So far this website has been a huge help to get me as far as i have made it but i cant make it any further without some guidance. I have an IPhone 3g with 2.2.1 software and have jail broken it. I have been using other peoples themes but i want to make my own. I need to know what programs i need (preferably free) and how to use them because i am wanting to create a custom home screen background,dialer keypad,and weather background.From my understanding if you can do one then you can do the other because the use the same concept. Any help is appreciated. Thx
    2009-05-09 11:49 AM
    You basically can use any program that is able to edit .png files like Adobe Photoshop or something. As you requested free programs: use gimp, it is free and works aswell :>

To get the files to your phone i'd suggest a ssh-able ftp client like (for windows) WinSCP and for mac... well.. i have no mac so better ask a mac user

To make your own theme the easyest way is to edit existing pictures (you have the correct size etc). Backup the original ones (or the ones from a already made theme) and edit the ones you like to

For further information on using gimp or WinSCP i'd suggest google or one of the many graphics-forums. WinSCP is kinda self-explaining :>

Hope that helped :>
    2009-05-09 06:53 PM
    Well i downloaded the paint.net and gimp for editing but couldn't really figure out how to edit the different layers. i downloaded a dialer keypad that someone else had made and was going to edit it so that i don't mess up any of my original files. The file i downloaded was like 16 different pictures of the dialer. I tried editing a few of them but had no luck. Also the background was so small when i opened it gimp that i dont see how anyone could edit it. Thx for the above help but i need a little bit more specific guidance.
    2009-05-09 09:56 PM
    So far this website has been a huge help to get me as far as i have made it but i cant make it any further without some guidance. I have an IPhone 3g with 2.2.1 software and have jail broken it. I have been using other peoples themes but i want to make my own. I need to know what programs i need (preferably free) and how to use them because i am wanting to create a custom home screen background,dialer keypad,and weather background.From my understanding if you can do one then you can do the other because the use the same concept. Any help is appreciated. Thx
    Try this link, may be what your looking for.
    Link
    There is a thread here called show off your theme, if you spend some time going through this thread it is like the evolution of theme building with tons of stuff modded and more. Click here.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-05-09 at 10:07 PM.
    2009-05-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD