My original iPhone had firmware 2.2 and was jailbroken. Cydia worked fine with no issues. Today I just got my replacement iPhone because my original broke. This iPhone has firmware 2.2.1

I've jailbroken it already but when I try to install apps from Cydia I get some error messages. First of all, when I try to load the home page of Cydia while on a wifi connection I get this:

I found that if I disable wifi and connect to Cydia using EDGE it seems to load without a hitch.

When I try to install programs from Cydia, some I can't even find (winterboard), and some just give me this error:

So I tried to find/install mobilesubstrate but it doesnt give me the option to..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. With my original phone I never had any of these issues. I haven't changed any settings with my wifi connection either. Should I downgrade the firmware to 2.2?

Thanks in advance
    2009-03-28 09:44 PM
    Well, its not the FW. Cydia is working perfect for me right now on 2.2.1, always has.

Its most likely your WIFI connection I would have to assume. And I know cydia doesnt work good on Edge. You can also try rebooting the phone.
    2009-03-28 09:51 PM
    Well, its not the FW. Cydia is working perfect for me right now on 2.2.1, always has.

Its most likely your WIFI connection I would have to assume. And I know cydia doesnt work good on Edge. You can also try rebooting the phone.
    Could my connection also be causing the errors relating to mobilesubstrate and not being able to find winterboard to download?
    2009-03-28 09:58 PM
    Well, if their are repos not loading then it wont list the apps in them. Winterboard is hosted by Saurik (author of cydia) so its basically a default app. If its not there its not loading, probably because of a bad connection.

Is Safari working?? Can you see the internet.
    2009-03-28 10:01 PM
    Mine is working...I did have a little trouble yesterday.

Last edited by Zwayne; 2009-03-28 at 10:05 PM.
    2009-03-28 10:01 PM
    Well, if their are repos not loading then it wont list the apps in them. Winterboard is hosted by Saurik (author of cydia) so its basically a default app. If its not there its not loading, probably because of a bad connection.

Is Safari working?? Can you see the internet.
    With my wifi connection, yes I can use safari and go to websites. However, when I try to load saurik.com either on my iphone or PC it wont load. when i used a different connection it will load. so i guess you're right. it must be my isp. I just didnt understand the whole repo thing. I thought it was an issue with my phone. but it now makes sense, if i can't connect to the repo, the things i want wont show up.. thanks a lot

any ideas as to why im not able to view saurik.com on my connection?
    2009-03-28 10:11 PM
    the same thing is happening to me
    2009-03-28 10:54 PM
    the same thing is happening to me
    Let me know if you find out what's causing this. For now I'm just using my EDGE connection. It's slow, but it's the only option I have untill I figure out what's going on with my internet connection
    2009-03-28 11:50 PM
    it happened to me too..

but as far as i know my internet is fine..

if you switch to edge does Winterboard show up?
    2009-03-31 02:52 AM
    it happened to me too..

but as far as i know my internet is fine..

if you switch to edge does Winterboard show up?
    No it wasn't showing up. But now for some odd reason everything is working fine. I didnt change anything either...
    2009-04-01 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD