when i put songs on my iphone from itunes what folder does it save them in.

basically what I am getting at, is if I torrent (on my iphone) a CD and dont want to play it through dtunes can I simply move the song files somewhere to have them show up in my itunes list?

i will figure this out later and update i guess if it works, just curious if anyone has a quick answer.

thanks!
    2009-03-11 05:06 AM
    root/private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music/*****

NO you can not just SSH songs into iTunes on your phone: because when iTunes sync's it creates a unique file name for each song and links them to a few database and other file’s in your phone... In sort when you sync songs from iTunes it does a LOT more than just copy them to the phone...
    BUT!! If synced into the phone using iTunes... They can be SSH’d OUTof iTunes, since iTunes renames the songs when you sync them. (It uses just letters like mkng.mp3, bght.mp3, sklo.mp3...) Finding the exact song(s) you want to transfer out will be HARD. The XMP file is untouched so the correct name, album, title, etc.etc will show up correctly on the player, provided it uses the XMP info in the .mp3 file to display on your phone or computer.
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 2009-03-22 at 11:09 PM.
    2009-03-22 10:46 PM
    I'm gonna pull away slightly from the thread topic and reply to E-Dragon!

Do you know of any programs/apps which can sync songs to the ipod section? I'm trying to find something that does the same sort of thing as MewSeek Pro does where you have the option to sync your downloaded songs to the ipod. I would just use MewSeek to get the songs but as it uses crappy Soulseek P2P network, there is never anything good on it!

If you could point me in the right direction at all i would be very grateful.

Many thanks, Josh
    2009-03-23 08:39 PM
    I'm gonna pull away slightly from the thread topic and reply to E-Dragon!

Do you know of any programs/apps which can sync songs to the ipod section? I'm trying to find something that does the same sort of thing as MewSeek Pro does where you have the option to sync your downloaded songs to the ipod. I would just use MewSeek to get the songs but as it uses crappy Soulseek P2P network, there is never anything good on it!

If you could point me in the right direction at all i would be very grateful.

Many thanks, Josh
    No new ones that I know of off hand, but if I do come across one I'll let you know...

Note: I don't think it will be long B4 some thing comes around that could allow PC to iPhone iTunes syncing without iTunes... Hopefully
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 2009-03-23 at 11:41 PM.
    2009-03-23 11:31 PM
    Yeah that's what I'm looking for but no one has released anything yet! Ah well, guess time will give me the answer eventually!
    2009-03-24 12:30 AM
    you could just ssh into your iphone, put the songs you downloaded into the mewseek downloads folder, and then open mewseek and let it do its thing.

I recommend using iFile so that you can do it all without a computer.
    2009-03-28 10:31 PM
    Mewseek can properly place the songs in my itunes/iPod player on my iPhone? I guess I will give that a try.

*update* I just dragged some songs to the download folder of mewseek. They don't even show up in the app at all.
    Last edited by imnothardcore; 2009-03-29 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-29 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD