So, I recently purchased an iPod Classic 120gb, and re-activated my 2G 8Gb iPhone with AT&T. Naturally, after adding music I wanted to escalate to adding some video to both devices. After trying out all the usual programs (Xilisoft, ImTOO, Cucusoft, PQDVD, Videora, Makayama, etc, etc, etc,) and having the same issue with ALL of them, mainly the audio/video being out of sync, I finally landed on a program that is by far the best software for this purpose I have ever encountered.

HandBrake 0.9.3

This program is a 6.2mb download, 15.2mb installed, and is just as simple and user-friendly as the Xilisoft/ImTOO interface (which I found to be the most user-friendly of the non-working apps).

While it's relatively easy to just pop in your favorite DVD movie or TV episode disc and start ripping to you hearts content with the preset settings, it's equally as easy to make major and minor tweaks to suit your personal preferences and needs.

Now, I am by no means any sort of A/V expert. I could barely get video files added to my iTunes library to start off, much less convert files or DVDs. But this software is so simple to use and creates such amazing results that you'll feel like an expert.

I am in no way affiliated with the website, application or its creator. I'm just a guy who stumbled across this app today after gross dissatisfaction with enumerable other apps. But since I found it, I've ripped the first 3 seasons of Family Guy, the first season of Drawn Together, Bad Santa, Dodgeball, The Ladies Man, Super Troopers and Old School. And I'm still going.

Long story short (too late, I know), GET THIS APP. If you've been plagued with the same issues I have, then you owe it to yourself to at least download it and try it out. Good luck, and happy ripping!!!

P.S. This is a FREE app. Not like, "Free trial for 30 days, then $49.95" or "Free basic version, $29.95 for full version". I mean FREE, FULL VERSION. Enjoy.
    2009-02-28 08:05 PM
    Very useful post, I will give this app a try.
    2009-03-01 11:54 PM
    Yes! One of the best apps I've ever seen! I had this a WHILE..... ago. It's been out for over 2 years at least. I love it!
    It's a OS X app btw.
    2009-03-02 12:31 AM
    there is a pc version too i think

ive had this for quite a while but it works great

you can use it for ipod videos too
    2009-03-02 12:33 AM
    Yea, this was originally and OS X app it looks like, but they also have PC and Linux versions. Glad some people are finding this useful. I guess it has been out a while, but since I just found it, thought I'd share my good fortune.
    2009-03-02 11:33 AM
    Yeah I have tried mulitple times and it will not let me DL the program
    2009-12-22 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD