Anyone make Rock Band yet?
    2009-10-20 10:52 PM
    for myself i did...I've just been greedy and haven't shared lol here ya go!
    Attached Images [RELEASE] iSatin-rock-band.png 
    2009-10-20 11:00 PM
    You're awesome! What about super knock out? The one posted earlier is off center and doesn't look right. Thanks again!
    2009-10-20 11:20 PM
    Icon for Thundergod please
    Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] iSatin-photo.jpg  
    2009-10-20 11:37 PM
    I'm having an odd problem with the springjumps icons. I tried to replace one of them with one I made myself, and no matter what I do it wont change the icon.

I even deleted the icon.png from the _shortcut_5.app folder and resprung, but the icon that was there before persists. How do I change the icon
    Look in your main icon folder...scrol down to page0,page1 so on...change icon there.
    2009-10-20 11:39 PM
    Icon for Thundergod please
    here ya go.
    Attached Images [RELEASE] iSatin-thundergod.png [RELEASE] iSatin-thundergod_alt.png 
    2009-10-20 11:42 PM
    Well after testing out my live weather icon theme for iSatin/Carbon for the last several days, I've finally decided to release it. I believe I worked out all the bugs in it w/the alignment issues I was having, so now time for you all to enjoy it as well. I'm sure that (and hope that) Zausser will take this and post it on the first page of the thread so everyone coming in can find it easily so it doesn't get lost amongst all these pages.

Below is the artwork I've made up to give you a preview of the weather icon on the springboard, as well as 7 alternate icon styles both for day and night use in the theme. I've included a README in the download in the Alternate Icon Styles folder so please be sure to read that if you want to change any icons so you know what to name them and where to place them in the them.

One other note I'd like to mention is that I although I made alternate icons, they may make it more difficult to read the temperature text. I haven't tested all of the alternates to see which ones hinder the appearance of the temperature text, so you'll have to experience that on your own. I guess if you have a problem w/an icon I can darken up the bottom half where the temperature text is displayed to hopefully allow it to be read more easily, but we'll cross that bridge when/if we come to it.

I'm sure I'll tweak this more, and I am also willing to take icon requests for day/night icons. So if you have a picture you'd like put on an icon for day and/or night, please be sure to let me know and I'll make that for you then add it to the Alternate Icon Styles pack for others in the future.

Now I've rambled enough.....I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, it adds a nice subtle touch to the springboard and I'm proud of my work lol=)

iSatin/Carbon Weather Icon:

Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] iSatin-isatincarbonweathericon.png  
    Attached Files
    2009-10-21 12:03 AM
    for myself i did...I've just been greedy and haven't shared lol here ya go!
    Post 1258 has the Categories Rock Band icon too.

Look in your main icon folder...scrol down to page0,page1 so on...change icon there.
    This is correct. The Cydia themes have the SpringJump Icons in the main theme Icon Folder. named as noted above... Sorry if this has confused anyone.
    Last edited by zausser; 2009-10-21 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-21 12:15 AM
    Well after testing out my live weather icon theme for iSatin/Carbon for the last several days, I've finally decided to release it. I believe I worked out all the bugs in it w/the alignment issues I was having, so now time for you all to enjoy it as well. I'm sure that (and hope that) Zausser will take this and post it on the first page of the thread so everyone coming in can find it easily so it doesn't get lost amongst all these pages.

Below is the artwork I've made up to give you a preview of the weather icon on the springboard, as well as 7 alternate icon styles both for day and night use in the theme. I've included a README in the download in the Alternate Icon Styles folder so please be sure to read that if you want to change any icons so you know what to name them and where to place them in the them.

One other note I'd like to mention is that I although I made alternate icons, they may make it more difficult to read the temperature text. I haven't tested all of the alternates to see which ones hinder the appearance of the temperature text, so you'll have to experience that on your own. I guess if you have a problem w/an icon I can darken up the bottom half where the temperature text is displayed to hopefully allow it to be read more easily, but we'll cross that bridge when/if we come to it.

I'm sure I'll tweak this more, and I am also willing to take icon requests for day/night icons. So if you have a picture you'd like put on an icon for day and/or night, please be sure to let me know and I'll make that for you then add it to the Alternate Icon Styles pack for others in the future.

Now I've rambled enough.....I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, it adds a nice subtle touch to the springboard and I'm proud of my work lol=)

iSatin/Carbon Weather Icon:

Nice work. Do I just take that bundles folder and drop it into the isatin theme folder or somewhere else?

thanks.
    2009-10-21 12:30 AM
    you can just drop the whole iSatin WeatherIcon.theme folder w/everything in it into your themes folder in private/var/stash and then open winterboard, check it, and let it respring, that way you can toggle that on and off when you want. Otherwise yes...you can take everything in the Bundles/com.apple.springboard folder and drop it all into the iSatin Bundles/com.apple.springboard folder if you dont want to have a it as a separate theme in Winterboard.
    2009-10-21 12:36 AM
    Looks cool but I can't get it to work. Is there something else that needs to be updated?
    2009-10-21 12:43 AM
    did you download "weathericon" from cydia? make sure you have the http://david.ashman.com/beta/ and http://david.ashman.com/apt/ sources added. After you download that, then the theme will work. Sorry, I assumed everyone knew about Cydia's weathericon tweak beforehand. This is just a theme to make that compatible w/iSatin/Carbon's layout/design.
    2009-10-21 12:46 AM
    Everybody but me i guess. Thanks again!
    2009-10-21 12:56 AM
    Everybody but me i guess. Thanks again!
    no problem man it's my fault i should have mentioned that beforehand first off. Did ya get it all sorted out and working now though?=)
    2009-10-21 01:00 AM
    Working great...although one question, do i need to update the plist to reflect my location or does it do it through some iphone magic? I tried to look at the plist in the folder but didn't see a zip or location to edit.
    2009-10-21 01:07 AM
    iphonerookie - great!! But I have one question .... is that weather icon live decreased battery ??
    2009-10-21 01:12 AM
    go into your weather app and make sure the city (i obviously use my hometown) is the first one (or only one if you only have one) in your weather app. Then go to your settings and go into weathericon, and make sure your settings look like this:

and that should make it display the correct weather for you. You are right in that there is no section to put your city/zip in in the plist file. You just do it the way i mentioned above.

Also....i didnt notice it decrease my battery life anymore than before I used it. Keep in mind also...i have 21 mobile substrate add-ons running all the time in sbsettings lol So obviously the more mobile substrate add ons you have running, the more your battery life will suffer. My battery still is holding its charge fine and lasting me through every day or longer=)

Next I've been working on custom Carbon loaders for the theme next. I have them done but need to perfect them a bit more. I'll post 'em up when ready=)
    Last edited by iphonerookie; 2009-10-21 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-21 02:26 AM
    ^ better charge you phone buddy
    2009-10-21 02:38 AM
    ^^^ lmao^^^
    2009-10-21 03:31 AM
    Too bad. Requires firmware 3.0.1 or lower to install. Beautiful theme.
    2009-10-21 03:56 AM
6,493 ... 1757656667686977117167 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD