User Tag List

Hey,
    Having trouble getting my Itouch 2g. I can't get it to turn on or go into dfu mode. im on XP
    Just to note I completely know every DFU home & power button so please don't post this as a solution.

anyway the error message 'Hey,
    Having trouble getting my Itouch 2g. I can't get it to turn on or go into dfu mode. im on XP
    Just to note I completely know every DFU home & power button so please don't post this as a solution.

anyway the error message 'Could not proceed past 2.1.1 iBSS'

There has been a post on this before but no solution. Anyone got any ideas on what to do. Please im so stuck
    '

There has been a post on this before but no solution. Anyone got any ideas on what to do. Please im so stuck
    2009-07-18 04:51 PM
    What makes you so sure it's not in DFU mode? Is it not being detected by iTunes or the computer? Will it not accept any firmware if you wish to restore? Does it go into recovery mode?
    2009-07-19 02:10 PM
    What makes you so sure it's not in DFU mode? Is it not being detected by iTunes or the computer? Will it not accept any firmware if you wish to restore? Does it go into recovery mode?
    Well when i go into Booter to boot it back up it gives the error
    ] error: iPod not found.
    ] Could not proceed past 2.1.1 iBSS

its the same error as if its not recieving it.

I've also tried it on a vista, with 4 different cables.

DFU isn't noticed by itunes or redsn0w's booter (to start it back up on the semi thethered)
    Last edited by gav4now; 2009-07-19 at 09:08 PM.
    2009-07-19 08:54 PM
    If that's the case, then it's a problem of the computer (unless the device doesn't want to be seen electronically). When did this start? Did something go wrong with the device to make this problem occur?
    2009-07-20 02:25 PM
    If that's the case, then it's a problem of the computer (unless the device doesn't want to be seen electronically). When did this start? Did something go wrong with the device to make this problem occur?
    I was in Facebook app and it wouldn't go home for me. It was just blinking white for a second and going back so it wasnt reacting.
    then when i turned it off couldnt turn it back on again.
    2009-07-20 05:01 PM
    an update for anyone who searches for this. I had to send it back to apple but they didnt find the jailbreak on it.
    2009-07-26 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD