^^^^that would be dangerous. winterboard uses mobile substrate which allows safe mode in a worst case scenario. this prevents SWOD and all other deadly restore needing problems. ill take a slight bit of lag to keep my phone safe. and who cares what the themes structure looks like...it works doesnt it? just drag and drop it. done
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-02-24 12:03 AM
    i figured as much, but i still can't find it. could it be MovieTransportBackground-long.png? cause there is also a MovieTransportBackground.png but i don't know teh difference. Also what about the end call background?

if u were talking to me about the theme structure, i disagree. This is actually one of the things that i appreciate soo much about ur theme, is how clean it is. Almost every other theme i have seen is a mess inside, and it makes it impossible to see whats what. Breaking down large themes like urs is how most people learn what goes were and with what names. This is a valuable resource.
    Last edited by leram84; 2009-02-24 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-24 12:09 AM
    thank you very much.. thats what this was for.. we figured, no one has really done it.. so lets do it
    2009-02-24 12:19 AM
    can u guys get on the Vista Perfection band wagon next?? That theme could use some serious upgrades.
    2009-02-24 12:24 AM
    arent people already doing manual winterboardless themes? Or did i miss understand?

Well i finally got it downloaded and installed! its sick! and after playing with it for about 30 minutes i couldnt find any bugs in it. I love the keyboard and the text background! Safari looks pretty sweet as well. My only complaint is the status bar on the lock screen. The shining coming down in the background puts a "glare" on the icons in the status bar. but is my only complaint which i can fix by editing the backgroung picture.
    2009-02-24 12:28 AM
    this is fixed with the new release im working on getting rid of the transparent statusbar for the lock screen

and also im talking about being able to go to cydia and install the theme with out the aid of winterboard (ie it overwrites all your stock files) but also creates a back up so when you want to uninstall you can. ( this would eleminate the winterboard lag everyone hates )
    Last edited by subywrex; 2009-02-24 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-24 12:38 AM
    Alright cool.

Is there any way to do this install with just ssh?
    2009-02-24 12:41 AM
    this is fixed with the new release im working on getting rid of the transparent statusbar for the lock screen

and also im talking about being able to go to cydia and install the theme with out the aid of winterboard (ie it overwrites all your stock files) but also creates a back up so when you want to uninstall you can. ( this would eleminate the winterboard lag everyone hates )
    Where are those backups stored?
    2009-02-24 01:01 AM
    i think the theme structure is messy. yes we did a good job because i know the structure well but it would be alot better if apple kept ALL images for apps in one folder. but they have app images AND framework images so you have to create totally different folders for them

as far as this theme being a roadmap....it sure is and i meant it to be that. when suby and i "sat" down with this we knew we wanted to theme EVERYTHING. a roadmap and learning experience was one of the intentions of this.

can u guys get on the Vista Perfection band wagon next?? That theme could use some serious upgrades.
    A vista theme was actually the first theme i ever created for customize. that was a while ago. kinda funny

Suby....do not attempt an overwrite. just use winterboard. its safer. i promise. you CAN create some HELLA scripts to do all of what you want but i dont support it at all. its not a good idea. a good looking phone comes at a menial price
    Last edited by cricketlang; 2009-02-24 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-24 01:05 AM
    not planing on it.. but i think it would be pretty cool.. if yout hink about it some of the programs out there overwrite your stock files and just create a back up.. this is nothing im working on right now.. but it would deff be cool. imo anyway..lol just got done making all new uisounds
    2009-02-24 01:21 AM
    sweet. i look forward to the new stuff. i need to at least get like gimp or something on my laptop so i can start doing stuff here. i need to theme freaking pro rss. i use it way too much to have it not match the rest. we also still need to figure out that carrier icon thing for tmobile users
    2009-02-24 01:28 AM
    lol i just named it rss.png.. cause there are to many rss programs out there look in yoru icon folder foo
    2009-02-24 01:30 AM
    Hey guys are we still on for an update for today?
    2009-02-24 01:41 AM
    yeah just waiting for an email back from cricket.. unfortunatly i had some stuff come up and wasnt able to do much, so i wont be updating any icons today.. I promis i will get to them tomorrow for sure bright and early with icon updates i will only be uploading the new icons (to save time on uploading this beast everytime) lol..

Once i get this updated i suggest everyone downloading and sshing it over to your phone, as there are some major keyboard fixes.

also because my lady has an iphone as well. i will most likely end up making a girly pink vs of this theme..lol got to keep the ladies satisfied
    Last edited by subywrex; 2009-02-24 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-24 01:48 AM
    oh nice.. you go to the suby meets in turlock at all?
    Ive seen them at in n out, but never attended really. You know Rob with the white 07 WrX? I think hes always over there..
    2009-02-24 01:51 AM
    yeah know him pretty good.. lol if you know him you must be into street racin.. lol
    2009-02-24 01:52 AM
    awesome thanks suby Tomorrow will be great.....
    2009-02-24 01:53 AM
    lol i just named it rss.png.. cause there are to many rss programs out there look in yoru icon folder foo
    oh i know. my icon matches fine. are you kidding? do you think i would miss that? im talking about the actual app files man. what email are you waiting for? i wont be off work for another 4 hours. plus my iphone data plan is shot. ive gotta try to get a dumb rep to give it back to me
    2009-02-24 02:05 AM
    lol thought i sent to your work email. ill forword to that

package up the pro rss files and send them to me and ill get those done and included in the theme
    Last edited by subywrex; 2009-02-24 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-24 02:12 AM
    i sent you an email with the info. sorry to make you guys wait. we like to keep updates organized and complete...making sure we check off everything and move on to the next update nice and smooth. hope it doesnt bother you guys too much
    2009-02-24 02:19 AM
989 ... 3456715 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD