Do NOT install anything with icy unless you know it is the latest version. Icy is way out of date for Cydia and many of the low level pieces other apps depend on.

Use icy to remove, Cydia to add. You should not need a full restore, just run RS 0.7x and use the clean Cydia to update all pieces.
    2009-06-22 11:34 PM
    All right, I re run RS .72 and just install cydia... That problem is fixed now I have SBsettings and winterboard.. GREAT RIGHT!!

Except I just tried to sync with iTunes 8.2 and it won't happen phone and computer act like its working until the phone just disappears from iTunes and the phone just stays with the slide to cancel screen???
    2009-06-23 01:23 AM
    I actually did a full restore and then re-jailbroke with 7.2. Cydia is now working. Thanks for the suggestion!!

But I hope to see updates to all of this as time goes by, i don't think everything is 100% jsut yet.

Also, a reminder/word to the wise. Remember to un-hide and to remove all applications from SBSettings Dock (if possible) before restoring. I did not and once I reinstalled an application that was docked, I was concerned when it was not showing up on any home screen.

And it was doing this prior to actually installing SBSettings on the newly restored phone. interesting......
    2009-06-23 01:27 AM
    aharen,

what do you mean by "no need to restore again just apply 7.1 redsn0w again"?

I upgraded my iphone and set up everything already. All my apps are installed. Having the same problem.

So do you mean I just plug in my iphone and run redsn0w .71 or .72 (without installing Icy) and this will work? No restore? All my apps will still be there?

Thanks!
    2009-06-23 05:04 AM
    aharen,

what do you mean by "no need to restore again just apply 7.1 redsn0w again"?

I upgraded my iphone and set up everything already. All my apps are installed. Having the same problem.

So do you mean I just plug in my iphone and run redsn0w .71 or .72 (without installing Icy) and this will work? No restore? All my apps will still be there?

Thanks!
    You got it.

1) plug in to USB, let itunes start to sync and either let it finish or slide to cancel.

2) turn off the phone.

3) run redsn0w and let it re-install Cydia.

When it comes back up it will have all your Appstore apps and settings, Cydia apps and settings, as well as any data you have already synced. If that is a lot of data this saves you a ton of time.

4) run Cydia and do the essential upgrades, then do any other upgrades.

The version Cydia you should get is 1.0.2948-58 (as of this posting)and if you go to manage sources, under Telephoreo Tangelo, the description should say "Distribution of Unix Software for iPhoneOS 3" make sure the 3 is there.
    2009-06-23 05:13 AM
    Cool! So it won't touch any of my data.

The key is NOT to install ICY.

What is the best way? use redsn0w .71 OR redsn0w .72 but NOT install ICY?
    2009-06-23 05:17 AM
    Thanks, that worked great!
    2009-06-23 06:32 AM
    Did you use redf0x .71 or .72?

If you used .72 to jailbreak/unlock should you use .72 again (without installing Icy) to fix this problem?

Or can you use either .71 or .72?
    Last edited by ninocaruncho; 2009-06-23 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-23 09:13 AM
    does anyone have the problem after jailbreak everything works.... but when you hook up to itunes all your settings and contacts are restored, however cydia decides not to work. that happened to me and when i use cydia it does not open. Can someone help me
    2009-06-25 07:27 AM
    I was having the issue with Cydia crashing after I was installing a theme and went to the Cydia crash log file (via ssh) and noticed it pointing to iNinja (the theme I was trying to install) and so I deleted the themes folder and .list file...rebooted, and all was well again. It happened a few times with a couple of packages, but after trying to reinstall the packages they worked fine. This is my first JB so I'm still learning, but 2 and half days in I have only had to JB once

I guess since I used to use Linux I was a little more comfortable/confident messing around with the files and directories. It took a while, but I eventually went through every folder through ssh just to see what was in there and so far am having a blast tinkering around with it. I have my iPhone 3GS ordered, but am just waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully there will be a jailbreak for it soon as well.
    2009-06-25 10:23 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.