Hello!

I am using an unlocked/jailbroke iphone 2G with 2.2.1. Somehow I installed Ripdev. I don't recall how, but I see it now in the General Settings tab. I do not have a graphical icon to "delete" so am unsure how to uninstall the program.

It has obviously screwed up my phone because the Apple Phone app quit working. I was able to as for a "trial license" for "Kate" and that seemed to resolve the frozen Phone app problem, but I need to get rid of the app entirely so that when the "trial" expires I can be back to normal.

I hate to ask this, but can you please "dumb it down" for me as I don't always understand the various lingo. Thanks a bunch!!!

Anne
    2009-05-04 02:55 AM
    RipDev isnt an app....its an author. So im not exactly sure what you installed.

But if Cydia is the only installer app you have on your iphone you can goto "Manage" in the bottom tabs of Cydia and then go to "Packages" and it will list everything you have installed on the phone from Cydia...look through it and you should be able to find what your looking for, and uninstall it.
    2009-05-04 02:57 AM
    Thanks again for saving me!! I truly don't know what I downloaded other than some ringtones, but now under the Ripdev setting I have all of these options for things like Smart Dialer, Equalizer, FaceLift, etc... They all have the "kate" icon next to them... definitely need to get that gone. I do not have the experince to be doing more damage... LOL
    2009-05-04 03:16 AM
    Yeah, Kate has a horrible reputation, uninstall it immediately! :P
    2009-05-04 04:15 AM
    Oh yeah I missed that from before....Kate = boo.
    2009-05-04 06:15 AM
    The quickest way to needing to restore is by installing kate
    2009-05-04 06:21 AM
    Okay so I asked for your help and I certainly got it... yes Kate was BAD!!! So I decided to go ahead and do a full restore using iTunes and QuickPWN. I had to unlock the phone again, but it was as easy as it was the first time (if not easier)... but here is the best advice I can share....

IF YOU AREN'T SURE WHAT YOU MAY BE DOWNLOADING BECAUSE OF YOUR OWN IGNORANCE (ME INCLUDED), WHEN GIVEN THE OPTION IN QUICKPWN TO INSTALL CYDIA & INSTALLER, DON'T SELECT THEM!

It means your phone isn't "jailbroke" but I can live with that, if it means I won't be stuck with a program I shouldn't have downloaded!

Again, you guys are fabulous on this site and I am very appreciative!!!
    2009-05-04 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD