It might be doable, but it would look odd because the date would be at the very top of the dock.
    I was thinking that but I wanted someone to confirm, which you did. Thank you!
    2009-04-26 08:50 AM
    for my freinds touch the file where ur supposed to put the fonts in (var/stash/fonts)isnt there so where do the go???
    "/var/stash/Fonts" will only exist if you've moved the fonts folder to make more room on the root partition. The root partition is incredible small, so most people move the fonts to the media partition, freeing up around 100mb on the root partition. Your friend needs to put the fonts in their original location, which is "/System/Library/Fonts".

I was thinking that but I wanted someone to confirm, which you did. Thank you!
    I you want, I can give it a shot and try making a dock with the calendar in it. What order of icons would you want for it?
    Last edited by lightmaster; 2009-04-26 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

2009-04-26 09:08 AM
    can someone make me a dock with the phone icon in the middle and from left to right: ipod, mail, phone, text, safari?

THANKS!
    2009-04-26 09:27 PM
    can someone make me a dock with the phone icon in the middle and from left to right: ipod, mail, phone, text, safari?

THANKS!
    Here you go. Don't forget to rename it to "SBDockBG.png"
    Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] iNinja (not a theme on ninja's)-sbdockbg7.png  
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

2009-04-26 10:48 PM
    You just have to create an action file and a droplet, you can then do it in hours as opposed to weeks. It's actually not that hard once you figure out how to write the action file.

Try looking up Action file and droplet, then you can just drag a folder to the droplet and it will change the Hue on every image file in the folder.
    Wow thanks! So this is something that I have to do in Photoshop? Which version should I get? Sorry but I am a newbie.....although I do catch on pretty quick!

Here you go. Don't forget to rename it to "SBDockBG.png"
    Thanks for the dock but I don't see it? Where do I get it from?
    Last edited by stownson5; 2009-04-27 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-27 01:04 AM
    ill have that done for you as soon as i get home tonight. no worries. i just cant ssh into my phone while at work.
    Hey, just wondering if you were able to find out what I should do to be able to use the iNinja carrier logo with my carrier. If you forgot, my carrier is Fido from Canada. Thanks!
    2009-04-27 06:08 AM
    Can anyone tell me that would be the best photoshop version to use so I can change all of the colors from blue to pink? Or would this be too time consuming? Isn't this how the green version was created? I found a bright pink color that I want and was wondering if this is something that an amateur could do?

THANKS
    Sarah

What I did was add a hue/saturation layer to the images to make them green. I made a batch action so that all the images in a certain folder would turn green, which saves time HEAPS. It's not that hard to learn how to do it, all you need to do is make a simple action and batch process it.

The only thing with this is that you may not be able to use your 'bright pink' because you can't always get that perfect color using a hue/saturation layer. iGirly might not be the really bright pink like you want simply because you can't make it that bright pink with a hue/saturation layer. Try and make a hue/saturation layer to one of the blue icons or something to see if you can get the color you want.

On photoshop go on the layers tab on the menu then go 'New adjustment layer' and click on 'hue/saturation.' This will make a hue/saturation layer on top of the image and all you have to do is move the hue slider and the color will change. Try and get it to the color you want and then I'll help you through making an action and batch processing. If you can't get any better than iGirly then I guess your going to be stuck with that color(which looks pretty good to me anyway lol)

Hey, just wondering if you were able to find out what I should do to be able to use the iNinja carrier logo with my carrier. If you forgot, my carrier is Fido from Canada. Thanks!
    All you have to do is make a new folder in the 'Folders' folder called 'Fido_ca.bundle'. Simply copy and paste the ininja images from 'ATT_US.bundle' and thats it. Respring and your carrier images will say ininja.

I had to work out the names of the carriers so I could change it to say my name in the ininja font lol. If you want it to say something other than iNinja let me know and I might be able to make you something.
    Last edited by devize; 2009-04-27 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-27 12:07 PM
    Do I also have to rename the images to 'Default_CARRIER_fido.png' & 'FSO_CARRIER_fido.png'?

EDIT: Well, I just tried exactly what you suggested by creating a 'Fido_ca.bundle' folder in the 'Folders' folder and copying and pasting the images from the 'ATT_US.bundle' folder and nothing happens. It still says 'Fido' as my carrier. I also tried renaming the images to 'Default_CARRIER_fido.png' and 'FSO_CARRIER_fido.png' but nothing happens as well. I even tried renaming the folder to 'Fido_CA.bundle' 'fido_ca.bundle' and 'fido_CA.bundle' but those didn't work either.
    Last edited by Flava0ne; 2009-04-27 at 05:13 PM.
    2009-04-27 03:14 PM
    I would LOVE a pink or purple version of this!!! Can anyone make this for me please please please!
    I'm working on a pink version of iNinja. I'll try to have it completed by this afternoon or early tomorrow morning.

How is this for the color?

2009-04-28 12:20 AM
    well I was leaning more towards a hot bright pink color that I found in photoshop. The hue # was +128 and the saturation # was 50 I think. That's the color I have been trying to work on myself. It's taking me a while since I am new. I also tested out a bright yellow and it looked awesome with the black.

Ok something weird just happened! I have a message accross my lockscreen that says:

"This doesn't really do anything yet, but it/did/ get loaded off the server ;P. (Awesome, huh?)"

What is this? I don't want this message.....can someone tell me how to get rid of it?
    Last edited by stownson5; 2009-04-28 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-28 05:32 AM
    Ok something weird just happened! I have a message accross my lockscreen that says:

"This doesn't really do anything yet, but it/did/ get loaded off the server ;P. (Awesome, huh?)"

What is this? I don't want this message.....can someone tell me how to get rid of it?
    Open up Winterboard and turn off the theme "Server Lockscreen", at least I think that's what its called. You must have turned on that theme by mistake.

2009-04-28 05:51 AM
    Hey lightmaster.....the folder layer you asked about is in the theme somewhere but can't remember right now since I'm on my phone. If u can't find it let me know and I'll send it to your email tomorrow. I'm also working on a hot pink look for my girlfriend but it's taking me awhile to get it right. I'll post some screen shots later once I get more done. Also, if anyone uses mboxmail let me know since ihave skinned that over also and send send it to you if u want it.
    2009-04-28 06:09 AM
    Hey lightmaster.....the folder layer you asked about is in the theme somewhere but can't remember right now since I'm on my phone. If u can't find it let me know and I'll send it to your email tomorrow. I'm also working on a hot pink look for my girlfriend but it's taking me awhile to get it right. I'll post some screen shots later once I get more done. Also, if anyone uses mboxmail let me know since ihave skinned that over also and send send it to you if u want it.
    I actually just finished a hot pink version of iNinja. I basically just changed all of the blue to be hot pink. I have an iTouch, not an iPhone, so I can't take screenshots of the phone app. Here are some screenshots, though:

Who should I send the theme to get it upload to the website?

EDIT: I just noticed that the time didn't get changed from blue to hot pink. I'm working on that right now.

Does anyone know where in the theme the images for the status bar time are stored at?
    Last edited by lightmaster; 2009-04-28 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2009-04-28 06:40 AM
    I actually just finished a hot pink version of iNinja. I basically just changed all of the blue to be hot pink. I have an iTouch, not an iPhone, so I can't take screenshots of the phone app. Here are some screenshots, though:

Who should I send the theme to get it upload to the website?

EDIT: I just noticed that the time didn't get changed from blue to hot pink. I'm working on that right now.

Does anyone know where in the theme the images for the status bar time are stored at?
    here, root of the theme folder, hot pink it is...
    Attached Files
    2009-04-28 06:59 AM
    Hey guys. All submitted icon request have been completed. Check for theme in this weeks release. Keep the request coming to [email protected] Thanks
    2009-04-28 06:09 PM
    Well, if no one can help me with installing the iNinja carrier logo for my carrier then that's okay.

But can someone please help me change the keyboard keys when they're pressed. I don't really like the default 'glow' when you press a key on the keyboard. Can someone please tell me what I should do to change the keys when they're pressed to show the letter or number that I'm pressing?
    2009-04-28 10:35 PM
    Well, if no one can help me with installing the iNinja carrier logo for my carrier then that's okay.

But can someone please help me change the keyboard keys when they're pressed. I don't really like the default 'glow' when you press a key on the keyboard. Can someone please tell me what I should do to change the keys when they're pressed to show the letter or number that I'm pressing?
    First the carrier issue. I went right into the stock iphone carrier bundles and the folder and file names for Fido are as follows...

Folder : Fido_ca.bundle

File : FSO_CARRIER_fido.png
    Default_CARRIER_fido.png

Thats exactly how they are in the stock theme so I'm sure why they aren't working. Once you were done creating and coping the files, did you turn INinja off and back on to force a resping? If not try that. If so, then I dunno.

The keyboard thing will be alittle harder and I have no idea how to do that.

EDIT: I downloaded an extra carrier image for rogers and that is showing up as Rogers_can.bundle rather that _ca. Maybe you can try that and see if that works also.
    Last edited by tskinner2002; 2009-04-29 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-29 12:36 AM
    I'm not exactly sure which files do what part of the keyboard, but the files that make up the keyboard are located at "./iNinja (theme)/UIImages/". All of the files within that folder make up the keyboard. Take a look at those files and you can delete the ones that you don't want. I just deleted all of them because I prefer the original keyboard.

@tskinner2002... For my iTouch, I have the set the carrier to say iTouch. How would I go about creating an image for it, what do I need to title that image file, and where do I put that image file?

2009-04-29 01:01 AM
    First the carrier issue. I went right into the stock iphone carrier bundles and the folder and file names for Fido are as follows...

Folder : Fido_ca.bundle

File : FSO_CARRIER_fido.png
    Default_CARRIER_fido.png

Thats exactly how they are in the stock theme so I'm sure why they aren't working. Once you were done creating and coping the files, did you turn INinja off and back on to force a resping? If not try that. If so, then I dunno.

The keyboard thing will be alittle harder and I have no idea how to do that.

EDIT: I downloaded an extra carrier image for rogers and that is showing up as Rogers_can.bundle rather that _ca. Maybe you can try that and see if that works also.
    Thanks for trying to help me out. But I've tried those things and none of them works. Also, when I enable the iNinja theme in Winterboard, it changes the font of my carrier, Fido, into the same font that iNinja uses. So I don't think that the iPhone uses a .png image to associate it with the carrier logo. I am however able to fix this issue by using the MakeItMine app from Cydia and change the carrier to say iNinja. Only problem is, that it isn't colored in blue like how it's supposed to be with the full theme, and sometimes it's black when it's supposed to be white when you view some pages.

As for the keyboard thing, it doesn't really matter that much anymore. But thanks anyways for trying to help me out. If someone figures out a way for me to use the .png images from the iNinja theme for my carrier then I would really appreciate it very much!

I'm not exactly sure which files do what part of the keyboard, but the files that make up the keyboard are located at "./iNinja (theme)/UIImages/". All of the files within that folder make up the keyboard. Take a look at those files and you can delete the ones that you don't want. I just deleted all of them because I prefer the original keyboard.
    Yeah, I tried replacing the images that pops up when you hit a key on the keyboard to blue versions of the original ones. But when you hit a key, the pop up comes up blank, not indicating what letter you just pressed. It's probably set to transparent in some file of the theme, but I don't know where it would be. Please let me know if you find out where it is.
    Last edited by Flava0ne; 2009-04-29 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-29 02:08 AM
    Yeah, I tried replacing the images that pops up when you hit a key on the keyboard to blue versions of the original ones. But when you hit a key, the pop up comes up blank, not indicating what letter you just pressed. It's probably set to transparent in some file of the theme, but I don't know where it would be. Please let me know if you find out where it is.
    It has to be one of those kb- files because I deleted all of them and my keyboard looks just like the original and I haven't had any problems with it.

2009-04-29 02:12 AM
989 ... 324041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD