First...Thank you ahead of time to all who help me!!! I've created my own theme folder. My issue is that I want my Home Screen Background and my Lock Screen background to be 2 different Images. I've read forum after forum, modded my phone all different ways according to suggestions with no luck. I tried everything I could find before having to make a post.
    I took a theme I downloaded and followed the structure with my own images. The entire theme works including sliders except for my MobileSMS background and my lockscreen background.

Here's what I have:
    iPhone 3G OS 3.0 jailbroken but NOT unlocked.
    I use iFuntastic to SSH into my phone.

I've created my Theme folder as follows:
    root/Library/Themes/Jen's Complete Theme
    Lockscreen Issue with not showing in Custom Theme-untitled.jpg(I hope the image is big enough to see)
    Within the theme folder in addition to the folders above I have also these files:
    Wallpaper.png, LockBackground.png, SMSBackground.png, Dock.png, StatusBar.png, and Info.plist).
    Hope I provided enough info to clearly understand...(maybe not).
    Can anyone help me get my SMS and Lockscreen backgrounds to also show?
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
    2009-07-29 01:32 AM
    If you have your png files in the folder that says images, that might be why. I put mine right inside the theme folder by themselves. Also I have not tried putting my themes where you have yours. I put mine in root/private/var/stash/themes and my backgrounds all show up fine. Now if you are changing the lockclock color then it will make the lockscreen wallpaper disapear.
    2009-07-30 07:05 AM
    hey wickedfx you helped me with the lockscreen clock haha thanks for that but the thing that bothers me is the battery charging wont show now if yo knwo something for that please help hah, and also where she put it and where you put it is the exact same themes folder it's jsut another way to get there but as for thisss person... all i can say is smsbackgrounds don't work i don't think on 3.0 but maybe i did find something that might allow it but i havn't tried it yet haha and as for the lockbackground try putting it in your theme with the name as LockBackground.png instead of a picture it'self in the themes folder. or you might try rearanging them so that the lockscreen image is above the theme in winterboard itself
    2009-07-30 09:42 PM
    hey wickedfx you helped me with the lockscreen clock haha thanks for that but the thing that bothers me is the battery charging wont show now if yo knwo something for that please help hah, and also where she put it and where you put it is the exact same themes folder it's jsut another way to get there but as for thisss person... all i can say is smsbackgrounds don't work i don't think on 3.0 but maybe i did find something that might allow it but i havn't tried it yet haha and as for the lockbackground try putting it in your theme with the name as LockBackground.png instead of a picture it'self in the themes folder. or you might try rearanging them so that the lockscreen image is above the theme in winterboard itself
    Ok...thanks for the help... I did fix my issue with the Lockbackground. I had Notifier Widget activated in Winterboard and it's not compatible. I actually uninstalled it and now my lockscreen has a different image than my homescreen.
    Santaf....
    Thank you... you are correct... upon further reading today I have come to the conclusion that smsbackgrounds doesn't work with 3.0. It doesn't look like anyone has found where the images are located on the iphone. I searched alot of files on iphonebrowser with no luck. I was able to fix my SMS bubbles to my custom ones though.
    Just a thought but maybe your battery charging not showing is maybe due to something like notifier widget also. My battery was also not showing either but the lockscreen prob was my priority. I hope your battery problem is something simple like mine was.
    2009-07-31 04:09 AM
    Ok...thanks for the help... I did fix my issue with the Lockbackground. I had Notifier Widget activated in Winterboard and it's not compatible. I actually uninstalled it and now my lockscreen has a different image than my homescreen.
    Santaf....
    Thank you... you are correct... upon further reading today I have come to the conclusion that smsbackgrounds doesn't work with 3.0. It doesn't look like anyone has found where the images are located on the iphone. I searched alot of files on iphonebrowser with no luck. I was able to fix my SMS bubbles to my custom ones though.
    Just a thought but maybe your battery charging not showing is maybe due to something like notifier widget also. My battery was also not showing either but the lockscreen prob was my priority. I hope your battery problem is something simple like mine was.
    im glad you figured yours out but yeah my battery thing is because what i did to change my lockclock color and still have a background which wickedfx actualy helped me with was to make a widget which is what you had but have the widget call for an image and so it also takes that image and displays it only since it's a widget it covers the battery thing so it is like yours but without the widget i can't change the color of the lockscreen clock but thanks
    2009-07-31 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD