User Tag List

Does anyone have this working or tryed it yet
    2009-05-16 10:13 PM
    u should know better...than to update when new firmwares are available...becuz most third party wont be up to date so they wont work...you would have to wait for other third party to catch up first before you start updating your firmware.......you just have to wait a while until skrewcommon/vWallpaper update their app.
    2009-05-16 10:52 PM
    i have tried it on beta3.0 & full release 3.0.........it wont workkk.........hang on for few days they should have an update out
    2009-06-22 12:05 AM
    you can achieve the same thing as vwallpaper from winterboard on 3.0
    just create a folder videowallpaper.theme or whatever you want..
    inside the folder place your mp4 and rename it Wallpaper.mp4
    ssh the folder into winterboard and turn it on...

only disadvantages are
    video does not resize as in vwallpaper so make sure its the correct size for iphone use quicktime pro

video does not stop when lock screen is pressed so if its a video you enjoy seeing from the start when entering your phone you wont have that feature could be in the middle or end.

and if you use audio on your vwallpaper some DO. the audio will also continue to play after lock screen and there is no way to turn it off..so no audio on the video...

or you can just wait for vwallpaper update haha..
    2009-06-22 12:02 PM
    can confirm above works, just ssh citylights into userwallpaper in winterboard, change existing wallpaper.png to wallpaperbak.png and animated works
    2009-06-22 03:56 PM
    it works for me
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008
    2009-06-23 09:38 AM
    it works for me
    vWallpaper works for you on 3.0 firmwareE? No way.....

When Is any 1 going to update vwallpaper? Ive been looking forward for it for SO long.
    2009-06-23 04:52 PM
    heayy..

ezstar is right vwallpaer is not working on 3.0
    vWallpaper works for you on 3.0 firmwareE? No way.....

When Is any 1 going to update vwallpaper? Ive been looking forward for it for SO long.
    2009-06-23 10:34 PM
    I updated my phone to 3.0

I had previously used vwallpaper. My phone no longer rings. It only vibrates. Also, sometimes when people call it trys to play the previous video I had set and freezes on the first few frames, but I can still answer, so I am pretty sure its VWallpaper.

Anybody else getting this issue? Any fix for at least getting my regular ringtones to work, since VWallpaper does not?
    2009-06-24 02:42 AM
    like i said before ....video wallpaper does work on winterboard 3.0 infact all firmware!
    if your videos mean that much to you , add it into winter board and rename Wallpaper.mp4

there you go..until vwallpaper updates...give em time

nishboo......hey man it sounds to me like you updated to 3.0 and didnt restore to 3.0? am i wrong?

if so you must restore to firmware 3.0 so that your old themes are erased.
    Last edited by HeLLaxGoOd; 2009-06-24 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-24 03:08 AM
    I already did that along time ago lol. I am using the winterboard thing.

I am just waiting for the vwallpaper update now i guess....
    Just using the winterboard .mp4's take more energy out of the battery, vwallpaper didnt as much
    2009-06-24 04:44 AM
    i have a different problem regarding vWallpaper. when i try to open it up, it just crashes and brings me back to the home screen. but when someone calls me up, the video ringtones work. i don't want to use it's wallpaper video but just the video ringtone. anyone help??
    2009-06-24 05:46 PM
    i have a different problem regarding vWallpaper. when i try to open it up, it just crashes and brings me back to the home screen. but when someone calls me up, the video ringtones work. i don't want to use it's wallpaper video but just the video ringtone. anyone help??

Mate I got the same problem....it's so annoying
    2009-06-24 08:27 PM
    it happens....just reboot your phone or keep trying again..it will work..

if you dont want the video wallpaper ...there's a turn off/on switch in the app
    2009-06-24 11:02 PM
    Get Mivtones works perfect! That's what i'm using...
    2009-06-24 11:14 PM
    finally figured it out.. Cause mine was doing the same thing, so I had to come back to atleast tell you how because it was ticking me off soooo bad, I figured you were just as angry.

You have to remove Vwallpaper, then remove skrew common (both from cydia) this will get your phone back to normal until the new version comes out!

Hope this helps! Let me know.
    2009-06-25 05:56 AM
    but does it disable auto lock?
    please let me know.

what about your battery usage?
    Last edited by stanleyhowell33; 2009-06-26 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-26 05:45 PM
    i made a folder called citylights.theme i placed the video and renamed it to Wallpaper.mp4, i ssh'd it into stash>themes, and the file named changed to Wallpaper.mp4.mp4, so i renamed it to Wallpaper.mp4 and i checked it off in winterboard and it resprung n it still doesnt work, please help
    2009-06-27 05:43 AM
    i made a folder called citylights.theme i placed the video and renamed it to Wallpaper.mp4, i ssh'd it into stash>themes, and the file named changed to Wallpaper.mp4.mp4, so i renamed it to Wallpaper.mp4 and i checked it off in winterboard and it resprung n it still doesnt work, please help
    In the case where eg. Wallpaper.mp4.mp4 you only need to space one eg. Wallpaper.mp4 .mp4
    2009-06-27 07:13 AM
    Just a quick update...it is working now

First public beta for OS 3.0 | iPhone Software
    2009-07-07 01:15 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD