User Tag List

the problem is... there are usually 2 app folders... one that is private/var/stash/applications and the others that you d/l from app store are located in private/var/mobile/applications

it seems like the ones that are in stash will work fine... but the ones you d/l from apple store won't work...

not sure how to fix it... appreciate your feedback!
    Based on what you are saying...you are looking in the wrong place. You need to placing your colored orb icons in:

/private/var/stash/Themes.ai3fWU/G.O.C. PRO.theme/Icons

...or using the same tree...go to any theme folder and find the icon folder...that is where changes should be made and/or icons dropped with the correct file name.

This is what others have been trying to help you with. It is highly advisable not to mess with the original installed file system as you would need to do a complete restore to fix errors. If you only mess and experiment with themes then your iPhone system is still pure and you only have to reinstall the theme if you mess it up.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2009-09-18 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Updated to address TV's post
    2009-09-18 10:11 PM
    thanks [email protected] guess I should have been more specific

EDIT: he's probably not referring to GOC PRO however....
    Last edited by toyvan; 2009-09-18 at 10:30 PM.
    2009-09-18 10:28 PM
    Can I have this icon made for GF Caller? Also what about Dexter the Game?
    Attached Thumbnails **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-pics-0301.jpg  
    2009-09-18 11:28 PM
    Can I have this icon made for GF Caller? Also what about Dexter the Game?

fyi, I already made this one and sent it to stillbrad just in case he didn't want his GF all over everyone else's phone...or did u??!!
    lol
    2009-09-18 11:55 PM
    Hey can I please get this
    Attached Images **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-run-.png 
    2009-09-19 01:00 AM
    Can I please get Dexter??? Thanks..
    Attached Images **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-dexter.png 
    2009-09-19 03:25 AM
    Hey can I please get this
    Can I please get Dexter??? Thanks..
    here u go..
    Attached Images **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-dexter.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-run-.png 
    Last edited by toyvan; 2009-09-19 at 04:49 AM.
    2009-09-19 04:47 AM
    @showstopper, would you be so kind an make me an icon for the two attached? Thanks in advance.

I cannot get the original icons, but if you can make them with these icons, would be cool.
    if showstopper doesn't get to them before me, I'll do them tomorrow...
    2009-09-19 04:53 AM
    Based on what you are saying...you are looking in the wrong place. You need to placing your colored orb icons in:

/private/var/stash/Themes.ai3fWU/G.O.C. PRO.theme/Icons

...or using the same tree...go to any theme folder and find the icon folder...that is where changes should be made and/or icons dropped with the correct file name.

This is what others have been trying to help you with. It is highly advisable not to mess with the original installed file system as you would need to do a complete restore to fix errors. If you only mess and experiment with themes then your iPhone system is still pure and you only have to reinstall the theme if you mess it up.

Hope that helps
    thanks for the tip, but how would you know how to rename the icon in the glass orb color theme folder? cause all icons in the GOC folder have their app name assigned.

for example> ibattery pro app
    it could be:

iBatteryPro.png
    battery.png
    BatteryPro.png
    ibatterypro.png

etc etc... and if i look into the app folder directly it only has icon.png

sorry if this is a stupid question or it has already been answered before... i just started theming a few days ago
    2009-09-19 07:56 AM
    thanks for the tip, but how would you know how to rename the icon in the glass orb color theme folder? cause all icons in the GOC folder have their app name assigned.

for example> ibattery pro app
    it could be:

iBatteryPro.png
    battery.png
    BatteryPro.png
    ibatterypro.png

etc etc... and if i look into the app folder directly it only has icon.png

sorry if this is a stupid question or it has already been answered before... i just started theming a few days ago
    Welcome to the theme world!

Ok...to do my ssh tasks I use WinSCP which allows me access to all folders and allows renaming but lacks the ability to see icons and/or wallpapers within the program.

To work with icons and wallpapers I was using iFunBox but with iTunes 9 it is now broke and will not work. The plus about iFunBox was that I could visually see what I was doing and it allowed me to rename icons and wallpapers but is does not allow you to ssh in and rewrite code and now its broke. UPDATE: iFunBox has been updated and now works again...update located HERE

There is another one out there that allows visual work but cant remember it off hand.

Once you drill down to the icon folder within the Glass Orb Colored theme folder, right click on the icon you want to change and select rename. Add a 1 to the end of the name and save it. Then you can take your new icon that you want to use and rename it to the exact same name as the one you just named but without the number. You must rename EXACTLY with UPPER and lower case, all spaces and/or symbols...it has to be exact.

You can also just delete the icon you want to replace or pull it out and drop it on your desktop and save for a rainy day. Or you can just drop your renamed icon into the icon folder and it will ask do you want to replace the same named icon...select yes and it will override the old one. Just remember that each update that is released will remove your custom icons and you will have to put them back in after the update. So save a BACKUP of your custom icons and sounds. I have a backup icon folder and a UISounds folder of what my prefs are...when the theme is updated I pull the new Icon and UISound folder out of the theme...drop my own custom in and then search through the updates to see if there is anything I want to pull out and put in my own custom folders.

I know I gave you more then you asked for but hopefully it helps you get to where you need to be.

Good LUCK!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2009-09-19 at 02:23 PM.
    2009-09-19 01:36 PM
    Help me!
    Is there someone who can tell me why the numbers in my display are cutted in the highest part?
    Thank you in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-img_0169.png  
    2009-09-19 03:53 PM
    Because you changed your font and it does not fit in the window. Go back to default font and I bet your problem is fixed
    2009-09-19 03:56 PM
    Another request... Blades of Fury
    Attached Images **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-bladesoffury.png 
    2009-09-19 05:03 PM
    Because you changed your font and it does not fit in the window. Go back to default font and I bet your problem is fixed
    Yes all resolved
    Thank
    2009-09-19 05:28 PM
    hey,
    i need this icons, Thanks

2009-09-19 05:36 PM
    @showstopper, would you be so kind an make me an icon for the two attached? Thanks in advance.

I cannot get the original icons, but if you can make them with these icons, would be cool.
    Another request... Blades of Fury

here u go + an extra if anyone needs..

hey,
    i need this icons, Thanks

all these need to be named exactly how they appear on ur phone..after u do this u can re-attach
    Attached Images **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-20-minuten.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-blades.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-madden-nfl.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-teletext.png 
    2009-09-19 07:03 PM
    Mwaahs to Toyvan!! I'm still loving this theme, the only one so far that I've not bored after a few days!!

Lady C
    2009-09-19 07:52 PM
    TV: I just wanted to say that I think it is much better now that you're posting your created icons right in the forum. I've just been able to breeze through and grab the icons I need very easily. Thanks!
    2009-09-19 08:12 PM
    fail...
    Last edited by straight; 2009-09-20 at 11:00 AM.
    2009-09-19 08:48 PM
    Just wondering if someone might be able to make a few icons for me.....

**Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-bjcardcounter.jpg **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-dragon.jpg **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-fox-sports.jpg

**Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-freezeframe.jpg **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-livestrong.jpg **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-mafia.jpg

**Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-mbox-mail.jpg **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-parkinglot.jpg **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-snowboard.jpg

**Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-subway.jpg **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-undead.jpg **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-21-pro.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks in advance....
    Last edited by melvin1010; 2009-09-20 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Fixed Icon Names
    2009-09-19 09:26 PM
4,267 ... 3644454647485696146 ...