From what i understand:
    quickpwn = redsn0w = non custom fw
    quickfreedom = custom fw, non quickpwn method
    Therefore, as one is non custom fw and one is, there ARE differences in the final product of the jb.

Are my understandings correct? What are the benefits of making a custom fw over using redsn0w (i.e. what can you customise)?

I read somewhere that there are 3 main credible jb methods, they said redsn0w/quickpwn, and quickfreedom, but they didn't mention the 3rd. What is the 3rd method?
    Also I read that 24kpwn was redsnow or quickfreedom, i cant remember which. I this true?
    What are pwnagetool and redtool? Are they just for already tethered jb itouches?

new: I also read somewhere that quickfreedom is no longer supported by the author? is that true?
    They also said that redsn0w and redtool are the only good choices for a jb now.

If you can answer these, thanks a ton, but if you have weblinks that explain them that would be useful as well.
    If possible, could someone in a timezone close to gmt+10 give me their msn, or we could use chatzy.com, and they could help explain these to me?

Once again, a big thank you to anyone who helps
    2009-05-26 11:00 AM
    All of those are simply a means to an end; they all get you jailbroken, which isn't affected by why method you use, it's just the methods they use is different. Now, some are more stable than others, but unless there are some really bad affects from using a method (like ZiPhone) there isn't more to suggest on what to use. It is up to you to make the desicion.
    2009-05-26 10:17 PM
    Ok thanks for the help again
    So now, essentially what i want to do is compare the advantages/disadvantages of redsn0w/redtool.

1. Im not worried about a resync. My ipod will be clean before a jb.
    2. im not worried about taking longer.
    3. im not worried about it being more difficult
    4. I would like to know what the customisation options are when using redtool. I.e. there is a logo changer, is that the same as quickfreedom and you would have to re-restore do change the logo again using this?
    2009-05-27 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD