Hi,

I am about to jailbreak my itouch using QuickPwn, however I read that I need to install an older version of debug software: "Download the disk image “IOUSBFamily Log release for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33” (yes, that is a “5” in 10.5.5 - this is a developer debug package of the USB kernel extension)."

Is this safe to do? On the apple developer page for it, it has a notice that says the system may go into kernel panic on startup if you use an incorrect version.

Thanks.
    2009-02-23 11:01 PM
    They try to scare you out of it. Download the automator program for it it's much easier. I have DFU working on my Leo 10.5.6
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-02-25 02:03 AM
    the usb family one works very well but you must install the newest one after done with dfu mode work

the applescript one is more dangerous because it is not easy to undo
    2009-02-25 03:54 AM
    If you run the apple script one it will save the backup kexts on to your desktop, and you can just replace the others with those if anything ever goes wrong.
    2009-02-27 02:29 AM
    Worked great for me.
    2009-02-27 03:44 AM
    i just used the one that you^^^ posted when pwnage came out
    2009-02-27 03:51 AM
    Worked fine for me too.
    2009-02-27 04:34 AM
    I just tried this last night. I started freaking out because my iMac did not want to start up after the install. I unplugged all my USB devices and then everything started up fine except now my card reader causes the computer to crash if I plug it in. While this is not life threatening, I would like to revert everything back to the way it was. Is there an easy way to do this?
    2009-03-26 08:01 PM
    Did it put the backups on your desktop? If so, then just enable seeing hidden files and folders in Finder Preferences, and then just drag and drop the kext backups into the right place.
    2009-03-27 06:46 AM
    Did it put the backups on your desktop? If so, then just enable seeing hidden files and folders in Finder Preferences, and then just drag and drop the kext backups into the right place.
    It did not create any backup files. However, after jailbreaking mine and my brother's iPhones, I downloaded the 10.5.6 debug kit and installed it. Now everything is working fine. Also I read on some other posts that you can just plug into a USB hub instead of installing the debug kit. This would have been much easier since I already have a hub. Oh well, next time.
    2009-03-27 09:18 AM
    Oops. Lol. Sorry
    2009-03-28 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD