i didn't get any comments on my rendition of coloring the icons to give it a different look if anyone is interested. So here are all the colors i came up with so far for the icons to brighten things up a bit:
    Attached Images [RELEASE] iSatin-aqua.png [RELEASE] iSatin-black.png [RELEASE] iSatin-blue.png [RELEASE] iSatin-gray.png [RELEASE] iSatin-green.png [RELEASE] iSatin-orange.png [RELEASE] iSatin-pink.png [RELEASE] iSatin-purple.png [RELEASE] iSatin-red.png [RELEASE] iSatin-white.png 
    2009-10-13 07:56 AM
    Hi zausser, thanks for this amazing theme. I just jailbroke my 3.1.2 iPhone and this was the first theme that caught my eye. I will admit though, I'm new to customizing iPhone themes and so far I have spent about 2 hours going over your instructions trying to get everything set up correctly.

I downloaded the iSatin Carbon 1.2 theme from Cydia and installed 5 Icon Dock, 5 column Springboard, SpringJumps, Categories, iBlank, and BlankNull. I'm getting close as you can see from the attached screenshot but the problems I have is I can't get the iSatinSBS Carbon 1.0 theme to take. It doesn't show up in my Winterboard, and my SBS settings is still using the defaut theme, even after a respring and reboot of the phone.

My second question is, as you can see from the pic, I was unable to get the apple logo on page 1, and the www logo on page 5. Any help would be much appreciated.

Other than that, I think I'm in business. I'm still learning how to add apps to the categories icons I created (iPhone, Games, Apps, Misc). I haven't added any yet. Also, which of the .zip files from page 1 of this thread do I still need to download that weren't included in the Cydia download? Thanks again.

2009-10-13 07:57 AM
    go into sbsettings and click more on the bottom left, then go into manage themes and you'll see the sbsettings themes you can choose from. when you pick the one you want(carbon in this case), click Home button and it'll respring and you'll have the new SBS theme=) As for the apple and www pages....looks like you are either missing them from the icon pack or didn't add them to it.
    Last edited by iphonerookie; 2009-10-13 at 08:09 AM.
    2009-10-13 08:03 AM
    Thanks iphonerookie, I didn't even see the more button in sbsettings. It's working great now and looks fantanstic. As for the apple and www categories icon, I'm referring to the icon just above the joystick on pages 1 and 5.
    2009-10-13 08:10 AM
    ^Nope, he's missing the icons on the right column on page 1 and 5
    Are you familiar with SSHing into your phone?

As far as what is on the first post downloads, not sure what is different from the Cydia download. I would just get them and take a look and see if you want to mix and match. May be more there than Cydia.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-10-13 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-13 08:13 AM
    Yes, I am able to SSH into my phone. I'm about to copy the 700 icons over now. Any idea which folder they go in?
    2009-10-13 08:16 AM
    The icon should be separated into springboard and categories ((I believe as Z posted last nite that he revised the icon pack)). Springboard icons will just go in the icons folder in the theme root folder and it will depend on how you have your phone set up for the categories icons really.
    2009-10-13 08:26 AM
    The Icons show in this screenshot are the Categories Icons... FYI
    i copied in the icons that didnt have _cat after them

that correct ?
    2009-10-13 08:26 AM
    ^ if they were made by me, I had just set up the action and they may be named wrong so you will want to double check them.
    2009-10-13 08:29 AM
    I figured out the problem with the Apple logo in page 1. I had named IPhone instead of iPhone. Renaming the folder fixed the issue. Now if I can just figure out what zausser used for that www icon on page 5.
    2009-10-13 08:40 AM
    ^ if you downloaded from the first page there should be set up pages there you can look at.
    2009-10-13 09:30 AM
    I figured out the problem with the Apple logo in page 1. I had named IPhone instead of iPhone. Renaming the folder fixed the issue. Now if I can just figure out what zausser used for that www icon on page 5.
    Here's page 5
    Attached Images [RELEASE] iSatin-icon5.png 
    2009-10-13 10:01 AM
    Hi zausser, thanks for this amazing theme. I just jailbroke my 3.1.2 iPhone and this was the first theme that caught my eye. I will admit though, I'm new to customizing iPhone themes and so far I have spent about 2 hours going over your instructions trying to get everything set up correctly.

I downloaded the iSatin Carbon 1.2 theme from Cydia and installed 5 Icon Dock, 5 column Springboard, SpringJumps, Categories, iBlank, and BlankNull. I'm getting close as you can see from the attached screenshot but the problems I have is I can't get the iSatinSBS Carbon 1.0 theme to take. It doesn't show up in my Winterboard, and my SBS settings is still using the defaut theme, even after a respring and reboot of the phone.

My second question is, as you can see from the pic, I was unable to get the apple logo on page 1, and the www logo on page 5. Any help would be much appreciated.

Other than that, I think I'm in business. I'm still learning how to add apps to the categories icons I created (iPhone, Games, Apps, Misc). I haven't added any yet. Also, which of the .zip files from page 1 of this thread do I still need to download that weren't included in the Cydia download? Thanks again.

Hi... Thanks for choosing Carbon for the first theme to your jailbroken phone.

And thanks to blkcadi and iphonerookie for helping out. love you guys/girls!

Your screen shots look great. You have Carbon set up like intended.

Ok... onward

page5 does not have a wifi icon. That's why you can't set it. You have your wifi springjump to page 5 set correct on page 1. The wife and starred pages don't have a categories folder.

If you have more weblinks that fit on the wifi page this is what I do. Use the wifi icon that blkcadi posted and make that a page7 springjump. name the new icon Icon.png and put it in the shortcut 7 folder. Place that new springjump on page 5. Then make a copy of the Page5.png that is found in the main folder of the theme and name that Page7.png. This will give you two pages of weblinks. If you need a third page just do the same for page8.

You have your page titles still showing on top of the pages. You may know this but if not.... Go into springjumps and turn off page titles.

Also Try out the theme font for use with FontSwap. The theme font and read me can be found in the iSatin theme download on the first post of this thread.

If you need those icons made just post a screenshot with all themes unchecked in Winterboard or supply the correct names (spelling caps) and one of the many helpful folks here will get them for you.

Edit... Also download the Carbon theme from the first post. Inside that download you'll find the Categories loading and backgrounds for the 4 folders you created. That is is you haven't done that already.

Thanks again and please let us know if you have any more questions.

Last edited by zausser; 2009-10-13 at 11:50 AM.
    2009-10-13 11:28 AM
    Hi zausser, thank you for the quick and informative reply. I am at work now but I will be sure to spend some more time on it this evening when I get home.

Just so you guys know, I used the instructions that were in the Carbon.zip file located here. I dind't understand step 6 which referred to renaming Springjump Icon.png files. What does that do? Step 7 says to SSH the carbon.theme which I don't think applys to me since I downloaded it though Cydia and it's already there. Step 8 says to place Carbon above the iSatin theme with them both checked. I don't have iSatin in my Winterboard so not sure what that means.

Other than that, I will go over the instructions in your previous post when I have time to play with this some more. Thanks again guys for all your help. I'm sure I'll have more questions later.
    2009-10-13 04:45 PM
    i didn't get any comments on my rendition of coloring the icons to give it a different look if anyone is interested. So here are all the colors i came up with so far for the icons to brighten things up a bit:
    I think they look great!! Wish i could use 'em.
    2009-10-13 04:50 PM
    Hi zausser, thank you for the quick and informative reply. I am at work now but I will be sure to spend some more time on it this evening when I get home.

Just so you guys know, I used the instructions that were in the Carbon.zip file located here. I dind't understand step 6 which referred to renaming Springjump Icon.png files. What does that do? Step 7 says to SSH the carbon.theme which I don't think applys to me since I downloaded it though Cydia and it's already there. Step 8 says to place Carbon above the iSatin theme with them both checked. I don't have iSatin in my Winterboard so not sure what that means.

Other than that, I will go over the instructions in your previous post when I have time to play with this some more. Thanks again guys for all your help. I'm sure I'll have more questions later.
    don't put the themes from here in your phone.... Use what you have from Cydia. Don't worry about the springjumps as you already have them on your device. Auto install from Cydia.

The Cydia Carbon does NOT need iSatin. That's only for theme downloaded HERE.

All that you need if you want is the font for fontswap from the iSatin download and the Categories loading and backgrounds from the Carbon download.

If you have photoshop the icon psd is in the iSatin download.

Let me know if you understand. Thanks
    2009-10-13 04:51 PM
    Cirtess....hey man why can't u use the colored versions? I can send u the entire icon pack 6 with all the icons colorized to any one of the colors I poster or just post the actions up. Lmk what you would like.
    2009-10-13 07:46 PM
    CAN ANYONE HEEEEELLLLLLLPPPP MMEEEEEEEEE!!!???!!!
    i decided to upgrade to 3.1.2 with blackrain and it worked, cydia worked. i backed up my whole themes folder so that i wouldnt have to adjust my theme after the jailbreak, but when i go to my ssh program it says that my phone is not jailbroken "no afc2 service found"... can anyone point me the right direction so that i can have my icarbon theme back? this plain phone suuuuuuuucckksss!!!
    The General has landed
    2009-10-13 07:58 PM
    Cirtess....hey man why can't u use the colored versions? I can send u the entire icon pack 6 with all the icons colorized to any one of the colors I poster or just post the actions up. Lmk what you would like.

Problem resolved..I had to SSH the springjump icons to the main icon folder not the applications folder. Thanks, the blue rocks...using just the blue home button and the blue star to make em stand out a bit.

CAN ANYONE HEEEEELLLLLLLPPPP MMEEEEEEEEE!!!???!!!
    i decided to upgrade to 3.1.2 with blackrain and it worked, cydia worked. i backed up my whole themes folder so that i wouldnt have to adjust my theme after the jailbreak, but when i go to my ssh program it says that my phone is not jailbroken "no afc2 service found"... can anyone point me the right direction so that i can have my icarbon theme back? this plain phone suuuuuuuucckksss!!!

OUCH!!! Thats why I'm not moving from 3.0 till a real compelling reason comes along.
    Last edited by Cirtess; 2009-10-13 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-13 10:02 PM
    Yes, I want the fonts and the categories backgrounds and loading screen. I'll be home in a couple hours and that's the first thing I will do. For the fonts, do I need to download fontswap? What font are you using for this theme? Also, is there a bluetooth app yet for the 3gs that will allow me to send and receive files from my friends phones?
    2009-10-13 11:23 PM
6,493 ... 545535455565765105155 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD