So we all know you can download font colors from cydia, but you can only pick a handful of colors. That blue a shade too dark for you? Maybe you want something silver or gold? Well here it is: a simple and painless way to change the font to the color you want!

I've attached a picture of the font i made to prove it works!

Prerequisite: SSH program, notepad (or whatever mac's use)

Step 1: first to create the folder so you can turn the font color on/off in winterboard. On your desktop make a folder called "(whatever color you want) Font.theme **note - you can name it whatever you want, i do it this way for convenience**

Step 2: open notepad and copy this into it without the "s

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>NavigationBarStyle</key>
    <string>1</string>
    <key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>/*font-family: monospace;*/ font-size: 13px; color: REPLACEWITHHEXVALUE</string>
    <key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>/*font-family: monospace;*/ font-size: 13px; color: REPLACEWITHHEXVALUE</string>
    <key>TimeStyle</key>
    <string>/*font-family: monospace;*/ font-size: 16px; color: REPLACEWITHHEXVALUE</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>"

Step 3: Finding the hex value. There are two ways to do this. easiest is to go to Hexadecimal Color Chart, Web Safe Colors and use either the chart (the hex value is the 6 letter/number combination on the block of the color you want)or the nifty program under it and then all you have to do is copy the 6 digit/letter RGB value it gives you. Alternatively you could use photoshop, edit the color to what you want and then copy the hex value from that.

Step 4: Go back to notepad and everytime you see REPLACEWITHHEXVALUE simply replace that with your hex value. make sure not to put any extra spaces.

Step 5: Save the notepad file with the name "Info.plist" as a text document (*.txt). Put the saved file in your font color.theme folder.

Step 6: using an SSH program, navigate to /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx on your device. Put your .theme folder in this folder and repspring your itouch/iphone.

Step 7: Now simply activate the theme in winterboard and enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails [HOW TO]change font color to ANY color-img_0004.png  
    Last edited by scocar27; 2009-08-25 at 03:14 AM. Reason: added picture
    2009-08-25 03:05 AM
    Thanks! This works great! Any chance you can change the battery percent and/or MakeItMine text with this method?
    2009-08-27 06:36 AM
    works gr8 100% thank u
    2009-08-27 04:22 PM
    Thanks! This works great! Any chance you can change the battery percent and/or MakeItMine text with this method?
    not sure For MIM, but battery percent yes! though the theme i have now has custom battery percents, so i just colored them over using photoimpact. tell me if you get it to work or not!
    2009-08-28 12:07 AM
    does anyone know the key name for the numbers in the notification bubbles?
    2009-08-28 10:44 PM
    Does anyone know how to change just the lockscreen time and date font, or how to change these at all. This worked well for me, but it didn't change the lockscreen font.
    2009-08-30 08:39 PM
    Can this method just be used for specific apps, or is this for the whole system?
    2009-08-30 09:26 PM
    Does anyone know how to change just the lockscreen time and date font, or how to change these at all. This worked well for me, but it didn't change the lockscreen font.
    im not sure how, i took the strings for this straight from a colored font theme.

Can this method just be used for specific apps, or is this for the whole system?
    i can be specific, though you would have to find the strings for that specific app. all of the strings i used are from a font color theme off cydia, so the items to be colored werent necessarly my choice
    2009-08-31 01:25 AM
    Do you happen to know the strings for the battery percentage?
    2009-09-01 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD