hello

its not often i can not solve my problems after extensive searching, but there has to be a first time for everything :P

so, on an 8gb ipod touch 2g and windows xp SP2

after being put in recovery mode to restore...it didnt.

i tried about 12 times, with two different Firmwares and a custom, just to try. itunes 8.0 hated this, and gave me a combination of 1611, 1601, 6, and 20 errors.

the genral thing went like this:

2,1 2.1.1 gave error 20 in dfu

2,1 2.2.1 gave error 1611 in dfu, and a combination of 1611 and 1601 in recovery mode

custom gave error 6, 1611, 1601 and 20 in and out of DFu

tried the usual change usb ports, restart, reinstall itunes and all other apple related programs, and changing computers. it didnt work.

losing all hope, i put it into dfu mode (yes, it was dfu) and tried another 10 or so restores . to the same avail, same error codes, in itunes 8.0. tried all the normal procedures, this time in dfu, got the same restore errors.

finally upgraded itunes and redownloaded the 2,1 2.2.1 firmware from itunes, tried another few restores, failed in the ways detailed above, on two computers, and gave up.

whats going wrong? any ideas?
    2009-04-02 08:17 PM
    if it is not restoring you are not in dfu mode correctly your windows should recognize a new hardware and it will pop up saying apple ipod (dfu)

then you have to do the pre-jailbreak with quick freedom and then try shift+click restoring
    2009-04-02 08:49 PM
    Did you try downgrading you iTunes? That may help..
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-04-03 06:48 AM
    did you read my post him121213? yes, it was DFU. solid black screen, went white at the start of restore, and windows said that the dfu (iboot) driver was recognised, and installed.

and it didnt restore.

but i shall try the pre jailbreak again.

@bteamer: should i downgrade, as the 2g ipod touch is only supported by 8.0+?
    2009-04-03 10:51 AM
    ^Ahh that's right. Sorry, I think in first gen terms since that's what I have. Since you seem to be confident that you are in DFU, and that is STILL not working, then I would just take it into an apple store. Most likely, they'll just give you a new one.
    2009-04-06 06:42 AM
    yeh take it back to were you bought it i buy from best buy (no apple store here =P) but were ever dont tell them that the problem occured during a jailbreak lol they would probly be like nope cant exchange LOL silly apple
    2009-04-06 04:30 PM
    Yes of course, because anybody could understand more than 3 words from that right?
    2009-04-10 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD