Hi, I'm having very weird issues with the major sources: BigBoss, iSpazio and mmi. Everything loads up fine, even the descriptions of the individual packages. But as soon as I try to download anything from BB or iSpazio, I get a time out error: "POSIX: operation timed out". mmi even gives me the "Host unreachable" error.

I've been trying to download specific packages for the last four days at different times, so I can't imagine the servers to be down. I've tried over WiFi (a 16mbit line with full coverage) and over EDGE (also full coverage) and it just doesn't seem to work. Other sources are fine.

I have a 2G with 2.2.1, please help!
    2009-03-23 12:45 PM
    This happens if either Cydia is getting a heavy load of traffic or if you have a bad URL for a repo.
    2009-03-23 02:45 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I haven't added any repo's manually, I've only used what was preset in Cydia, or added them in the Repository section. But I still double checked them, but they seem to be correct.

What do you mean with Cydia getting a heavy load of traffic? Is there something I can do about it?
    2009-03-23 05:28 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I haven't added any repo's manually, I've only used what was preset in Cydia, or added them in the Repository section. But I still double checked them, but they seem to be correct.

What do you mean with Cydia getting a heavy load of traffic? Is there something I can do about it?
    No its not your fault if there is a lot of traffic. Much like a web page that is slow to open, Cydia servers get bogged down too. With the recent iPod Touch 2.0 jailbreak there is a lot of Cydia activity. Some of the repo servers are more prone to issues than others.
    2009-03-23 10:03 PM
    No its not your fault if there is a lot of traffic. Much like a web page that is slow to open, Cydia servers get bogged down too. With the recent iPod Touch 2.0 jailbreak there is a lot of Cydia activity. Some of the repo servers are more prone to issues than others.
    I guess there is not much more I can do but wait and hope then.

Sorry for asking, but what does "POSIX: Cached failure" mean? I get that from time to time when trying to download and install SBSettings, Next to the "Server unreachable" error.

Thanks again.
    2009-03-23 10:21 PM
    Essentially the BigBoss repo is apparently down. i just needed to restore my iphone and in the process of reloading apps, saw that anything from BigBoss is not downloading, Kinds stinks becasue I really need SBSettings right now. i'm sure itll be back up soon, How long who knows.

I cant really explain exactly what the POSIX error is but it generally has to do with the repos having problems.

Edit:

Big Boss Repo back up
    Last edited by bhz1; 2009-03-24 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-24 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.