Sorry to be such a noobe, but I just JB'ed my 3G, no problem (that I could see, anyway), and then went to Cydia to install Winterboard. It all looked like it went fine, but when I rebooted, there was no winterboard to be found anywhere. I went back to Cydia, and the app I supposedly downloaded was gone from the list. So, I dunno. What happened, or what do I do, or ?
    2009-03-17 07:24 AM
    Was this the first time you jailbroke your iPhone?
    2009-03-17 07:29 AM
    Yes. Do you think I should JB it again? I didn't see any errors, but then again, what do I know? The worst part of all this is my wife saying "why do you always have to f*** with stuff? Why can't you just leave it alone." Yikes.

OK, finally got it squared away. The crucial piece of information missing from the instructions I originally read left out the proper sequencing of the install, and where to go to get what was needed at what point in time. Once I drilled on it for a while, using various forums and google, I found it. Thanks to any and all. I'll be back, I'm sure.
    Last edited by doggeroo; 2009-03-18 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-18 05:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD