User Tag List

I have a bunch of valid .m4r ringtones I downloaded from iPhone Ringtones

They all show up in my iTunes and I checked the box to sync all ringtones, but it doesn't happen. I also tried the sync only selected method, checking each of them and still nothing.

Am I missing a step?

My iPhone is not jailbroken and I'm on AT&T. Please don't tell me the missing step is to jailbreak... I'm not ready for that... yet (plus I don't think it's quite there for 3GS).

It must be something simple, but I can't figure it out.
    2009-06-29 12:00 PM
    It sounds like you've tried all the most common steps. Jailbreaking is definitely not required to sync ringtones. I don't know what the issue is. The only thing I can suggest is to use DiskAid (or similar) and manually try coping the ringtones over to : / > var > mobile > Media > iTunes_Control > Ringtones. It may not work as iTunes changes file names when syncing.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2009-06-29 12:39 PM
    It looks as though the files from that page are defaulting to the podcast folder. I can't get them to save to the Ringtones folder within iTunes. Since the podcast folder does not sync unless the correct items are selected under the podcasts tab in itunes, I was not getting my ringers on the phone... but I've selected the folder under that Podcasts tab now and all is well.

Like I said, dumb newbie question, obvious, etc.
    Last edited by shawnblog; 2009-06-29 at 01:38 PM.
    2009-06-29 01:26 PM
    Sweet! Interesting fix...
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2009-06-29 09:26 PM