Mwaahs to Toyvan!! I'm still loving this theme, the only one so far that I've not bored after a few days!!

Lady C
    Thanks Lady C...if u love this one, than u better check out GOC PRO! u'll love it so much it just might hurt! lol

TV: I just wanted to say that I think it is much better now that you're posting your created icons right in the forum. I've just been able to breeze through and grab the icons I need very easily. Thanks!

yea, I gave in to the pressure

Here are all Icons with the original names

requested_icons.rar

Thanks

thanks, much better...

Just wondering if someone might be able to make a few icons for me......

Just wanted to say thanks in advance....

these all need to be renamed correctly...
    Last edited by toyvan; 2009-09-20 at 12:37 AM.
    2009-09-19 11:15 PM
    Yes they all have the correct names.....Cheers
    2009-09-20 12:14 AM
    Yes they all have the correct names.....Cheers
    no they don't...they all have names such as "347agja.jpg"..I doubt that is the correct name
    2009-09-20 12:38 AM
    this might be the dumbest question of them all BUT.... you wouldnt happen to have a list of what you have done would you??? cause i would like to download more but not just ramdomly...
    2009-09-20 12:46 AM
    Sorry....I named them what they are on the phone....like I hold down an icon to delete it and got the name that way.....Sorry
    2009-09-20 01:00 AM
    this might be the dumbest question of them all BUT.... you wouldnt happen to have a list of what you have done would you??? cause i would like to download more but not just ramdomly...
    Look at post 919 it was just posted...did you look?
    2009-09-20 01:03 AM
    Welcome to the theme world!

Ok...to do my ssh tasks I use WinSCP which allows me access to all folders and allows renaming but lacks the ability to see icons and/or wallpapers within the program.

To work with icons and wallpapers I was using iFunBox but with iTunes 9 it is now broke and will not work. The plus about iFunBox was that I could visually see what I was doing and it allowed me to rename icons and wallpapers but is does not allow you to ssh in and rewrite code and now its broke. UPDATE: iFunBox has been updated and now works again...update located HERE

There is another one out there that allows visual work but cant remember it off hand.

Once you drill down to the icon folder within the Glass Orb Colored theme folder, right click on the icon you want to change and select rename. Add a 1 to the end of the name and save it. Then you can take your new icon that you want to use and rename it to the exact same name as the one you just named but without the number. You must rename EXACTLY with UPPER and lower case, all spaces and/or symbols...it has to be exact.

You can also just delete the icon you want to replace or pull it out and drop it on your desktop and save for a rainy day. Or you can just drop your renamed icon into the icon folder and it will ask do you want to replace the same named icon...select yes and it will override the old one. Just remember that each update that is released will remove your custom icons and you will have to put them back in after the update. So save a BACKUP of your custom icons and sounds. I have a backup icon folder and a UISounds folder of what my prefs are...when the theme is updated I pull the new Icon and UISound folder out of the theme...drop my own custom in and then search through the updates to see if there is anything I want to pull out and put in my own custom folders.

I know I gave you more then you asked for but hopefully it helps you get to where you need to be.

Good LUCK!
    thanks for the detailed info tristan!
    i use total commander with t-pot plugin and it allows me to navigate and do all the stuff i want... just like winscp so that's not a problem... but i will give ifunbox a try and see if it's user-friendlier

but i don't think you got my point... for example i have the application ibattery pro... inside the GOC icon folder there is no icon for it... so i thought i would just take another icon and use it for ibattery pro... but how? since there is no icon for it in the GOC icon folder i can't possibly know how to rename it...

it could be battery.png or batterypro.png or ibattery.png etc etc you get the idea... so what should i rename it into?

of course, i could copy paste the GOC icon and place it inside ibattery pro app folder and replace icon.png
    but this gives me the problem with the black background around the orb...

sorry if i didn't make myself clear on my last post xD
    2009-09-20 08:29 PM
    thanks for the detailed info tristan!
    i use total commander with t-pot plugin and it allows me to navigate and do all the stuff i want... just like winscp so that's not a problem... but i will give ifunbox a try and see if it's user-friendlier

but i don't think you got my point... for example i have the application ibattery pro... inside the GOC icon folder there is no icon for it... so i thought i would just take another icon and use it for ibattery pro... but how? since there is no icon for it in the GOC icon folder i can't possibly know how to rename it...

it could be battery.png or batterypro.png or ibattery.png etc etc you get the idea... so what should i rename it into?

of course, i could copy paste the GOC icon and place it inside ibattery pro app folder and replace icon.png

Hmmm...I think to get you where you need to be is just go to Cydia and install "Glass Orb Colored Battery" if nothing else, it will show you how it works and give you the .png file names. There is not a specific one .png though, its a series of .png that give a different battery level. I believe this is why you cant find a specific file.

Hope that helps
    2009-09-20 09:00 PM
    com.apple.mobilephone question:
    I remade the speaker and mute icons and made them 75x80 but they don't line up right, how is this done?

And how do I upload pictures into this thread?
    Last edited by Sniper488; 2009-09-21 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-21 04:00 AM
    Hey I'd like to have those icons made please

-Canadiens
    -CFLDirect
    -Colloquy
    -Mixology
    -StandOFood
    -Lux DLX
    -iStudiez Pro
    -STM mobile
    -TD Finder
    Attached Thumbnails **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-canadiens.gif   **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-cfl.jpg   **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-colloquy.png   **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-mixology.png  
    Attached Images **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-317805174icon-57x57.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-icon100x100.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-istudiez-pro.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-stm-mobile.jpg **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-td-finder.png 
    Last edited by HarryI; 2009-09-21 at 07:06 AM.
    2009-09-21 07:01 AM
    Oh and this one too.

-Corus radio
    Attached Images **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-corus-radio.png 
    Last edited by HarryI; 2009-09-21 at 07:06 AM.
    2009-09-21 07:04 AM
    Hmmm...I think to get you where you need to be is just go to Cydia and install "Glass Orb Colored Battery" if nothing else, it will show you how it works and give you the .png file names. There is not a specific one .png though, its a series of .png that give a different battery level. I believe this is why you cant find a specific file.

Hope that helps
    hehe i think this is another misunderstanding... perhaps i shouldn't have used ibattery pro as an example... it's just an app that shows the exact battery level... the app is working without problems... my concern is the orb icon on the springboard... the orb is ok and all... but it's on a black squared background...

if the app is not in the GOC theme icon folder... how can you replace it?

2009-09-21 09:00 AM
    Oh and this one too.

-Corus radio
    Here you go.
    Attached Images **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-317805174icon-57x57.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-canadiens.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-cfl.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-colloquy.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-corus-20radio.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-icon100x100.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-istudiez-20pro.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-mixology.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-stm-20mobile.png **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-td-20finder.png 
    Hey dont post thanks if I helped you. There's a button for that.
    2009-09-21 01:49 PM
    Here are 100 icons I made.

Download via SkyDrive [zip]

NOTE
    Some icons must to be renamed to correct name which is displayed on the Home screen.
    Some icons will replace existing files. Please beware to overwrite.
    Japanese icons are included and may be garbled on your PC.
    (But these apps needs their Japanese names at any time.)

If you like some of theme, use freely and enjoy.
    Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-09092905.png   **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-09092906.png  
    2009-09-21 03:00 PM
    no they don't...they all have names such as "347agja.jpg"..I doubt that is the correct name
    Ok I hope I finally fixed the icons with the correct names....
    2009-09-21 03:14 PM

all u have to do is go into library/themes/glass orb color.theme/Icons...any of the icons located there can be renamed, so u can rename one to iBattery Pro.png and once u respring it will show up on ur springboard...however, if u just post ur icon request here in the thread u can get one made for iBattery Pro..make sure u read the first post on how to do this

Ok I hope I finally fixed the icons with the correct names....
    where did u post them? EDIT: found em..
    Last edited by toyvan; 2009-09-21 at 05:56 PM.
    2009-09-21 05:52 PM
    ESPN Radio anyone.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-espn-radio.jpg  
    2009-09-21 05:53 PM
    all u have to do is go into library/themes/glass orb color.theme/Icons...any of the icons located there can be renamed, so u can rename one to iBattery Pro.png and once u respring it will show up on ur springboard...however, if u just post ur icon request here in the thread u can get one made for iBattery Pro..make sure u read the first post on how to do this
    finally got it to work, it seems like some icons are not named according to the app... God knows why... so after trying 10 times for each app i nailed the right one... haha!

got all icons working, great theme! and great help
    2009-09-21 06:00 PM
    finally got it to work, it seems like some icons are not named according to the app... God knows why... so after trying 10 times for each app i nailed the right one... haha!

got all icons working, great theme! and great help

Glad u got it figured out ...there are definitely some apps that are not named correctly and that is why I have always stressed the importance of giving the correct app names when requesting icons..however, this doesn't always happen and I don't have the time or energy to confirm and found out the correct names etc..
    2009-09-21 06:23 PM
    My theme!
    Attached Thumbnails **Glass Orb Color** Theme By ToyVan-mytheme.jpg  
    2009-09-21 06:56 PM
4,267 ... 3745464748495797147 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD