I've been working on my very first theme for awhile now. So far the one thing that is bugging me is the weather icon status bar text. The status bar image drowns out the white text and I really don't want to change the status bar. I've messed around with the com.ashman.WeatherIcon.plist file to change the color and nothing happens. The text stays white on the springboard and a few apps, but in others it changes to black (i.e. SMS, Settings, etc.). Is there a way to change the color, so it's always black?

Here's a couple of screenshots to show you all what I'm talking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Change color of weather icon text on status bar?-img_0003.png   Change color of weather icon text on status bar?-img_0004.png  
    2009-04-26 02:46 AM
    Hey iTJ, I hate to ask another question on top of yours and months later in this old thread, but what if I wanted to move the weather icons in the status bar way over to the left where you have the apple logo and "Finder"? Is that something in the plist as well?
    2009-07-08 11:17 PM
    Hey man. Sorry I was a away for a few days. I saw where you got an anwser when using WbApp. I emailed David (developer) regarding the WeatherIcon question. At this time he said we're unable to move the image. It would require more programming, but he's looking into it being in a future update.
    2009-07-11 10:50 PM
    Oh hey, no sweat. I didnt think you were even watching this thread anymore. I did try WbApp but didnt like that you could only see it on the home screen and the lock screen (which I couldnt get to work) but not any other app where the status bar is showing. I will patiently wait for a WeatherIcon update which will hopefully allow me to move it. Thanks for the info!!!
    2009-07-12 01:10 AM
    I've been working on my very first theme for awhile now. So far the one thing that is bugging me is the weather icon status bar text. The status bar image drowns out the white text and I really don't want to change the status bar. I've messed around with the com.ashman.WeatherIcon.plist file to change the color and nothing happens. The text stays white on the springboard and a few apps, but in others it changes to black (i.e. SMS, Settings, etc.). Is there a way to change the color, so it's always black?

Here's a couple of screenshots to show you all what I'm talking about.
    I know this thread is pretty old, but I am trying to do this same exact thing. I want to change the temp text to black, but I'm not having any luck. Any help?
    2010-02-25 11:25 PM
    Hope this helps, I posted it over at MacCiti:

1. Make a new folder on your desktop. Call it however you want. I called mine FSM…

2. Open a text editor. On OSX i use TextMate ( use what ever u want ) , on Windows use Notepad.

3. Copy-Paste the following code in your new document

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC “-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN” “http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd”>
    <plist version=”1.0″>
    <dict>
    <key>NavigationBarStyle</key>
    <string>1</string>
    <key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>/*font-family: monospace;*/ font-size: 13px; color: Hex_Value</string>
    <key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>/*font-family: monospace;*/ font-size: 13px; color: Hex_Value</string>
    <key>TimeStyle</key>
    <string>/*font-family: monospace;*/ font-size: 16px; color: Hex_Value</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

NOTE1:

* notice that you have 3 locations: NavigationBarStyle , UndockedIconLabelStyle, TimeStyle . You can change the font color for all of the locations, or just one . You choose what colors you want to use. If you want to change only the color of the clock ( TimeStyle ), for example, the other two , you will leave blank.

NOTE2:

* What is a “Hex Value” ? In mathematics and computer science, hexadecimal (also base-16, hexa, or hex) is a numeral system with a radix, or base, of 16. It uses sixteen distinct symbols, most often the symbols 0–9 to represent values zero to nine, and A, B, C, D, E, F (or a through f) to represent values ten to fifteen. You still have no idea , i know. When it comes to colors, hex value is basically the RGB value represented by 6 digits and letters. Those 6 digits and letters are taken two by two and they represent the value of R G and B.
    * How to get “Hex Values” ? This is extremely simple. I use Photoshop for this. If you use Photoshop, i dont need to explain you how to get a hexa color, although i will have a screenshot below. If you dont use/have any photo editing software on your computer, there are plenty of sites on the www. that you can use for this. For example , go here, and play with the RGB sliders until you get the color you want. Than copy paste the hexa code in your document.

Than just copy the (Hex) code number from PhotoShop, something similar to this (00bd145) and than put it in the desired text your trying to mod.
    Follow me on Twitter-Crow1372

2010-02-26 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.