i've been searching for a good guide on how to make themes that i can use on summerboard but found none.

the main reason i am searching is because i would like to change my icons individually rather than choose a set of them. but the methods i have found on the wikiguides and forums are rather long and confusing or just impossible to understand.

if anyone can tell me how to make a theme that will work on summerboard, or how to change the icons indv. in an easy and comprehendable way please reply.
    2007-09-23 11:40 AM
    Basically:
    Use a program like Photoshop or GIMP and create 60px wide by 60px tall images with anything in it. Save it as icon.png (or the application name.png) and upload to your phone. Make one for every application.

If you have any specific question, ask away, or look for tutorials online.
    2007-09-23 11:56 AM
    i have all the icons i want. thing is getting them on my phone.

ive read and looked everywhere and its just too complicated.. doing it with iphoneinterface...
    2007-09-23 11:58 AM
    First create a folder with the name of your theme.
    We'll call it Example right now.
    In this folder, place your Dock.png and your Wallpaper.png, and create another folder in this one called Icons.
    Put all of your icons in the Icons folder named using this guide.
    So we have:
    Example/Dock.png
    Example/Wallpaper.png
    Example/Icons/Calculator.png
    Example/Icons/Calendar.png
    Example/Icons/Camera.png
    etc.

Then connect your iPhone to your computer, start up your software, (iphoneinterface, iphonebrowser, ibrickr) and navigate to:
    /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    and copy your Example folder into here.
    =D
    2007-09-23 12:19 PM
    let's say i only want to change a few icons.. if i leave out the ones i dont want to change will they remain as the default icons or will i have to track down the default icons and place them in the folder as well?
    2007-09-23 12:29 PM
    The default will be kept
    2007-09-23 03:44 PM
    What about changing the already preloaded summerboard themes. Does anyone know the file location for those icons?

Nevermind guys I found it. Its under var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes...
    Last edited by knowtheobscure; 2007-09-24 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-09-24 05:28 AM
    What about changing the already preloaded summerboard themes. Does anyone know the file location for those icons?
    var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/*NameOfTheme*
    2007-09-24 05:37 AM
    var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/*NameOfTheme*
    But in that directory I only find Dock.png, MiniDock.png, and Wallpaper.png..

Where are the icons I want to replace?
    2007-10-01 03:33 PM
    thx for making this thred. It helps me out also.
    2007-10-01 05:14 PM
    certain themes should have an "Icon" folder in them. otherwise they use the stock icons.
    2007-10-01 05:36 PM
    certain themes should have an "Icon" folder in them. otherwise they use the stock icons.
    I dont get it, the Leopard theme doesnt have stock icons, and it also doesnt have an icon-folder?
    2007-10-01 08:09 PM
    how do we get to /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    2007-10-02 04:58 AM
    I dont get it, the Leopard theme doesnt have stock icons, and it also doesnt have an icon-folder?
    My Leopard theme has custom icons, try redownloading and reinstalling it.

how do we get to /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    Use a program like iBrickr (Windows) or Breezy (Mac)
    2007-10-02 07:03 AM
    I use IPHONE BROWSER for windows. Its decent but you cant create new folders yet.
    2007-10-02 05:55 PM
    SSH into summerboard's theme folder, create a folder for your own theme and drag your files into it.
    2007-10-03 03:00 AM
    First create a folder with the name of your theme.
    We'll call it Example right now.
    In this folder, place your Dock.png and your Wallpaper.png, and create another folder in this one called Icons.
    Put all of your icons in the Icons folder named using this guide.
    So we have:
    Example/Dock.png
    Example/Wallpaper.png
    Example/Icons/Calculator.png
    Example/Icons/Calendar.png
    Example/Icons/Camera.png
    etc.

Then connect your iPhone to your computer, start up your software, (iphoneinterface, iphonebrowser, ibrickr) and navigate to:
    /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    and copy your Example folder into here.
    =D
    Dude . . . I know I am an Idiot I have created a folder inside Summerboard > Themes , now where in the heck do I place the "DisplayOrder.plist" also I made a folder named Icons , but when I try to upload the file (which there inside a folder named after the app they represent . . . say Calculator , there is a "icon.png" file and a ".DS_Store" ) am I supposed to rename it from "icon.png" to its app name ?? how about the wallpaper , dock and status bar ?? all I got is a folder named after the Theme , a folder for each app , the .plist file and a screenshot , how the heck do I install this ?? this is the file I downloaded : Link

Last but not least If I wish to just change the default icons , do I create a folder named Icons inside the default folder inside summerboard > Themes ?? because I can see the folder , wallpaper , dock and Minidock , where do I put the replacements for the icons I want to change ??

I hope I was clear on what I was trying to ask thanks you guys !!
    2007-10-03 08:11 AM
    i tried doing the same but the camera.png does not change!
    2007-10-03 10:36 PM
    So any help in installing this theme ??

Link

I will really appreciate if you guys can help me out in this , I want this theme on my iphone , can anybody give me a step by step tutorial on how to do it ?? thanks
    2007-10-05 12:18 AM
    See that "." in front of DS-Store? The dot means it is a hidden file on your desktop. You'll be a lot less confused if you go to tools and disable the ability to view hidden files on your desktop. You are confusing yourself by looking at files native to your machine, not the phone.
    2007-10-06 08:18 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD