I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I didn't see any other relative category.

I woke up this morning and hoped on my iPhone as I usually do, loaded Cydia and saw that there was an UltraSn0w update??

I'm kinda scared to update it a I rely on ultrasn0w to unlock my phone for my t-mo service. Has anyone else seen/gotten this and updated? ..or is it just mine?
    Attached Thumbnails Cydia - UltraSn0w update?-cydia.jpg  
    2009-07-08 04:37 PM
    dido. I was wondering the same.

the update is for it to work with the 3gs, at least I think it is.
    Last edited by owensdus; 2009-07-08 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-08 04:44 PM
    I'm wondering if anyone's updated and if any problems occured..

Can/should people with 3G's update it then, or should they just leave it alone? I'm checking the DEV Team website now but...not really seeing anything about an update or release of ultrasn0w for 3Gs
    Last edited by Nikez87; 2009-07-08 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-08 04:54 PM
    I think is has been discussed quite a bit, but it's worked beautifully for me.

Only difference might be that I activated with an AT&T SIM since I had one.... I also might have some extraneous steps, but it worked. Similar to most other guides out there.

Here's my experience...

1. Remove AT&T SIM, Insert T-Mobile SIM.
    2. Jailbreak with Purplera1n or Redsn0w.
    3. Turn off 3G.
    4. Installed Ultrasn0w 0.8 via Cydia
    5. Reboot Phone.
    6. Waited a couple minutes to see if Cell / Wifi were acting flaky.. they were.
    7. Reset all network settings.
    8. Turn ON airplane mode.
    9. Reboot Phone.
    10. Turn OFF airplane mode.
    11. Waited a couple minutes to see if Cell / Wifi were acting flaky.. signal for both dropped once after a minute or two, came back up, and stabilized.
    12. And they lived happily ever after (even after reboots, resprings, etc.)

I've done this on 2 phones, 1 with Purplera1n, 1 with Redsn0w. I'll be trying a virgin phone (never activated with AT&T) using only a T-Mo SIM tonight.

I'll report back if needed.

-TiNB
    2009-07-08 05:44 PM
    I think is has been discussed quite a bit, but it's worked beautifully for me.

Only difference might be that I activated with an AT&T SIM since I had one.... I also might have some extraneous steps, but it worked. Similar to most other guides out there.

Here's my experience...
    What does this have to do with there being an ultrasn0w update in Cydia???
    2009-07-08 06:05 PM
    Any news on this? I'm also a bit dubious on updating since everything seems to be working great. I did however, read a article about an update to UltraSn0w to fix the battery/wifi/etc issues with the 3gs. Anyway, I'm confused as to push forward or not. Any one attempted this update?
    2009-07-15 02:20 AM
    The update was for 3GS support. You can update if you want but it's not going to make much difference if you're on a 3G.
    2009-07-15 02:25 AM
    Really, I just have an OCD with staying up to date with Cydia apps....and that circular one next to the icon has been driving me nutz for some time.

Thanks again!
    2009-07-15 02:36 AM
    Thanks for the info. ThankED.
    2009-07-15 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD