Hello

I have a 2g iphone with 2.2 OS that used quickpwn to jailbreak and unlock. I also have a 3g iphone with 3.0 OS that used redsn0w 0.8 to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlock.

Starting on July 17th both phones couldn't launch Cydia anymore for some reason. I searched here and the net and found 2 possible fixes.

1) Props to [ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210765]A fix (that worked) to Cydia 3.0 crashing when loading - iPod touch Fans forum[/ame] for this particular one. Using either SSH or iphonebrowser (i prefer iphonebrowser) go to the following location and delete everything except for the partial folder

var/lib/apt/lists

2) Some people are also reporting that if you go to var/lib/dpkg/updates and delete the files in there it works as well however i didn't have any in EITHER PHONE so i used method 1 to fix my crashing issue. I will update this thread if it begins to start crashing again.

Let me know if you have questions
    2009-07-19 07:08 AM
    thx dude, this is save me. I have the same problem and in my cydia log i have:

2009-07-19 08:24:49.792 Cydia_[168:613] Setting Language: en
    cache_.Open():[Encountered a section with no Package: header]
    _assert(2:false)@Cydia.mm:3203[-[Database reloadData]]

and when i delete the lists everything is fine. Thx
    2009-07-19 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD