Haiii,

So i was trying to downgrade to the 2.2.1 from my 3.0. but it doesnt want to work...
    Anyways, I am running on a Mac OS X 10.5.7 and using itunes 8.2. ok.... So i put My iPod touch in DFU Mode(Black Screen) and i tried to restore it from my 2.2.1 NON JAILBREAK Firmware. Then it gives me the error code (1600). I am running right now on the version 3.0 Official FW. I dont know what to do...

Just in case my iPod Touch 1G Firmware 2.2.1 is not the right one, can anyone send me a link for it + My Mac Always Auto Extracts the .zip cause all the firmwares except some are .zip files that i download but not .ipsw . Please if someone can get the firmware 2.2.1, Pass me the link plz.

Thank you in advance.

Oakcapy
    2009-06-24 06:25 AM
    well i had just recently upgraded firmware to official 3.0 and i then was able to jail break it and cydis didnt work for some reason now i am stuck with 3.0 and cant seem to get this thing to downgrade or even jailbreak it again just looking for some help too
    2009-06-26 09:54 AM
    I have a 3G that has been upgraded to 3.0 I'm trying to downgrade to 2.2.1 is this impossible at the moment?

2009-06-27 09:23 AM
    bump for an answer
    2009-06-29 10:19 AM
    Same problem as everyone can't downgrade to 2.2.1.
    Stupid 3.0 is crap! Makes my iTouch really slow and can't connect and discounts all the time on wifi.
    2009-06-29 08:04 PM
    This is the only way i got it to work.

You have to follow the instructions step by step EXACTLY in order for it to work.

This worked for me and my 2G iPhone, so it should also work for an ipod touch.

Well, I can say that i tried with iTunes 8.2 and 8.1.1 and no luck, I always get error 1600. This means that I'm not putting the phone in DFU mode correctly, but believe me when I tell you, it is in DFU mode!

I never had problems putting the phone in DFU, and know apparently I can't. I'm stuck with this crappy firmware that depletes my battery in 2 days without even using it!

If anyone has been successful in downgrading an iPhone 2g from 3.0 to 2.2.1, please let us know.

EDIT:

Got it, I've successfully downgraded my iPhone 2g 3.0 back to 2.2.1. Here's the process:
    (NOTE: If you do not have a backup file of your iPhone while it was still in 2.2.1, you will lose all your data! This happens because iTunes 8.1.0, which you will need in this process, will say that your firmware version is too old when trying to restore using a 3.0 backup file).

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

- Uninstall iTunes 8.2 and Apple Mobile Device Driver.

- REBOOT the computer! This is very important.

- Download and install iTunes 8.1.0.

- Download Winpwn 2.5 beta and also iPhone firmware 2.0.2 - iPhone1,1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw

- Install Winpwn 2.5 beta and run it.

- Follow the instructions and let it create a custom 2.0.2 file.

- At this point, Winpwn will ask you if you have your phone plugged in to the computer and turned OFF. If you don't, do so.

- Then follow the instructions to put your phone in DFU mode. After that, Winpwn will start to do it's thing and you will notice that your phone will get a full white screen (I think this is called Jailbreak mode). At this point Winpwn will stop working. Close it.

- Now, having your iPhone with a white screen, start iTunes. It will recognize the iPhone in Recovery Mode. Shift + click the Restore button and select the 2.2.1 firmware file - iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw

- Let it restore and when it is complete, you'll get an error 1013 or similar OR no error at all, iTunes will just say the iPhone was restored and is going to reboot.

- After rebooting, your iPhone will have that "Connect to iTunes" screen. Close iTunes. Download and run QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 .

- Follow the instruction to Activate/Unlock the phone and voilŠ, you're iPhone will be fine running 2.2.1 firmware.

Some say that this process does work with 3G versions as well, but I can't confirm it. I did this with a 2g phone and all went well, it's all I can say.
    2009-06-30 06:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD