User Tag List

Hello!

Loved having the neotech font for my iphone 3G:

Tried installing it for my new iPhone 3G S 3.0 but it messed it up and had to do a restore

Anyone using a new font on their 3G S 3.0 and its working perfectly? Could someone give me step by step instructions on how to use the neotech font (or another similar cool font) for 3.0?

Thanks!
    2009-07-14 06:06 PM
    what i did was copy the font files (.ttf), renamed them to whatever fonts you wanted to change

copy to /System/Library/Fonts/Cache via SSH... make sure you copy the "stock fonts" from the same folder BEFORE you place your NEW fonts there so you have a back up...

let me know if this works for you, worked flawlessly for me...
    2009-07-15 05:38 AM
    thanks PSYC0TIC ONE...

i was able to do some more investigating & found out how to do it!!!
    2009-07-15 08:50 PM
    Worked like a charm.
    2009-07-15 09:01 PM
    where can I get the font from -looks awesome
    2009-07-15 11:40 PM
    So let me get this straight: take a .ttf on my comp rename each letter/number to say "helvetica" and then resave the file and replace it in the font folder. BTW I am using neotech on my 3.0 iPod right now. But if I wanted to say change the "notes" font to something else, I would go about it this way?
    2009-07-16 12:26 AM
    So let me get this straight: take a .ttf on my comp rename each letter/number to say "helvetica" and then resave the file and replace it in the font folder. BTW I am using neotech on my 3.0 iPod right now. But if I wanted to say change the "notes" font to something else, I would go about it this way?
    as far as taking the fonts from your computer, i'm not sure about that one... would be interesting to try though...

as far as putting them into the above mentioned folder, just search through it, i'm sure the notes font would be changed in a similar way... JUST MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP WHAT IS CURRENTLY IN THE FOLDER!!!
    2009-07-16 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD