how do you back up the .STRING and .PLIST? Sorry for the noob question
    2009-04-25 04:21 AM
    iNitsua theme goes well with MobileMe Full GUI. by we can set both themes together.

some icons i need:

-installer

from cydia:
    -backgrounder
    -snapture (maybe i'll hide camera's icon n use the theme icon to this one [but the name will be camera at the icons design...])
    -iFile
    -gTxtEdit
    -Flashlight
    -TuneWiki

from app store:
    -FlyCast
    -To Do's
    -WhiteBoard
    -GraphCal

for the game's icons i think there r too many 4 u to make. maybe we can make n share with each other
    for the weather icon maybe i can rotate90 all of the "weathericon thick" weather states n make 2 backgrounds, 1 for day n another for nite.

when theres an unread email. the number 1 on the badge stays on vertical. so we have the whole screen on horizontal n the badge number on vertical.

u forgot to put on ur readMe.txt that we need to set our folders like "more games" to show only 3 line of icons. cuz if not the forth line appears above the dock icons

some ss's:
    on this one, my categories is protected with lockdown, so, the popup stays vertically. dont kown if it can be changed

this ss was taken from my "more apps" folder. u can see the clock n the calendar dont fit the screen, they stay under everything. maybe theres nothing we can do. no problem
    o gosh i ought to delete this "if found" app, >D

all of those crazy icons... i think we cant theme all of em. but anyway i'll let the way it is by now, maybe in future i'll rotate all of em. i know the labels r still turned on in the ss's but i'v already turned em off.

lol it took me a good time to organize those 83 blank icons ", but now its done.
    congratulations its a great theme. n congrats to inav's creator, Reeco
    2009-04-25 04:49 AM
    how do you back up the .STRING and .PLIST? Sorry for the noob question
    Drag the original files into your computer and store them somewhere, then place the new string and plist file where they should go and they will overwrite the ones previously there. I only suggest you keep the old ones if you want to return the statusbar to the way it was.

In future updates, I'll be providing the original files.

iNitsua theme goes well with MobileMe Full GUI. by we can set both themes together.

some icons i need:

-installer

from cydia:
    -backgrounder
    -snapture (maybe i'll hide camera's icon n use the theme icon to this one [but the name will be camera at the icons design...])
    -iFile
    -gTxtEdit
    -Flashlight
    -TuneWiki

from app store:
    -FlyCast
    -To Do's
    -WhiteBoard
    -GraphCal

for the game's icons i think there r too many 4 u to make. maybe we can make n share with each other
    for the weather icon maybe i can rotate90 all of the "weathericon thick" weather states n make 2 backgrounds, 1 for day n another for nite.

when theres an unread email. the number 1 on the badge stays on vertical. so we have the whole screen on horizontal n the badge number on vertical.

u forgot to put on ur readMe.txt that we need to set our folders like "more games" to show only 3 line of icons. cuz if not the forth line appears above the dock icons

some ss's:
    on this one, my categories is protected with lockdown, so, the popup stays vertically. dont kown if it can be changed

this ss was taken from my "more apps" folder. u can see the clock n the calendar dont fit the screen, they stay under everything. maybe theres nothing we can do. no problem
    o gosh i ought to delete this "if found" app, >D

all of those crazy icons... i think we cant theme all of em. but anyway i'll let the way it is by now, maybe in future i'll rotate all of em. i know the labels r still turned on in the ss's but i'v already turned em off.

lol it took me a good time to organize those 83 blank icons ", but now its done.
    congratulations its a great theme. n congrats to inav's creator, Reeco
    Thank you for organizing your icon request that way, makes it easier for me to find them.

Badges are still an issue and is being worked on. In all likelihood, unless there is an update in winterboard, I cannot make the badges landscape. So I'm left with only hiding them and only showing a circle to indicate the presence of something "new" in that app.

The numpad bug is due to the landscape statusbar. Nothing I can do to fix it... that's why I'm intending on making an alternate version of this theme that still maintains a standard statusbar.

Categories is being worked on. I will provide a different set of icons that will go with categories (you will need to access them in the categories options). Categories will also have it's own background. The only thing I'm working on is whether it'll be left-right orientation or up-down.

-------------------

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm working diligently to make this THE theme you want. I made this theme under the guise of intuitiveness and not necessarily aesthetics. I really think this idea of "favorites" and "more favorites" works very well rather than being forced into categories which has many limitations.

The next update will be icons and categories. Landscape lockscreen is not working out so well due to the drifting calendar/clock bug. I'm trying out many different CSS alignments to see which one works the best and stays put! If someone is experienced in CSS, I would appreciate some assistance, please!

Also, has anyone started making their own icons, if so, share please.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 2009-04-25 at 05:48 AM.
    #eli7e revived me
    2009-04-25 05:46 AM
    I have one Icon request for a App Store Game:

Crystal Defenders
    2009-04-25 11:23 AM
    Very ingenious work. I look forward to seeing you finish the UI.
    2009-04-25 12:41 PM
    Drag the original files into your computer and store them somewhere, then place the new string and plist file where they should go and they will overwrite the ones previously there. I only suggest you keep the old ones if you want to return the statusbar to the way it was.

In future updates, I'll be providing the original files.

Thank you for organizing your icon request that way, makes it easier for me to find them.

Badges are still an issue and is being worked on. In all likelihood, unless there is an update in winterboard, I cannot make the badges landscape. So I'm left with only hiding them and only showing a circle to indicate the presence of something "new" in that app.

The numpad bug is due to the landscape statusbar. Nothing I can do to fix it... that's why I'm intending on making an alternate version of this theme that still maintains a standard statusbar.

Categories is being worked on. I will provide a different set of icons that will go with categories (you will need to access them in the categories options). Categories will also have it's own background. The only thing I'm working on is whether it'll be left-right orientation or up-down.

-------------------

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm working diligently to make this THE theme you want. I made this theme under the guise of intuitiveness and not necessarily aesthetics. I really think this idea of "favorites" and "more favorites" works very well rather than being forced into categories which has many limitations.

The next update will be icons and categories. Landscape lockscreen is not working out so well due to the drifting calendar/clock bug. I'm trying out many different CSS alignments to see which one works the best and stays put! If someone is experienced in CSS, I would appreciate some assistance, please!

Also, has anyone started making their own icons, if so, share please.
    i believe that i have found the "info.plist" in your folder but i can not find the "InfoPlist.strings" as of yet, and if i understand correctly, you say to take out the original file that i find when i ssh and replace it with what you have in your folder?
    2009-04-25 09:43 PM
    i believe that i have found the "info.plist" in your folder but i can not find the "InfoPlist.strings" as of yet, and if i understand correctly, you say to take out the original file that i find when i ssh and replace it with what you have in your folder?
    You don't necessarily have to "take out the original file(s)". just make sure you have a copy of the originals (which won't be necessary for long because i will provide them in the next update).

You should have both those files in a folder under "How To Set Up" and in the folder in that that says "Modified Landscape Theme". The info.plist file you're talking about is the one for springboard, not the statusbar
    #eli7e revived me
    2009-04-25 11:54 PM
    Beautiful theme k.nitsua, not something I would personally use due to most apps are not developed for landscape view (yet) but very nice none the less. Your issue with the badge, since the badge is just a holder symbol and you can hide the numbers, just make a badge .png with the word NEW oriented in landscape so when an email, phone call or text comes in the word NEW shows up where ever you have that icon positioned on the springboard. I have never personally edited badges before but I think this should work.
    2009-04-26 01:50 AM
    Beautiful theme k.nitsua, not something I would personally use due to most apps are not developed for landscape view (yet) but very nice none the less. Your issue with the badge, since the badge is just a holder symbol and you can hide the numbers, just make a badge .png with the word NEW oriented in landscape so when an email, phone call or text comes in the word NEW shows up where ever you have that icon positioned on the springboard. I have never personally edited badges before but I think this should work.
    Awesome idea! Thank you!
    #eli7e revived me
    2009-04-26 04:28 AM
    I have been trying to install this theme for 2 hours now and it just keeps respringing and coming back in safe mode and i have to restart all over again it really pissing me off now. i luv this theme can ne one tell me what em doing wrong n how to stop the phone from doing this.. thanks in advance.
    2009-04-26 08:18 AM
    You don't necessarily have to "take out the original file(s)". just make sure you have a copy of the originals (which won't be necessary for long because i will provide them in the next update).

You should have both those files in a folder under "How To Set Up" and in the folder in that that says "Modified Landscape Theme". The info.plist file you're talking about is the one for springboard, not the statusbar
    I think i got it, could you tell me where to find the five column springboard, thanks again for the help
    2009-04-26 08:43 AM
    screenie of my new dialer

and i got a new Safari icon for u guys....
    Attached Thumbnails [Nostalgia] iNitsua 3.0-safari.png  
    Last edited by LuCiFeRkO; 2009-04-26 at 11:13 AM.
    2009-04-26 09:30 AM
    I have been trying to install this theme for 2 hours now and it just keeps respringing and coming back in safe mode and i have to restart all over again it really pissing me off now. i luv this theme can ne one tell me what em doing wrong n how to stop the phone from doing this.. thanks in advance.
    Did you put the InfoPlist files in the right place?

When I first installed the theme, my iPhone kept respringing. I didn't restore it to factory settings because I know I did something wrong and it wasn't the theme, so I double checked on the InfoPlist files and of course they were in the wrong place. The respringing stopped once I put them where they were supposed to go and the theme started working normally.

So, make sure you're actually putting the files in the right place.
    2009-04-26 10:51 AM
    This is literally one of the most disgustingly sick-looking iPhone themes I have come across, and I mean that in the best way possible.

Working on getting 'er set up right now!

Thanks man!

EDIT: Forgot where the actual theme goes, haha... It's been a while. Help?
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 2009-04-26 at 12:14 PM.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-04-26 11:11 AM
    Did you put the InfoPlist files in the right place?

When I first installed the theme, my iPhone kept respringing. I didn't restore it to factory settings because I know I did something wrong and it wasn't the theme, so I double checked on the InfoPlist files and of course they were in the wrong place. The respringing stopped once I put them where they were supposed to go and the theme started working normally.

So, make sure you're actually putting the files in the right place.
    i believe i did but i will try it again thanks for the info.

p.s can u direct me to where the file goes again maybe i'm reading the read me that comes with the incorrectly
    2009-04-26 03:55 PM
    i would really be interested in a portrait style any eta of that?

iPhone 2g 8gb 2.2 pwned
    2009-04-26 04:36 PM
    Okay guys, I've been really swamped at work (just worked a double shift yesterday) and I also have a lot of school work to catch up on (I have a 12 page argument due Wednesday).

I'll be working on this little by little this week, but I hope that I'll be able to give you guys a major update by Thursday night.

Here are some of the things I'm working on:

- More icons (hope to have 200-250 icons total made by Thursday night)
    - New wallpaper.html set up
    ---- Allow custom backgrounds
    ---- A better calendar/clock
    - Vertical statusbar option
    ---- This would fix Quickgold and other springboard keyboards
    - "More Games Page 2" option instead of "More Options"

Here are some things I hope to finish in the near future:

- Many more icons
    - New style (something more sleek and polished)
    - Portrait version
    - Landscape lockscreen
    - Categories (background and icons)
    - Phone and Media UI

Again, thank you guys for the feedback. If you have ANY suggestions to make your "iNitsua" experience better, let me know and I will do my best to fulfill your requests. Every icon request that's been made in this thread is being fulfilled - so don't think I'm ignoring them. However, I've noticed it's been pretty difficult when people just give me the short/nick names of apps and don't tell me where you got them, what they are called on springboard, and what they are for or what the icon currently looks like.

The last 50 icons I made, I had to actually look them up in appstore, and sometimes "guess" what the actual app is.

If you have an icon request, the following information would be really great:

Name of app:
    What the app is called on springboard (Case-sensitive):
    OPTIONAL picture of the current icon:

A lot of you guys have downloaded my PSD template for the icons... have any of you guys made custom icons for yourselves? Share them please ^_^

iNitsua BETA is also now available on MacCiti's repo. When iNitsua COMPLETE is done, I'll ask for a modmyi repo.

Thanks for the support!!!
    #eli7e revived me
    2009-04-26 05:49 PM
    Anyone know how to clear the SBBadge text without getting rid of the bubble???? There should be a way to clear the color of just the text from white to transparent?
    2009-04-26 07:03 PM
    i just made 2 icons, maybe u guys wont like but its ur problem anyway >D

those r some ss's i took from screens i dont like?
    wheres the satutus bar?

well this one u can see.
    n this one is disagreeing to the ss above.

in here i cant see what i'm writing n in landscape view, at least me, idk how to jump a line.

maybe u already know about those stuff. but idk if u know^^ so i posted em
    2009-04-26 11:33 PM
    Hello it's me again.
    Just want to say this is still an amazing theme, I know you're working hard on it but I have a few suggestions:
    -landscape lockscreen
    -fix badges to be landscape aswell
    -more icons, especially videorecorder3g, most people us videorecorder3g over cycorder anyway.

Lastly I have a question, I noticed in your screenshot of your winterboard menu you have a "iNitsua catagories". I don't seem to have that, how come?

As for the information for the icons I requested,

-videorecorder3g, that is how it looks on springboard, and that is it's name as well, you download it from cydia. (icon is orange with a camcorder and cassette on it)
    -I would also like NES(also from cydia)
    and Hero of Sparta (from appstore, that is how it looks on springboard as well, icon is a dark skinned guy with bronze helmet on)

Thank you so much for this amazing app, once I reformat my pc and get photoshop back up and running I can also do icon requests if anyone needs them?
    k.nitsua if you need me to take some of the work off your shoulders I would be glad to, anyone else is free to request icons for me to make.
    Last edited by CubanCharlie; 2009-04-27 at 01:54 AM.
    2009-04-27 01:48 AM
1,467 ... 456781656 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD