the iphone if u go to System>Library>PreferenceBundles>iPodSettings.bund le there is only one png in there (icon.png). so where r u getting this "showchapters.png" from??

ur not understanding me. Im not saying put all the pngs into one folder, im saying put all the FOLDERS into the bundles folder which is what u have to do. i just don't know what the names of those folders should be. But don't worry about it if this still doesn't make sense. it is just hard to explain on paper.
    Last edited by leram84; 2009-02-26 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-26 02:59 AM
    hahaha the show chapters is for when your reading an ebook or whatever they are called. we thought this was the nowplayingtrackview button or whatever. that one is mostly a mistake. but the show chapters button isnt in the app folder on your phone...its in the framework...so it has to be in a bundle folder instead. once again its an apple thing

system\library\frameworks or privateframeworks\mobilemediaplayer.framework (or something like that)
    2009-02-26 02:59 AM
989 ... 91011121321 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD