My friend has an ipod touch and i am the one who jailbroke it for him.
    He accidentally pressed a restart springboard from an app (sbsettings) and now when i try to turn it on, it puts the boot logo, then a couple seconds later it crashes. Here is the email he sent me.

My ipod is really messed up now and I cant even access it because the boot logo will show up for 5 seconds, go all staticy, then will go black for 1 second then back to the boot screen and all over again. If you know how to fix this or if it has all ready happend to you, please let me know.
    See ya,
    Pat.

Anyways any help?
    Last edited by qwazz; 2009-04-24 at 10:43 PM.
    Ipod touch 2g
    Jailbroken
    Modded
    Best thing ever!
    2009-04-24 09:06 PM
    The easy answer is to restore.
    So, it runs in an infinite loop with trying to boot, until it is physically stopped? You said, 'restart springboard,' but it sounds more like a simple restart that got stuck in a loop. Are you sure it's a restart or is it a respring (in reference to the springboard)?
    2009-04-24 09:22 PM
    The 'restart springboard' didn't do anything, I use that all the time. You have another issue.
    Hold down both buttons like you are going into DFU mode but release both when the apple logo comes up.
    2009-04-24 09:51 PM
    Yes it does a loop of infinity. It goes on, then crashes. Goes on, crashes etc

It wont even turn on after. After DFU mode, my pc recondises its there, but the restore does not work.

Rejailbreaking with redsnow does not work, quickpwn either

Can I bump this?

It's really important...
    Last edited by qwazz; 2009-04-25 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ipod touch 2g
    Jailbroken
    Modded
    Best thing ever!
    2009-04-25 01:23 AM
    There is no reason DFU mode should not work. It is the way in which the device is completely wiped and then replaced with new firmware. The only reason it should not work is if there is something physically wrong with the device. The trick is to retry. Don't even try Redsn0w, just get the device to run on normal, Apple certified firmware first. What error are you getting? Are you sure you're in DFU mode? Do you have the correct firmware for the restoring process?
    2009-04-25 06:34 PM
    Here is an update.

It goes to the bootlogo then to the "connect to itunes" logo. Then itunes asks if I want to restore. It all goes good but get error 1611.

AND BTW it always can connect to itunes now, somehow... (ive been playing with it for a couple days and its been loooong
    Last edited by qwazz; 2009-04-25 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ipod touch 2g
    Jailbroken
    Modded
    Best thing ever!
    2009-04-25 09:43 PM
    What is the name of the file you are using? Do you simply click 'Restore' or shift+click 'Restore' and use a different firmware?

You can get it into restore mode, so hopefully you can restore (if everything goes right). If not, you need to use DFU mode.
    2009-04-26 01:50 PM
    I already tried firmware and shift restore.

Il put a vid on youtube showing what happens...
    Ipod touch 2g
    Jailbroken
    Modded
    Best thing ever!
    2009-04-26 08:23 PM
    make sure you are getting into DFU mode because you shouldn't see any logo on the screen with dfu mode.

DFU Mode | iPhone News, Help and Guides
    follow that guide. I use method 1.
    Last edited by IvanPK; 2009-04-26 at 10:05 PM. Reason: added link
    2009-04-26 10:04 PM
    Dfu mode not worky
    Ipod touch 2g
    Jailbroken
    Modded
    Best thing ever!
    2009-04-30 01:08 AM
    What happens

I turn it on, then it says to connect to itunes. I do and press restore. error 1611

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtVSN_MEbZ4]YouTube - What's wrong with my iPod touch?[/ame]
    Last edited by qwazz; 2009-05-11 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ipod touch 2g
    Jailbroken
    Modded
    Best thing ever!
    2009-05-11 11:29 PM
    Did anyone watch the vid?
    Ipod touch 2g
    Jailbroken
    Modded
    Best thing ever!
    2009-05-15 02:24 AM
    Just jailbroke an ipod touch for a friend of my son last night. He had attempted to jailbreak using a bunch of different metods and couldnt get it to work. I first tried Quickpwn for Mac- and despite having "success" I got stuck in an infinite boot loop. Using disk aid- it looked as though cydia was not installed yet all the sym links were there. Since this guy had a pretty full ipod with songs and apps and all I decided to try again with Pwnage and a custom firmware. I increased the size of the root partition to about 1000 mb and everything restored just fine. Successful jailbreak and no boot issues.
    2009-05-15 03:07 PM
    So try pwnagetool?
    Ipod touch 2g
    Jailbroken
    Modded
    Best thing ever!
    2009-05-15 09:43 PM
    So try pwnagetool?
    I would.
    2009-05-15 09:56 PM
    OK.

Tried this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cfTByM7pPg]YouTube - How To Jailbreak A 2g iPod Touch 2.2.1 Untethered[/ame]

Not working.

Next stop, pwnage tool

________

Wait! Isnt pwnagetool for mac? I have a pc
    Last edited by qwazz; 2009-05-15 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ipod touch 2g
    Jailbroken
    Modded
    Best thing ever!
    2009-05-15 11:07 PM
    Sorry but BUMP

I really want to fix it...
    Ipod touch 2g
    Jailbroken
    Modded
    Best thing ever!
    2009-05-22 01:52 AM
    Comon please?
    Ipod touch 2g
    Jailbroken
    Modded
    Best thing ever!
    2009-05-24 11:08 PM
    Sorry If I am posting alot but I tried EVERYTHING! I really can't find ANYTHING that works
    Ipod touch 2g
    Jailbroken
    Modded
    Best thing ever!
    2009-05-28 12:09 AM
    well, since I cant get ant help, I mght aswell throw it out.
    Ipod touch 2g
    Jailbroken
    Modded
    Best thing ever!
    2009-05-31 05:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD