Can I please clarification on how to install this...I know about SSH and all but when ever i put themes that I have downloaded into my "Themes" folder, they come up in WInterboard but nothing happens when I apply them...
    I have the same problem. The theme is in the /Library/Themes as well in /var/mobile..../settings/Themes; its checked in the WB, but it doesn't apply/

Please help. TIA
    2009-06-17 04:38 AM
    well did you have a different theme before? if so did you uncheck it on winterboard? try this , make sure you dont have anything else checked with winterboard and just use the palm pre theme ( when you open winterboard you should see : Palm Prefection )
    I have only that palm pre theme enable in my winterboard.
    2009-06-17 04:42 AM
    hows the file structure?
    should be something like this :
    /private/var/stash/themes/palm prefection.theme/ <-- in here you should have the following folders : " Bundles , Folders , Icons , UIImages , UISounds "

the SBSettings folder inside the palm prefection goes in here :

/private/var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes

i hope this helps.
    Where do I get the folders " Bundles , Folders , Icons , UIImages , UISounds " ? Sorry for being so slow, but can u please give steps on what to do like:

1. Unzip the download
    2. SSH into the iPhone
    3. Copy ____ to _____ folder/path

TIA
    2009-06-17 04:50 AM
    I have the same problem. The theme is in the /Library/Themes as well in /var/mobile..../settings/Themes; its checked in the WB, but it doesn't apply/

Please help. TIA
    ok i think the issue is this ... you guys aren't opening the folder, when you download the zip file you will get a folder called Palm perfection , inside this folder there is another folder called Palm Prefection " this is the tricky part " Inside this folder you will see 3 folders and a read me .

put the palm prefection folder in :/private/var/stash/themes/
    put the ringtones folder in : /private/var/stash/Ringtones/
    put the SBSettings folder in : /private/var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes

hope this helps.

Ok i will make this super simple to follow :

1: download the Palm Prefection.zip

2: save it to your desktop

3: unzip it you will end up with the palm prefection folder

4: double click on this folder and you'll see another folder with the same name open this folder again and you'll see 3 folders "Palm PreFection.theme , Ringtones , SBSettings " and a read me file

5:SSH into your phone and to go : /private/var/stash/themes/ in here you will drop the folder called ( Palm PreFection.theme )

6: back in your iphone go to : /private/var/stash/Ringtones/ drop the ringtones folder.

7: in your iphone go to : /private/var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes and drop the SBSettings folder .
    Last edited by gabesir; 2009-06-17 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-17 04:58 AM
    when I attempt to install the theme using the above instructions, I get an error that says "the name is too long or includes characters that the disk cannot display". It seems to do this toward the end of the transfer, and everything appears on the iphone up until the UIImages folder. UIImages is empty, UISounds doesn't transfer, and both wallpaper files do not transfer.
    2009-06-17 05:00 AM
    ok so make it easier. when you extract the zip and will end up with a folder called Palm Prefection and inside this folder there is another folder with the same name , Cut this folder and paste it in C:

example " lets say you downloaded the file to your c: drive you will see this : CPalm Prefection.zip after you unzip this you'll end up with
    CPalm PreFection\Palm Prefection\ <-- in here you will find the 3 folders and the read me file.
    select all the 3 folders (Palm Prefection.theme , Ringtones,SBSettins) and cut them , go back to C and make a new folder called " PALM " and paste the folders you copied in here. from here SSH into the iphone and paste them in the correct locations.
    2009-06-17 05:09 AM
    Im wondering if this is in Cydia yet, and is it is will it be in the modmyi repo?
    2009-06-17 05:18 AM
    Totally Worked. Thanks

hows the file structure?
    should be something like this :
    /private/var/stash/themes/palm prefection.theme/ <-- in here you should have the following folders : " Bundles , Folders , Icons , UIImages , UISounds "

the SBSettings folder inside the palm prefection goes in here :

/private/var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes

i hope this helps.
    ok i think the issue is this ... you guys aren't opening the folder, when you download the zip file you will get a folder called Palm perfection , inside this folder there is another folder called Palm Prefection " this is the tricky part " Inside this folder you will see 3 folders and a read me .

put the palm prefection folder in :/private/var/stash/themes/
    put the ringtones folder in : /private/var/stash/Ringtones/
    put the SBSettings folder in : /private/var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes

hope this helps.

Ok i will make this super simple to follow :

1: download the Palm Prefection.zip

2: save it to your desktop

3: unzip it you will end up with the palm prefection folder

4: double click on this folder and you'll see another folder with the same name open this folder again and you'll see 3 folders "Palm PreFection.theme , Ringtones , SBSettings " and a read me file

5:SSH into your phone and to go : /private/var/stash/themes/ in here you will drop the folder called ( Palm PreFection.theme )

6: back in your iphone go to : /private/var/stash/Ringtones/ drop the ringtones folder.

7: in your iphone go to : /private/var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes and drop the SBSettings folder .
    2009-06-17 05:25 AM
    Im glad that i was able to help you =)
    2009-06-17 05:43 AM
    Im wondering if this is in Cydia yet, and is it is will it be in the modmyi repo?
    2009-06-17 06:24 AM
    no prob...hit tha thnx button..
    hi i have the ipod touch not the phone and the only problem i have its the 4 icons on the bottom all look good except the music icon which i put on the bottom with the 3 icons that look good

Could you make an icon for the music? thats the only one i really need even tho i wish you could do more icons or somebody else to do them lol \

thanks in adavance
    2009-06-17 06:29 AM
    I have no idea how to install this?? Can some one please help?? Do i need a wi-fi connection??
    2009-06-17 06:36 AM
    2009-06-17 06:56 AM
    It's not working with OS 3. Followed the instructions exactly. Screen Shot attached
    Attached Thumbnails **Release** Palm Pr&#275;fection-photo.jpg  
    2009-06-17 06:58 AM
    I have no idea how to put this theme on my phone. Do I need to have wifi on my home computer?
    2009-06-17 07:00 AM
    I have no idea how to put this theme on my phone. Do I need to have wifi on my home computer?
    hit me on aim: Specwb07 and i'll help u buddy

Last edited by ebl4287; 2009-06-17 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-17 07:52 AM
    beautiful
    2009-06-17 07:56 AM
    hit me on aim: Specwb07 and i'll help u buddy

hi i have the ipod touch not the phone and the only problem i have its the 4 icons on the bottom all look good except the music icon which i put on the bottom with the 3 icons that look good

Could you make an icon for the music? thats the only one i really need even tho i wish you could do more icons or somebody else to do them lol \

thanks in adavance

edit
    just noticed you ignored my post

anybody that can make icons please....
    Last edited by magicalan; 2009-06-17 at 09:03 AM.
    2009-06-17 08:22 AM
    can i request icons for:
    - RSS icon
    - insta.l.o.u.s.
    - Google
    - LiveClock
    - a tools (or system tools) icon

thanks!
    2009-06-17 10:33 AM
    Is it possible to change the menu UI (like what u did with the bb storm theme) to something like these

The iphone menus are so boring now

that would be so awesome to see it like that

oh EBL congrats on the engadget drop
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod
    2009-06-17 11:26 AM