A special thanks to Kaos2800! Man! After seeing your source images you went above and beyond to get the button pushed state images. Awesome!

I've gone back into the files Kaos shared with me and tweaked and recreated a few things. Got rid of the partial LOUD button, adjusted levels so the buttons are a little brighter, and a few other things. Also, I've had an epiphany for a method to actually have a frame area around the LCD! It looks awesome now and is really a lot closer to what I had intended originally. I've got a few more little tweaks but I'll get version 2 out to everyone shortly. I'll put it in the downloads section and include a link here but I've also sent a PM to High Tymes to take him up on the hosting offer for installer.

While you wait... check out the attached image grabbed from my phone for an in-progress preview.
    Mr_Sparkle
    Attached Thumbnails Old School Dialer Graphics-dialer_v2b.png  
    2007-10-05 09:59 PM
    looks good sparkle, is it just me because when i look at the dial pad i have to tilt my head, it looks slanted, or is that payphone just so dirty the image "looks" slanted? lol .....
    Hit Thanks!
    2007-10-05 10:53 PM
    looks great. im using it too
    2007-10-05 10:55 PM
    looks good sparkle, is it just me because when i look at the dial pad i have to tilt my head, it looks slanted, or is that payphone just so dirty the image "looks" slanted? lol .....
    It's not just you. I'm pretty sure that the image was captured with the lens at a wider angle. That would account for the slight "bulge" you're noticing...particularly on the left side of the keypad.

IMO, the original keypad is my favorite. But the new call button is SLICK!!!

Overall this effect kicks ***. LOVE showing it off to people.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 2007-10-05 at 11:15 PM.
    2007-10-05 11:11 PM
    What are everyone's thoughts on light up buttons? I'm back and forth myself and am currently working on a version of the push buttons where the numbers/letters light up. I'll post a pic when I get it to a point I'm happy with.
    Mr_Sparkle
    2007-10-05 11:28 PM
    What are everyone's thoughts on light up buttons? I'm back and forth myself and am currently working on a version of the push buttons where the numbers/letters light up. I'll post a pic when I get it to a point I'm happy with.
    Mr_Sparkle
    I look forward to seeing what that looks like, but I was just playing with v1.1 and it looks perfectly polished to my eyes. Don't grind yourself down trying to improve something with such an excellent profile already!
    2007-10-05 11:31 PM
    Mr_Sparkle: I actually like the original you had better. The original looked cleaner and friendlier to me. The call button was also more "obvious" in functional terms. It's really a very nice dialer and I know from experience how hard a "proper" dialer screen mod is.

I would be curious how you achieved the border. I have tried a few things myself, and got a border, but I couldn't make it perfect to blend seamslesslessly with my dialer. I think I know what you did, since there is still the smear of the pixels in the far ends of the display that originates from the horizontal scaling of the image. Can you elaborate on your epiphany?
    2007-10-06 12:19 AM
    The LCD Border at the top is a combination of things...

The background behind the numbers is still done the same way as before.

The border area is actually now part of the BarDialer_Sel.png file similar to the way all the BarDialer mods are being done except that it is just the LCD Border and the 9 blue "keypad" dots at the bottom of the screen. The area of the BarDialer_Sel.png file where the numbers appear is transparent in the file so they are visable as the BarDialer file actually is drawn ontop of the number layer. (if you make it opaque you can't see the dialed numbers.) The one I am currently working on is not just a frame, although for simplicity's sake, it could be. If you look closely at the image I posted earlier you will see that there are reflections, scratches, and shadows that are all of varrying degrees of opacity drawn ontop of the numbers. Its a cool effect and gets a really nice layering.

I hope that makes some sense.

Mr_Sparkle
    2007-10-06 12:47 AM
    OK, here is a quick grab...Buttons press and light up now. Also reworked the Contact, Call, and Delete slightly as well as cleaned some of the "dirt" from the phone.

Debating going back to the original background texture just to brighten things up a bit. Can't decide if I like the slightly darker background so the buttons stand out more or if I like the overall brightness better. Thoughts?

Mr_Sparkle
    Attached Thumbnails Old School Dialer Graphics-dialer_v2b2.png  
    2007-10-06 01:03 AM
    ...am now missing the green overlay on the "Call" button.

FIXED THANKS TO KAOS & SPARKLE!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Old School Dialer Graphics-nokermint.jpg  
    Last edited by jwcrash; 2007-10-06 at 01:55 AM.
    2007-10-06 01:07 AM
    OK, here is a quick grab...Buttons press and light up now. Also reworked the Contact, Call, and Delete slightly as well as cleaned some of the "dirt" from the phone.

Debating going back to the original background texture just to brighten things up a bit. Can't decide if I like the slightly darker background so the buttons stand out more or if I like the overall brightness better. Thoughts?

Mr_Sparkle
    that looks perfect to me! did you use windex? lol
    where do i download??? oh and the darker background looks way better
    Last edited by uPhone559; 2007-10-06 at 02:02 AM.
    Hit Thanks!
    2007-10-06 01:57 AM
    OK, I think I have it all worked out... Will post the files tomorrow if I don't find any issues with it before then. Haven't heard back from High Tymes yet but hopefully we'll get it up on installer as well. That will make it a lot easier to get on and off (like anyone would do that) your phone.

Current pic attached.

Sparkle
    Attached Thumbnails Old School Dialer Graphics-dialer_v2b3.png  
    2007-10-06 06:42 AM
    The scuffing OVER the numbers is a really slick effect. And I dig the lighter background, too.

2007-10-06 06:46 AM
    ...where can i download the latest version and how do i install it with iBricker?
    ...Thank you for the great work!
    2007-10-06 05:49 PM
    Its ready.. Version 2.0 has been uploaded and is just awaiting moderator approval in the downloads section.

Once approved you can get it here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=977

I've included an alternate call button and associated call-button backgrounds. for those that like the call button from the Version 1.0 series. See below for pics of each version.

Thanks,
    Mr_Sparkle
    Attached Thumbnails Old School Dialer Graphics-dialer_v2b3.png   Old School Dialer Graphics-dialer_v2b4.png  
    2007-10-07 01:19 AM
    Love the upgraded green button...the font looks exponentially better.
    2007-10-07 01:22 AM
    yo can you put this somewhere temporarily till thats aproved?? i want it now!!!!!! siiiiccck job
    2007-10-07 01:44 AM
    yo can you put this somewhere temporarily till thats aproved?? i want it now!!!!!! siiiiccck job
    Looks like it's approved now!
    2007-10-07 02:59 AM
    jwcrash is right.. It is approved. go get it. Any reactions from the first few that have grabbed it? what do you think?
    Mr_Sparkle
    2007-10-07 03:16 AM
    jwcrash is right.. It is approved. go get it. Any reactions from the first few that have grabbed it? what do you think?
    Mr_Sparkle
    ...thank you Mr_Sparkle! i have one problem, when dialing the 11 digit phone numbers, the first number (country code) and last number appears dark and not as visible as the rest..i guess it's in the image background...
    ...if we can make it appear lighter and more visible, this will make it one of my best downloads ever!
    2007-10-07 05:19 AM
283 ... 2345614 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD